3StocksOnFire — US Stock Trading Community · 451+ trades · 257% returns · 15,000 members · Main Site · Trader's Guide · Articles · Video Analyses
3 Stocks On Fire
3StocksOnFire Community Forum
Home Message Boards Trader's Guide Articles Video Analysis About Us Search Register

Conversation about T/A,and indicators?

Started by Weightlifter, June 23, 2005, 10:28:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Weightlifter

I have been very busy as off late and just catching up to some threads here and I would like to know if anyone would like to discuss their different indicators they use,and I would be willing to share some of mine?It might make for some interesting conversation and ideas for everyone  :)..?

Ramsburg


Hi Weightlifter !

In the near future, we'll create an educational section on 3SF, with a lot of articles about this subject. I got a lot of work already done on this subject, but I have to translate it into English.
We'll also ask for the contribution of our members.

Now, about indicators...
I mostly work with chart patterns, when I trade «manual», I just work with patterns, volume, and moving averages.
When I trade «automated», I can use indicators cocktails, mostly based on RSI, DMI and Parabolic SAR, but not the regular standard, I study their historic behavior, divergences, and so on... I never trade by the «book» when it comes to indicators.
Frederick Ramsburg
www.3stocksonfire.org

Try our Premium Service or just Register a FREE Account

Weightlifter

That will be excellent to have a educational section! :D.Here are some of the ones I use,,i usually find it best to use them all together to evaluate a possible buy.,Candles ,Time Series Forecast,,Percentage of Resistance,Momentum indicator,Parabolic,Gann's Lines,,I use MA for a reference but i prefer to use "Lucas Harmonic Rows" to get a exact buy and sell point,and using the "harmonics" also for time projections.I find MA lag too much for me at times.I also do use the conventional chart patterns.I am considering adding Ichimoku charts and a Polynominal software package that i saw awhile back,just it will take some time to add these to the mix.There are some others but these I have found to be helpful on a daily basis.You mentioned that you use the DMI,,do you find it to lag at times?Any ways thanks for posting back!sincerely :)

Melf Elf

Quote from: Weightlifter on June 23, 2005, 11:59:21 PM
.I am considering adding Ichimoku charts

Weightlifter,

You the only person I know to mention Ichimoku (Japanese for "A glance...One Look").  Applause. 

I like Ichimoku alot for the visual picture that it presents, especially when the stock breaks above the cloud or below it.  One of David's "3 Stocks On Fire," Dendreon (DNDN) is right at the crucial juncture of breaking above the cloud for the first time since the end of 2004.  The top of  the cloud for yesterday was 5.65.  A print of of 5.68 is a validated trendline breakout.

The time periods for this indicator reflect trading conditions in Japan in the 1930's, when there were six trading days per week, so I use the following time periods to reflect our current five-day trading week, as suggested in the indicator description.  You can change them on the Parameters Page:

Tenkan-sen 8
Kijun-Sen 22
Senkou Span 44
Chikou Span 22
Horizontal Shift 22

Have fun with it, if you decide to use it.

Weightlifter

I thank you for your compliment and the info that you posted Melf Elf.  :).I will defintely give it a try.What other indicators do you find to be good to use in conjunction with the Ichimoku charts?

Melf Elf

Quote from: Weightlifter on June 24, 2005, 09:41:30 PM
.What other indicators do you find to be good to use in conjunction with the Ichimoku charts?

Sorry to take so long to respond, Weightlifter.  I haven't read this folder since I posted to you.  I don't use many indicators.  MACD.  Relative strength.  I'll look at volume, just to "eyeball" it.  Over the years, I found that I got "analysis paralysis," looking at too many indictors.  One indicator looked good.  Another didn't look so good.  It felt confusing.

I pretty much play patterns, support/resistance, trendlines.