3StocksOnFire — US Stock Trading Community · 451+ trades · 257% returns · 15,000 members · Main Site · Trader's Guide · Articles · Video Analyses
3 Stocks On Fire
3StocksOnFire Community Forum
Home Message Boards Trader's Guide Articles Video Analysis About Us Search Register

News:

Welcome to 3StocksOnFire! US stock trading community (2005-2010) with 451+ documented trades and 15,000+ members. View Portfolios | Stock Articles | Quotes

Main Menu

Final remarks on the Stock Talking Board

Started by David Randolph, April 02, 2007, 09:31:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

David Randolph

Hi :)

This message board was previously called "3 Stocks on Fire Portfolio Message Board", as most of you know, as I used it to the management of that very concentrated Portfolio. There were three objectives to this board:

1) To turn a small trading account ($15,000) into a respectable investment account ($150,000)

2) To cover many stocks that could be potential candidates for the bigger Portfolio, the Main Portfolio

3) To attract new subscribers to the 3 SOF Premium Service

The first objective is still ongoing, as the 3 Stocks on Fire Portfolio continues in the Premium area of the website. However, I've seen what has always happened to me before, the "hot hand", "cold hand" phenomena, because in the first month or so I drove the 3 Stocks on Fire Portfolio up 80% and now it is up "just" 40% since inception in January 19, 2007.

The second objective was accomplished, as I covered about 300 new stocks in a short period of time, as you can see on the Stocks Covered List and the redesigned Video Analysis section. I'll keep studying between 1 and 3 new stocks a day with an in depth video analysis.

The third objective was partially accomplished, but subscribers were attracted by short term performance, and it is impossible to always maintain high short term performance, so those subscribers were "weak hands" (no offense, I mean, they were very short term oriented traders) that left the Premium service when some inevitable adversity kicked in. So, the path that I took to grow www.3stocksonfire.org as a company wasn't the right path, as I was adding costumers with a high churn rate.

Over time we've exchanged many trading experiences and methods of analysis, so I believe it was well worth the effort. But now there isn't much more to do here.

We could keep on running those polls to find stocks to be covered, but I would like to look for them myself from now on. I'll be actively participating in the other free boards of www.3stocksonfire.org, especially the Stock Picking Board.

The "Understanding Options" thread, which has great following, will be moved to the "Options" message board tomorrow.

I don't know if you've noticed, but we have our "Chat" back. I'm thinking that the direct and "personal" contact was also one of the things I enjoyed about this message board, so I'm thinking that I should work to revive the chat, being there at a fixed hour everyday. Yes, I'll do that, I'll be at the Chat from 11 am to 12 am (US ET), so we can discuss individual stocks, the general market, trading strategies, different financial products, whatever. If you have time, give me a visit :)

Above all, thank you very much for your participation and interest!

David Randolph

Even though I tested the Chat yesterday and everything was fine, it isn't working properly today (at least I can't access it). The 3 Stocks technical department (Ramsburg :)) is now working to fix the technical problem.

Well, we'll meet tomorrow at the same time (11 to 12 am, US ET), same place :)