3StocksOnFire — US Stock Trading Community · 451+ trades · 257% returns · 15,000 members · Main Site · Trader's Guide · Articles · Video Analyses
3 Stocks On Fire
3StocksOnFire Community Forum
Home Message Boards Trader's Guide Articles Video Analysis About Us Search Register

tma - put options

Started by catrader, March 13, 2007, 12:38:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

catrader

just got into a couple of jul 22.50 puts for 1.85.  we'll see how it goes.  if new and lend are any indication, it might be a profitable trade. we shall see.  nullzero was negative on tma and ahm on the stock picking thread.  pompano was bearish on lend but missed that as it is way down today.  good luck trading.

nullzero

I was thinking of some TMA puts myself

Samantha Stephens

#2
OK - I've got to make this snappy ... before I get the paid ad popup that asks for my email address so it can put me on some list...and wipes me out ... again. And ... I'll forgo the spellchecker...sorry.

I've got to tell you that - right or wrong on this. I think your idea is brilliant!

You totally didn't over pay for the Greeks. You gave yourself plent of time for the whole US economy to fall apart ... and take every other country with it. The whole sector is in trouble ... but they didn't find this one stock. As soon as they do ... fear should sink this ship as well! It's a really great idea. OK ... I've gotta go before the big wipeout. I  ;D you for the Brilliant idea ...

You figured out how to play LEND ... you came up with the perfect play. Find the beautiful house on the ugly block.

So ... so ... smart.
-Sam
Please don't drink and trade...
Sponsored by: CBOE, NYMX, AMX, NADQ ...

Cheers!

nullzero

I take it you like the TMA july 07 22.50 puts Sam  ;D? I was looking to get into possibly those puts.. But Im waiting for a entry, im thinking if the market gaps up on decent PPI news tomorrow it would be a good time to enter some puts and shorts.

catrader

#4
well still holding to puts, might have like a 30% profit if exited at the bottom so far, but held and sitting on a loss right now.  learning experience, have to wake up before market starts to make profit it seems.  also if insider bought like nearly 5 million dollars worth of tma stock, would you say he/she is bullish and make me take a loss on these puts?

Samantha Stephens

Like I said. EVEN IF YOU LOSE MONEY - - THIS WAS A BRILLIANT PLAY. Period.
Nullzero ... you're probably right about a better entry ... maybe closer to a support that was broken .... but I still REALLY LIKE THIS IDEA. :)

You know how I run that scan for strange option volatility? ... like I did with ONXX, NFLD etc? Well LEND has been showing up ... for a while now... and then with my job and all ... I'm just out of it. LIKE ... I STILL DON'T KNOW WHAT HAPPENED FEBRUARY 26-28 ... AND NOBODY IS HELPING ME OUT WITH AN EXPLAINATION!!!!!!! What the hell???

So ... I haven't been posting new option ideas ... cause I just don't know what's going on anymore. It's really sad. So I'm trying to limit my posts to the theoretical side.

ANYWAY ... I ran my screen 2 Tuesdays ago ... and LEND showed up. I thought it was a total typo. LEND? WHY LEND???? So I did nothing with the information. The stock was at 18 ... I had no clue why the market was headed south.

BUT ... once I find those strange stocks/options ... you'll notice in every post ... I'M BEGGING FOR HELP IN HOW TO PLAY THEM. You guys (ok ... found out StarTrader was a chick .... so since she is brilliant ... I should probably say ... you chicks ... hahahah) you guys FOUND THE WAY TO PLAY LEND.

Of course ... I care if you make money on this idea ... but I think the REAL VALUE IN THIS POST IS THAT YOU CAME UP WITH A WAY TO PLAY THE BIZAR STOCKS/OPTION SKEWS THAT I KEEP FINDING. It's JUST smart!

You're smart, smart, smart, smart, smart, smart...smart. SMART!

On more thing I'll point out ... not sure where you live ... but I was watching TV the other night ... and I saw like a MoneyTree commercial. Not sure if you have "Money Trees"... so I'll quickly explain...

They are these companies that prey on the people who can't afford their bills, and they give you loans against your next paycheck. The problem is that if you make $1K / month and your bills are $1,001.00 ... you might consider going in to get an advance on your next paycheck. BUT ... when you do, they take a huge percentage. So ... you're fine for the first month ... but then you have to do it the next month ... and the next month ... until finally everything you're making goes to the "loansharks". It's really horrible and I can't believe it's not illegal. Heroin is illegal. So the other night I'm watching TV ... and usually I'll see their commercials that go something like "come on in .. we have a loving staff of people ... who care about you ... and will give you the help you need" ... well this commercial was... "MoneyTree money advances should be used only for extraordinary circumstances ... bla bla bla." My guess (and since I'm out of the loop and all.... you may already know about their problems...." But that says to me either ... unrecoverable debt ... lawsuits ... law changes ... etc. Keep an eye on those loanshark stocks. I think something is up.
-Sam



Please don't drink and trade...
Sponsored by: CBOE, NYMX, AMX, NADQ ...

Cheers!

nullzero

I got some Puts on LEND today... The April 07 10.00 puts @ 3 today.. I could of gotten them at 2.9 but mistakenly put in a market order instead of a limit! but I believe I will be in the money by a great deal tomorrow  >:D.

catrader

in retrospect, quasi was right on!  a month later or more on this play would have been money.  Unfortunately for me, bought the shorter term put.  imagine what a month can do!

lucror

Anyone think some cfc puts might be a good idea before noon tomorrow? I'm just not sure whether all the recent and earnings news is already priced in?

lucror

Putting my profits from cfc into some .NFIXA, NFI dec 5 puts at 2.20. I just don't see how this "good" news will really help in the long run.