3StocksOnFire — US Stock Trading Community · 451+ trades · 257% returns · 15,000 members · Main Site · Trader's Guide · Articles · Video Analyses
3 Stocks On Fire
3StocksOnFire Community Forum
Home Message Boards Trader's Guide Articles Video Analysis About Us Search Register

Session of 03/14/2007

Started by David Randolph, March 14, 2007, 09:39:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which 2 stocks to cover today?

BIDU
2 (12.5%)
SMTX
1 (6.3%)
XING
3 (18.8%)
CHINA
4 (25%)
JADE
2 (12.5%)
GIGM
11 (68.8%)
SVA
2 (12.5%)
AOB
3 (18.8%)
MHJ
1 (6.3%)
BARE
2 (12.5%)
SPC
1 (6.3%)

Total Members Voted: 16

nullzero

Im under water some on those July 07 30 Puts for CFC but I have plenty of time for the trade to play out on my favor. I still think its an excellent time to enter CFC puts.

nicknite20

Bought some PUTS on CBOE volatility index $VIX this mornings..

Volatility is too high to be sustainable..

kslifka

Man is ASTI on fire.  I almost bought after hours yesterday after I saw the spike.  Didn't think the news was this HUGE.

DSTI is moving in concert with ASTI.  Solar power has been a good sector the past couple of months.

David Randolph

Quote from: kslifka on March 14, 2007, 03:48:33 PM
Man is ASTI on fire.  I almost bought after hours yesterday after I saw the spike.  Didn't think the news was this HUGE.

DSTI is moving in concert with ASTI.  Solar power has been a good sector the past couple of months.

The news on ASTI is really BIG ! Basically this tiny company will be supported by NHY, a $39 B mammoth.

David Randolph

Quote from: David Randolph on March 14, 2007, 03:53:41 PM
Quote from: kslifka on March 14, 2007, 03:48:33 PM
Man is ASTI on fire.  I almost bought after hours yesterday after I saw the spike.  Didn't think the news was this HUGE.

DSTI is moving in concert with ASTI.  Solar power has been a good sector the past couple of months.

The news on ASTI is really BIG ! Basically this tiny company will be supported by NHY, a $39 B mammoth.

If instead of saying how much it was up you just posted the news it would have been easier to spot the easy rally. My bet is it will go up another 30 - 50% tomorrow.

WallStreetnBio

Quote from: David Randolph on March 14, 2007, 03:56:49 PM
Quote from: David Randolph on March 14, 2007, 03:53:41 PM
Quote from: kslifka on March 14, 2007, 03:48:33 PM
Man is ASTI on fire.  I almost bought after hours yesterday after I saw the spike.  Didn't think the news was this HUGE.

DSTI is moving in concert with ASTI.  Solar power has been a good sector the past couple of months.



The news on ASTI is really BIG ! Basically this tiny company will be supported by NHY, a $39 B mammoth.

If instead of saying how much it was up you just posted the news it would have been easier to spot the easy rally. My bet is it will go up another 30 - 50% tomorrow.

why do you think it will go up that much tomorrow? Hydro only paid 5.77 a share.
#1  CDS
#2  XING

kslifka

Quote from: prodigykid6 on March 14, 2007, 04:06:44 PM
Quote from: David Randolph on March 14, 2007, 03:56:49 PM
Quote from: David Randolph on March 14, 2007, 03:53:41 PM
Quote from: kslifka on March 14, 2007, 03:48:33 PM
Man is ASTI on fire.  I almost bought after hours yesterday after I saw the spike.  Didn't think the news was this HUGE.

DSTI is moving in concert with ASTI.  Solar power has been a good sector the past couple of months.



The news on ASTI is really BIG ! Basically this tiny company will be supported by NHY, a $39 B mammoth.

If instead of saying how much it was up you just posted the news it would have been easier to spot the easy rally. My bet is it will go up another 30 - 50% tomorrow.

why do you think it will go up that much tomorrow? Hydro only paid 5.77 a share.

That is why I didn't buy... I figured it would stall around $6.  I understand Hydro is looking to get a return on their investment...but when I saw it after hours it was already up to 6.20 yesterday.

I know a lot of people pack it up after hours...but I have to tell you a lot of news and earnings events get missed if you don't hang around.

David Randolph

#52
ASTI is a $47 M market cap company operating in the red hot solar technology market. NHY, a $39 B market cap company, bought 23% of ASTI at a price 25% above the market price.

The price NHY bought isn't all that important, what matters most is NHY thinks ASTI's technology is very valuable. That is enough to take the stock to the hundreds of millions in market cap, as other zero revenues solar companies are trading.

Always compare the market caps when there are two companies involved, if a $39 B mammoth even talks to a less than $100 M market cap you know the rally on the micro cap is a sure thing.

Damn it, this would have been great for the Fire, it's a pity nothing like this came up a few days ago. The next time, tell me stories instead of % moves, everyday there are several stocks going up by more than 50%, penny stocks and all, but it's not everyday you find one that goes up for a sound and crystal clear motive like this!

David Randolph

GIGM analysis: (I'm waiting for 2 hours for the video to process, I'll leave it here this way and eventually it will be processed)



Indeed, GIGM is a spectacular long term holding in my view, independent of economic cycles.

I'll leave CHINA for tomorrow, see ya :)