3StocksOnFire — US Stock Trading Community · 451+ trades · 257% returns · 15,000 members · Main Site · Trader's Guide · Articles · Video Analyses
3 Stocks On Fire
3StocksOnFire Community Forum
Home Message Boards Trader's Guide Articles Video Analysis About Us Search Register

ASTI

Started by pompano, March 14, 2007, 01:49:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pompano

Breakaway bluesky breakout for ASTI.  Look for this low floater  to have a similar run into the teens like DSTI did a few years back.  The warrants are very cheap at these levels. :o ASTIZ AND ASTIW


pompano

#1
Here's the news that will cause the run.

http://biz.yahoo.com/bw/070313/20070313006114.html?.v=1

Investors in Ascent Solar Technologies (ASTI: 7.80, +3.15, +67.7%) lit up Wednesday thanks to the land of the midnight sun. Norway's Norsk Hydro (NHY: 30.14, +0.29, +1.0%) made a $9.2 million investment in the tiny Littleton, Colo., company, powering Ascent's shares up 62% in midday trading.

The private placement represented a 23% stake in the company, according to Ascent, which spun out last year from ITN Energy Systems, a research and development company that works on government and private technology development, largely for the aerospace and defense industries.

Hydro paid about $5.77 a share, a 25% premium to Tuesday's closing price. The Oslo-headquartered company, which is the world's third-largest aluminum producer, will have the option to increase its stake by 12% of the outstanding shares once the deal is approved by shareholders.

REALDEALS21

STRONG + HUGE DAY ! I think kslifka missed this 1.  ;D ;)

pompano

No kidding, the Norsk Hydro company is building a hydrogen highway in Norway I believe.

All of the hydrostations will be powered by, you guessed it, solar cells. Looks like we know who will be providing them now.  8)  Guess they are saving that PR for a rainy day. ;)

kslifka

Quote from: REALDEALS21 on March 14, 2007, 03:54:44 PM
STRONG + HUGE DAY ! I think kslifka missed this 1.  ;D ;)

sure did miss this one.  Saw the news yesterday after hours.  It jumped up to 6.20...and I never bought.  Not even today.  :P

Bought DSTI though for a good run today. ;D

labatts6254

Why are the ASTIZ warrants so undervalued compared to ASTIW?

Cheers,

lancefur

Anyone think this will continue the trend up from here? I missed this one after getting rid of it 3 weeks ago.  :'(

Live hard, love harder and be happy.
Have a Super-Fantastic Day!

labatts6254

I see ASTIZ is a class B warrant, whereas ASTIW is a class A warrant; what is the real difference in value to the stock price between A and B?

kslifka

Quote from: lancefur on March 14, 2007, 10:20:55 PM
Anyone think this will continue the trend up from here? I missed this one after getting rid of it 3 weeks ago.  :'(



After not initially realizing the strength of the latest news...I believe it can go up further.  I will try to get in on a pull back around $8.  ASTI went hyperbolic toward the end of the day...so I believe a pullback is in order.  I could be wrong though but will not risk it buying at the open.

Solar has been hot.  I bought back into DSTI.  Something seems to be driving that low market cap solar stock too.

lancefur

Quote from: kslifka on March 14, 2007, 11:31:00 PM
Quote from: lancefur on March 14, 2007, 10:20:55 PM
Anyone think this will continue the trend up from here? I missed this one after getting rid of it 3 weeks ago.  :'(



After not initially realizing the strength of the latest news...I believe it can go up further.  I will try to get in on a pull back around $8.  ASTI went hyperbolic toward the end of the day...so I believe a pullback is in order.  I could be wrong though but will not risk it buying at the open.

Solar has been hot.  I bought back into DSTI.  Something seems to be driving that low market cap solar stock too.

I missed DSTI too. Went up fast near the end of the day and I didn't get in at the right time.
Live hard, love harder and be happy.
Have a Super-Fantastic Day!

pompano

Hi lance, IMO ASTI will continue to move.   No overhead resistance, great momentum in a hot sector, plenty of cash, a big-time backer. 

You can't underscore the importance of the deal theY inked with Norsk Hyrdo.  I suggest doing just a little research on them.  Ticker symbol NHY.

I would be shocked if ASTI did not continue to move higher over the next few months.

David Randolph

#11
You know I've been reticent on buying alternative energy stocks, because they're not selling anything (I'm talking about the smaller ones) and have very weak balance sheets, which inevitably leads them to diluting shareholder's value.

But ASTI, an incipient $61 M market cap company, got support from Norsk Hydro (NHY), a $39 B market cap company, which entirely changes the ball game in my opinion. ASTI now not only has a strong balance sheet (they got $9.23 M from the sale of a 23% stake - which adds to the $12 M they already had from the IPO, and almost no debt), they also have the global NHY's sales power working for them:

• Hydro Makes Investment in Ascent Solar
Business Wire (Tue, Mar 13)

NHY has the deep pockets needed to put solar energy on many projects across the World.

Yes, I know ASTI rose 90% or so yesterday, but I don't care about the share price, just market cap. I see a $61 M alternative energy company with a cash balance of $20 M plus and a bright future, being supported by a $39 B market cap company.

Trading plan:

Buy ASTI, 6.66% of capital as always.

(this one will also go to the 3 Stocks on Fire Portfolio)

rudynostalgia

Well, David, as one U.S. Congressman said to another, it's nice to see we're on the same page. I bought some ASTI right before the close yesterday. I've been long on DSTI for a quite a while. They were up a buck yesterday.

David Randolph

Quote from: rudynostalgia on March 15, 2007, 07:50:54 AM
Well, David, as one U.S. Congressman said to another, it's nice to see we're on the same page. I bought some ASTI right before the close yesterday. I've been long on DSTI for a quite a while. They were up a buck yesterday.

Yep, nice to join you on board rudynostalgia :)

But I think ASTI is much better than DSTI, look how DSTI has been losing more than $5 M a quarter, how their balance sheet shows negative working capital and they don't have any Norsk Hydro supporting them, so the only way out over the short term is dilution.

Anyway, maybe the sun will keep shinning for all of them, good luck :)

rudynostalgia

So far today ASTI  is down .31 and DSTI is up .39   When DSTI gets its financing, it will make a major move 'cause it has some large contracts in hand. Also, Hillary didn't visit that plant twice this year for her health.