3StocksOnFire — US Stock Trading Community · 451+ trades · 257% returns · 15,000 members · Main Site · Trader's Guide · Articles · Video Analyses
3 Stocks On Fire
3StocksOnFire Community Forum
Home Message Boards Trader's Guide Articles Video Analysis About Us Search Register

Session of 02/16/2007

Started by David Randolph, February 16, 2007, 09:53:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rudynostalgia

Granted all companies will have complaints. From 1993 to 2005 I ran one of the web's largest commercial sites and we recieved complants, but they were on a variety of topics (shipping, etc.)  The complaints against CPNE are all about the credit card switch. It's one thing to have unhappy customers. It's another to be engaged in a practice that will soon drain funds from your botton line...unless you use a Ponzi scheme to keep on replacing the lost decieved subscribers with fresh dupes. Also, the whole Planet Commerce site is weird. Most of the companies on there are just links to other businesses. It's all very cleverly put together to give the impression of this mega web operation when it really looks and feels like a bunch of hackers trapped in a boiler room. 

TraderStar

Quote from: nullzero on February 16, 2007, 03:33:55 PM
PFSW may run into the 1.20s! this is looking very good. Its about to break overhead resistance at 1.15-1.16. Volume has just kicked in full swing last 30mins.

Cool .. go, PFSW, go!!  :D :D

nullzero

Quote from: rudynostalgia on February 16, 2007, 03:42:08 PM
Granted all companies will have complaints. From 1993 to 2005 I ran one of the web's largest commercial sites and we recieved complants, but they were on a variety of topics (shipping, etc.)  The complaints against CPNE are all about the credit card switch. It's one thing to have unhappy customers. It's another to be engaged in a practice that will soon drain funds from your botton line...unless you use a Ponzi scheme to keep on replacing the lost decieved subscribers with fresh dupes. Also, the whole Planet Commerce site is weird. Most of the companies on there are just links to other businesses. It's all very cleverly put together to give the impression of this mega web operation when it really looks and feels like a bunch of hackers trapped in a boiler room. 

I can see your concern, I will however keep holding on unless some bad news that can fundamentally impact CPNE comes out.

nullzero

#78
Quote from: TraderStar on February 16, 2007, 03:52:19 PM
Quote from: nullzero on February 16, 2007, 03:33:55 PM
PFSW may run into the 1.20s! this is looking very good. Its about to break overhead resistance at 1.15-1.16. Volume has just kicked in full swing last 30mins.

Cool .. go, PFSW, go!!  :D :D

Its turning out to be a beautiful close, lets see if it can close at the HOD with a big white candle shooting through the 50dma :). Big blocks for sale @ 1.18 on level 2. It looks like we will close between 1.13-1.16.

TraderStar

#79
Quote from: Quasi on February 16, 2007, 03:19:12 PM
Quote from: prodigykid6 on February 16, 2007, 02:36:42 PM
Options Question....when call options expire in the money then does the holder turn around and sell them on the open market the next day? im trying to figure out if a stock will go down because of heavy call buying...thanks guys


Well all those guys buying the calls are betting the stock will go up, it would be contrarian to bet against them.

As far as the calls expiring, I'm not an options expert, but if you're in the money you better exercise them on or before expiry as there is no selling them the next day.  Check with your broker, mine will automatically exercise me at the end of expiry day, if I'm in the money by more than the exercise commission.  Also if this happens better make sure you have money or margin because your gonna own the stock.

Quasi

Um ... not sure what you mean here.  A call option gives you the right but not the obligation to buy a stock.  If it expires, you lose your premium, that's all.  You do not have to buy the stock unless you decide to exercise the option prior to expiration ...

TraderStar

Quote from: nullzero on February 16, 2007, 03:52:53 PM
Quote from: rudynostalgia on February 16, 2007, 03:42:08 PM
Granted all companies will have complaints. From 1993 to 2005 I ran one of the web's largest commercial sites and we recieved complants, but they were on a variety of topics (shipping, etc.)  The complaints against CPNE are all about the credit card switch. It's one thing to have unhappy customers. It's another to be engaged in a practice that will soon drain funds from your botton line...unless you use a Ponzi scheme to keep on replacing the lost decieved subscribers with fresh dupes. Also, the whole Planet Commerce site is weird. Most of the companies on there are just links to other businesses. It's all very cleverly put together to give the impression of this mega web operation when it really looks and feels like a bunch of hackers trapped in a boiler room. 

I can see your concern, I will however keep holding on unless some bad news that can fundamentally impact CPNE comes out.

I will be curious to see how David responds to all of this ... he did DD on the company and if he thought it was built on a ponzi scheme I doubt he would have recommended it...  and in fact, it is his favorite of the 3 we are holding now.

Se7en

rudynostalgia, post you remarks/complaints on the CPNE thread, let's see what David's take is on this!

http://www.3stocksonfire.org/trading/index.php?topic=8838.msg88901#new
Així és la Catalunya, així és el Barça! Mès que un club!!!

nullzero

Nice close on PFSW would of been even better if it broke out and stayed above the resistance at north of 1.15. Its looking good for monday hopefully we can get a continuation with a strong break out above 1.15.

kslifka

Man KRSL jumped off the chart...up from $15 this morning to $19.70 in the past hour. :o

TraderStar


nullzero

Quote from: kslifka on February 16, 2007, 04:02:42 PM
Man KRSL jumped off the chart...up from $15 this morning to $19.70 in the past hour. :o

Nice almost a double in three days lol.

Quasi

Quote from: TraderStar on February 16, 2007, 03:56:44 PM
Um ... not sure what you mean here.  A call option gives you the right but not the obligation to buy a stock.  If it expires, you lose your premium, that's all.  You do not have to buy the stock unless you decide to exercise the option prior to expiration ...

Be careful, check with your broker they have different policies.  I use BMO here in Canada and their policy is as follows, unless you inform them otherwise.  I guess it's probably just their way of reducing the phone traffic on expiry day, as you only have to call if you're in the money and would rather let the profit expire as maybe it is too small and you feel bearish on the stock or something.

"Industry wide policy change on Option pricing
Effective October 2006, both Canadian & U.S. Equity Options automatic exercise threshold price for in-the-money options has changed from $0.25 to $0.05  ....."

Quasi
JMHO subject to change without notice,
Happy Investing / Trading

Quasi

WallStreetnBio

Thanks for the help Quasi. I bought the March puts @ 25 strike for ONXX. I just have a feeling that the big boys were pumping up the stock because of the experation today. All month there was heavy call buying. I think that there going to be selling all these shares after they exersice there calls. Could be wrong but I'll roll the dice.
#1  CDS
#2  XING

rudynostalgia

I brought the CPNE issue up with David a few days ago and he pretty much said the same things I've  heard  today on the board. He also encouraged me to post my thoughts here as he felt that the point of this forum was to exchange ideas. 

rudynostalgia

Before we close down for the day, I'd like to say that I've mixed it up on a lot of boards...having to do with both investing and my are of expertise  (collectibles, especially movie memorabilia) and the 3SOF group is the best informed and best behaved I've run across. The idea is to exchange ideas and information and keep personalities out of it and that's exactly what's happening here. I've learned a lot in the short time that I've been on the site and I've also picked up a nice piece of change. Maybe it's all due to David's polite and supercool manner. Who would want to disappoint such a nice guy.