3StocksOnFire — US Stock Trading Community · 451+ trades · 257% returns · 15,000 members · Main Site · Trader's Guide · Articles · Video Analyses
3 Stocks On Fire
3StocksOnFire Community Forum
Home Message Boards Trader's Guide Articles Video Analysis About Us Search Register

News:

Welcome to 3StocksOnFire! US stock trading community (2005-2010) with 451+ documented trades and 15,000+ members. View Portfolios | Stock Articles | Quotes

Main Menu

CIMT

Started by Livana, March 12, 2007, 05:17:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DragonAMG

Quote from: thai626 on April 16, 2007, 04:06:11 PM
I'm no longer going to play a losers game and hold a stock hoping for it to get back where it was on friday.  Not letting this winner turn into a loser...........Too bad I didn't sell in the morning as I would have made much more.

Just trying to stick to my strategy here......good luck all.

Congratulations on turning a nice little profit... but, I think you're going to regret that decision.

thai626

in at 2.80 and out at 4.10

Nothing to complain about there..........even if it does go up some more, I'll be happy with my decision.  There's always a time to buy back in.....I'm just playing it safe from here on.
Current Holdings:  ASTM, STV, SVA, NIHK.ob

calven

Heres an article I wrote on CIMT -
http://www.chartsetups.com/blogs/7/CIMT-Low-Float-with-Volume.html

Heres an updated chart - I see support at 3.40-3.50 - should get a significant bounce there!
StockGravity.com - The Forces that Move Stocks!
http://www.stockgravity.com

Ares

#18
Hi Calven,
My analysis seems similar to yours.
I was also looking at 3.50 range as support for a shorter term hold (probably a month and 3.06 (Daily congest for support/resistance) as a more comfortable entry.
But if price does go to the 3.06 area, it has to break back up above the 3.44 area to stay away from a head and shoulders pattern forming.
Here's some chart that I drew.
Go in with upside momentum or wait for stock to tank and buy close to support.

Ares

#19
Hi mbaugh,

This would probably be a better entry here.
I'm still watching CIMT for entry to test where this will go if held for a month.
I'm contemplating whether to enter on weakness using the RSI(2) signal or enter on strength using the stochastic/MACD signal.
If I try to catch this weakness at the 3.50 level and fails, this could go down to
the $3.00 level.
If I wait for strength using the stochastic/MACD, I may end up getting in above 4.728.
If the price trades 2.5% above the open today witha positive net price, that may be my signal to get in.
Or
Should I wait for the price to break the previous day's high with higher volume (than yesterday's )and trade above the daily 8ema?
Oh choices, choices and decisions to make.

Currently, price is in between the 2nd and 3rd line (1 being the lowest) of the linear regression.

If I enter close to 3.44 using the RSI(2) signal for entry and the price goes up, the stochastics/MACD should be pulled up giving a higher entry signal to buy on strength.
Go in with upside momentum or wait for stock to tank and buy close to support.

mbaugh

CIMT bounced strongly on its support line at 3.55 two days in a row.  As I said earlier, this is a buy and hold stock regardless of what price you buy in.  When David first bought this stock he was down over 18% and now he is up over 30% from his buy price.  This stock is a low float stock thus causing violent swings.  The problem with waiting for a better enrty price is that when it moves, it moves fast.  I understand what you are doing, I did the same, but in the long-run it didn't work, you could end up missing a huge run due to news or new developments.  Good luck with your entry.

Ares

Current CIMT possibilities that I could see.
I was trying to see if i could get in at 3.56 (1 cent higher than where the market maker was bidding that was a logical entry for today) but didn't get a fill.
We'll see what happens tommorow.
I may get left out, but I didn't feel comfortable with the game they were playing today on low volume.
Go in with upside momentum or wait for stock to tank and buy close to support.

kslifka

Quote from: Ares on April 19, 2007, 10:30:06 PM
Current CIMT possibilities that I could see.
I was trying to see if i could get in at 3.56 (1 cent higher than where the market maker was bidding that was a logical entry for today) but didn't get a fill.
We'll see what happens tommorow.
I may get left out, but I didn't feel comfortable with the game they were playing today on low volume.

I see you use exponential charting.   I don't like to use exponential for short term...that is less than a year.

Linear charting paints a different picture.   ;)

Ares

I didn't know the terminology.
I just drew some lines that seems to make sense.
Thanks for adding new words to my vocabulary. :)
Applaud for that.
By the way, I like those little arrows with numbers on the side of your chart.
What did you click to get those?
Go in with upside momentum or wait for stock to tank and buy close to support.

Ares

Hi kslifka,

I just figured out that it's the y axis label that needs to be checked on stock charts.
Still will be looking forward for more ideas from you.
Happy trading.

Ares
Go in with upside momentum or wait for stock to tank and buy close to support.

thai626

Quote from: Ares on April 19, 2007, 11:47:53 PM
I didn't know the terminology.
I just drew some lines that seems to make sense.
Thanks for adding new words to my vocabulary. :)
Applaud for that.
By the way, I like those little arrows with numbers on the side of your chart.
What did you click to get those?



Ares, what he/she meant was that the chart was logarithmic scale instead of linear scale.  It has nothing to do with the lines you drew.   Notice how the lines get closer together near the top......that's a logarithmic scale.
Current Holdings:  ASTM, STV, SVA, NIHK.ob

Ares

Hi thai626,

Thanx for clarifying that.
I'll give you an applaud.

Ares

Go in with upside momentum or wait for stock to tank and buy close to support.

422fwhp


Kublakhan

Last day of trading before earnings are released.  I'm surprised this stock isn't seeing more action today (either for good or for bad).

kslifka

Quote from: Kublakhan on May 18, 2007, 01:16:58 PM
Last day of trading before earnings are released.  I'm surprised this stock isn't seeing more action today (either for good or for bad).

Many of these "under the radar" small cap stocks don't run into earnings.  Take a look at some small company stocks that took off after earnings reports.  In fact, CIMT barely moved ahead of the earnings release in March, and we all know the result ;D .  Typically small caps don't move as much ahead of earnings unlike the more known larger cap stocks.