3StocksOnFire — US Stock Trading Community · 451+ trades · 257% returns · 15,000 members · Main Site · Trader's Guide · Articles · Video Analyses
3 Stocks On Fire
3StocksOnFire Community Forum
Home Message Boards Trader's Guide Articles Video Analysis About Us Search Register

News:

Welcome to 3StocksOnFire! US stock trading community (2005-2010) with 451+ documented trades and 15,000+ members. View Portfolios | Stock Articles | Quotes

Main Menu

VSEA

Started by BigSully1, April 26, 2007, 06:13:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigSully1

Could not find a thread for this one. Surprising, i thought I saw it on this site before.

DETAILS  
Index Membership: S&P 600 SmallCap
S&P 1500 Super Comp
Sector: Technology
Industry: Semiconductor Equipment & Materials
Full Time Employees: 1,588


BUSINESS SUMMARY  
Varian Semiconductor Equipment Associates, Inc. engages in the design, manufacture, marketing, and servicing of semiconductor processing equipment used in the fabrication of integrated circuits. It primarily offers ion implantation systems required to build the transistors that are the basis of integrated circuits. The company?s products include single wafer VIISta 810XP, VIISta 810HP, VIISta 810XE, and VIISta 900 XP ion implanters for medium current sector; VIISta HCP series single wafer ion implanters and VIISta HC ion implanters for high current sector; and the high energy VIISta 3000 series that features true zero degree implant and low contamination. It also provides VIISta PLAD, which is a multi-chamber tool; and VIISta Platform that offers flexibility in managing overall bay productivity. The company serves semiconductor industry manufacturers primarily in North America, Korea, Japan, Europe, and Taiwan. Equipment Associates was founded in 1999 and is headquartered in Gloucester, Massachusetts.

Yet another stellar ER/guidance for VSEA

http://yahoo.reuters.com/news/articlehybrid.aspx?storyID=urn:newsml:reuters.com:20070426:MTFH14126_2007-04-26_21-43-57_BNG93363&type=comktNews&rpc=44



BigSully1

Makes ion implanters that fire groups of charged atoms into silicon wafers. The ions make it possible for the silicon to conduct electricity. EPS growth last 3 Q's 169%, 193% and 171%. With revs increasing 40-46% over the same time frame. Reports 7-26. Earnings outlook for Q3 was cut due to tax charges, but revenue estimate raised. Consensus .67/share, up 109%. Now building the right side of a base after an 11 week correction.

http://stockcharts.com/h-sc/ui?s=VSEA&p=D&b=5&g=0&id=p28042464739



bjc

I'm a buyer of VSEA soon.  I believe in tech right now, and I'm not exposed enough.

VSEA's fundamentals speak for themselves.  Technically..retesting breakout zone.

bjc

Bought some at $47.20 today.  Hope I didn't get in right as the market is crashing!  May have to sell all if we get a couple more brutal days.

bjc

I believe VSEA could be a nice stock to have if this turnaround stays intact.  Especially if tech does well.  Excellent fundamentals and value at this level.  Nice growth. 

bjc

VSEA has been very bullish, I think a breakout is coming.  IMO new highs coming.  I've got a target in the $70-75 range.

bjc

Three white soldiers. 

On a sidenote, it looks like all 3 major indices will break their downtrends tomorrow if the market is up at all. 

Lots of quality names breaking out to new highs again, or right there on the verge..

bjc

New 52 week high.  I believe VSEA has more to give..

bjc

VSEA continues higher.  I don't know if I'd buy at this price, a pullback is probably imminent, but there's a reason for the big time bullish behavior.

Varian mapped out a plan where they're making $5-6 EPS in 2009 at the analyst meeting they held August 23rd.   So, from there it's not hard to achieve a share price in the triple digits. 

This rally is salty!