3StocksOnFire — US Stock Trading Community · 451+ trades · 257% returns · 15,000 members · Main Site · Trader's Guide · Articles · Video Analyses
3 Stocks On Fire
3StocksOnFire Community Forum
Home Message Boards Trader's Guide Articles Video Analysis About Us Search Register

News:

Welcome to 3StocksOnFire! US stock trading community (2005-2010) with 451+ documented trades and 15,000+ members. View Portfolios | Stock Articles | Quotes

Main Menu

CSIQ

Started by pompano, April 16, 2007, 07:38:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pompano

Heres a solar company that no one really talks about.  They do business with JASO, some of you may be familair with JASO from David's recent review.  Anyhow CSIQ had a nice little breakout today.  Keep on watch. ;)

cumulina

I got in - by dumb luck - yesterday, at 10.70  >:D

Happy trading...

:)

Cumulina.

cumulina

Bought back in today at 10.38

Hoping for some reaction to these news:

Press Release   Source: Canadian Solar Inc.

Canadian Solar to Present at the 2007 Deutsche Bank Technology Conference
Wednesday May 2, 8:30 am ET

JIANGSU, China, May 2 /Xinhua-PRNewswire/ -- Canadian Solar Inc. ("the Company", or "CSI") (Nasdaq: CSIQ - News) today announced that the Company is scheduled to present at the 2007 Deutsche Bank Technology Conference on Wednesday, May 16, 2007 in San Francisco. Dr. Shawn Qu, President and Chief Executive Officer, will present at the conference. The Company will webcast the presentation live on its website at www.csisolar.com.
Happy trading...

:)

Cumulina.

nexta

Here you can get LUX Research of 30.04.07 The CleanTech Report:

http://www.fool.com/investing/high-growth/2007/05/01/a-clean-tech-bubble.aspx

and may be good new CSIQ:

Canadian Solar to Present at the 2007 Deutsche Bank Technology Conference
Wednesday May 2, 8:30 am ET

JIANGSU, China, May 2 /Xinhua-PRNewswire/ -- Canadian Solar Inc. ("the Company", or "CSI") (Nasdaq: CSIQ - News) today announced that the Company is scheduled to present at the 2007 Deutsche Bank Technology Conference on Wednesday, May 16, 2007 in San Francisco. Dr. Shawn Qu, President and Chief Executive Officer, will present at the conference. The Company will webcast the presentation live on its website at www.csisolar.com.

    Place:       The Westin St. Francis, San Francisco

    Time:        3:40 p.m. PT, Wednesday, May 16, 2007 in San Francisco
                 6:40 p.m. ET, Wednesday, May 16, 2007 in New York City
                 6:40 a.m., Thursday, May 17, 2007 in Jiangsu, China

    Web Access:  www.csisolar.com


kslifka

CSIQ...another China solar stock breaking out.  Good volume the past 2 weeks. ;D

422fwhp

...on the radar.


kslifka

I really like this China solar stock.  Has the lowest market cap of CSUN, SOLF and CSIQ. 

CSIQ has had some good contracts lately as well.   Great Chart action the last couple of days...and I knew I should have bought back yesterday with the sell-off :-\

Anyway will look to re-enter

Revenue - Quarterly Results (in Millions)
   FY (12/07)   FY (12/06)   FY (12/05)
1st Qtr   17.5   8.8   NA
2nd Qtr   60.4   17.3   7.0
3rd Qtr   NA   17.8   4.5
4th Qtr   NA   24.4   6.8
Total   77.9   68.2   18.3

kslifka

Quote from: kslifka on October 31, 2007, 04:44:06 PM
I really like this China solar stock.  Has the lowest market cap of CSUN, SOLF and CSIQ. 

CSIQ has had some good contracts lately as well.   Great Chart action the last couple of days...and I knew I should have bought back yesterday with the sell-off :-\

Anyway will look to re-enter

Revenue - Quarterly Results (in Millions)
   FY (12/07)   FY (12/06)   FY (12/05)
1st Qtr   17.5   8.8   NA
2nd Qtr   60.4   17.3   7.0
3rd Qtr   NA   17.8   4.5
4th Qtr   NA   24.4   6.8
Total   77.9   68.2   18.3

422fwhp

That itty-bitty $0.03 cent gap kept me from buying  :'(


kslifka

Nice close with CSIQ today.  Volume has been high for the past month too.

bjc

Yes, CSIQ does seem like the best value in the solar space.  Hope you bought some ksl, I think it should have a nice move ahead. 

This market has me shaky.  It's weird...the market punishes/ rewards everyone together on these huge up/down days, but stocks find their way to their value regardless (eventually).  What these days do is present tremendous opportunities to buy the companies that aren't really affected.  For instance, I don't really think further rate cuts have a substantial effect on any of my holdings.   

I'm quite excited to see what the market has ready for us in the next few sessions.  I think we could see another day of sell off, but it can only happen so long before completely rational investors come in to eat up cheap beaten down shares of great stocks, driving shares of the best companies to new highs. 

I might need to make the SOLF to CSIQ switch.  CSIQ looks much cheaper to me on almost all metrics.  I'm undereducated on solar energy...  are SOLF and CSIQ in the same field?  SOLF makes the PV cells and modules, whereas the profile I'm reading says CSIQ makes solar modules.  Maybe SOLF is more involved in suppying the necessary technology and CSIQ is making the applications?  I feel like an idiot reading these and trying to figure out exactly what they each do.  Probably a clue I shouldn't have any money here...oops.

kslifka

Unfortunately I never got in.   :'(

Looking good here on the break-out with volume remaining high.

bjc

I'm kicking myself for not doing complete research and finding CSIQ has far better fundamentals than SOLF. 

A lesson I'm learning and should've already learned is to fully research and make sure you are buying the best company in an industry, whether it be best of breed or based on metrics. 

It's good to learn lessons, though.  We'd never get any better at investing/ trading if we never screwed up!

CSIQ looks great today.  One question I have, which I doubt anyone will be able to answer considering none of us are that knowledgeable of he company, but why is CSIQ called Canadian Solar when it is located in China?

kslifka

Quote from: bjc on November 02, 2007, 01:57:52 PM
I'm kicking myself for not doing complete research and finding CSIQ has far better fundamentals than SOLF. 

A lesson I'm learning and should've already learned is to fully research and make sure you are buying the best company in an industry, whether it be best of breed or based on metrics. 

It's good to learn lessons, though.  We'd never get any better at investing/ trading if we never screwed up!

CSIQ looks great today.  One question I have, which I doubt anyone will be able to answer considering none of us are that knowledgeable of he company, but why is CSIQ called Canadian Solar when it is located in China?

From CSIQ's website:

Founded in 2001, Canadian Solar Inc. (CSI) is a standard solar module and specialty solar module and product company, serving customers located in various markets worldwide.  CSI is incorporated in Canada and conducts all of its manufacturing operations in China.

422fwhp