3StocksOnFire — US Stock Trading Community · 451+ trades · 257% returns · 15,000 members · Main Site · Trader's Guide · Articles · Video Analyses
3 Stocks On Fire
3StocksOnFire Community Forum
Home Message Boards Trader's Guide Articles Video Analysis About Us Search Register

What causes PPS to go down when buying is up?

Started by jsintexas, May 10, 2007, 11:00:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jsintexas

I know, generally, selling moves the price down and buying moves the price up.

Why would the price continually move down or very slowly when the amount of buys is about 3:1 to sells on a daily basis?  Even a big buy block of 50K will not move the price up but a small sell of 3K will drop it a few pennies. 

I am looking at my Ameritrade chart and I assume the green bars mean buys and red bars mean sells.

The stock I am referring to is NTBK.  Look at a chart for the last 10 days, if your chart can show buys/sells.

Also, anyone know where I can get a list that shows the actual buy and sells for the day of a stock?

Thanks!

David Randolph

Quote from: jsintexas on May 10, 2007, 11:00:18 AM
I know, generally, selling moves the price down and buying moves the price up.

Why would the price continually move down or very slowly when the amount of buys is about 3:1 to sells on a daily basis?  Even a big buy block of 50K will not move the price up but a small sell of 3K will drop it a few pennies. 

I am looking at my Ameritrade chart and I assume the green bars mean buys and red bars mean sells.

The stock I am referring to is NTBK.  Look at a chart for the last 10 days, if your chart can show buys/sells.

Also, anyone know where I can get a list that shows the actual buy and sells for the day of a stock?

Thanks!

What are you talking about jsintexas, the number of shares bought and sold is always equal for any given day. Perhaps you're talking about the number of buy orders and number of sell orders, are you? Anyway, those issues don't tell you if a stock will go up or down over the medium term, fundamental analysis does that.

Let me know ...

Se7en

He probably means this David, that on the intradaily chart you can see many green volume blocks of buying but that the prices doesn't move up accordingly and only a few red selling blocks is enough to take the price down. Isn't this what they call accumulation?


example:


Així és la Catalunya, així és el Barça! Mès que un club!!!

David Randolph

Quote from: Se7en on May 15, 2007, 11:01:38 AM
He probably means this David, that on the intradaily chart you can see many green volume blocks of buying but that the prices doesn't move up accordingly and only a few red selling blocks is enough to take the price down. Isn't this what they call accumulation?

example:



I guess that would be more of a sign of distribution, somebody is selling big when buy orders kick in, that's why it doesn't go up. But again, those issues don't drive stock prices over the medium/long term.