3StocksOnFire — US Stock Trading Community · 451+ trades · 257% returns · 15,000 members · Main Site · Trader's Guide · Articles · Video Analyses
3 Stocks On Fire
3StocksOnFire Community Forum
Home Message Boards Trader's Guide Articles Video Analysis About Us Search Register

News:

Welcome to 3StocksOnFire! US stock trading community (2005-2010) with 451+ documented trades and 15,000+ members. View Portfolios | Stock Articles | Quotes

Main Menu

CTLM

Started by cmshop, June 24, 2005, 02:29:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cmshop

Is it ready for a breakout? or will it go up at least at short-term? On June 22, it went up quite a bit. Look at chart here
daclyiay[pb9!d20,2!f][vc60][iut!Lh14,3!La12,26,9]&pref=G]http://stockcharts.com/def/servlet/SC.web?c=ctlm,uu[h,a]daclyiay[pb9!d20,2!f][vc60][iut!Lh14,3!La12,26,9]&pref=G

fous

#1
CTLM looks like a could be a great opportunity to make some money. Though are the flames dying? I'd like to get some traders with some years of experience to give me their opinion on this one as well.

As far as TA goes, it made a large rounding bottom and someone through gasoline on the price action and lit it on fire! as well its creeping up on the break of it year long trading range at a close above $4.07. It may be the end of its road road but not from the looks of the past couple weeks. We've had retracements the last 2 days and an excellent entry point may be upon us. CTLM has been in a farley flat trading range since 04'. Its looking very bullish since the breakout of the rounding bottom.

Insiders of the Company definatly new something was coming up for the month of september as 63k shares were purchased in the month of August. I wish this would have came up on my screener sooner!

CTLM should have some solid revenues coming in soon with the recent news releases they have made. Here's a couple snippets from recent PR's.

1. NETGEAR has selected Centillium's newest Atlanta(TM) system-on-chip (SoC) solutions to optimize cost and speed production of its latest Voice-over-Internet Protocol (VoIP) platform for the consumer and small business markets. Centillium's newly expanded Atlanta series -- which includes four unique devices and easy-to-use, intuitive application software -- is one of the most complete

2. entillium Communications, Inc. (CTLM), a leading provider of broadband access solutions, has once again raised the performance bar with the planned introduction of its innovative eXtremeVDSL2(TM) technology. A seasoned supplier of over 40 million DSL ports worldwide, Centillium today made its entry into the VDSL market with eXtremeVDSL2, a highly optimized and flexible solution that is expected to enable service providers to deliver unparalleled performance, reliability and reach to their customers.

       eXtremeVDSL2 technology, under development, will complement Centillium's fiber-to-the-premises initiative and extend its DSL product portfolio. Addressing worldwide interoperability requirements, eXtremeVDSL2 is the only solution that is expected to be backwards-compatible with both ADSL2+ and ADSL2++, enabling operators to rapidly deploy next-generation video and triple play services without overhaul or disruption of their existing infrastructure.


I would appreciate some feed back on this pick from this wonderful community. I was actually searching the other day for other forums on stock picks, and realized what a waste of time it was. 3SOF is all i'll ever need ;D

Regards,
-fousc


Heres my chart analysis:



trade it like you mean it!

fous

I filled a posotion in on friday at $4. Price action retested the TL1 on thursday only make make yet another rally, reinforcing the TL1. Also it broke out of its year long trading range on our last session. Im hoping to see this one hit the mid 5's. Let the profits run! My plan is to hold as long as it closes above TL2.

Best of luck,

-fousc
trade it like you mean it!

REALDEALS21

It maybe time to get in CTLM now, it may bounce off the MA 50, volume has been below average and dry !!!!! Possbile 4th quarter rally. Keep it on a lookout !

calven

#4
I will be playing the bounce of CTLM...

October 20th 2005 -
CTLM has seen quite the run up over the past month. For those that missed the initial move and want to get in on the action, significant support exists at 2.90-3.05. I feel enough support exists to make at least 10-15% on the bounce off this support. An upsloping trendline also provides support. Historical chart patterns favor this trade.

Chartsetups
Cal

Disclosure: I will be purchasing 800 shares of CTLM around $2.95
StockGravity.com - The Forces that Move Stocks!
http://www.stockgravity.com

Leaira

I had this stock in September when it was strong, then sold it after it started to go back down.  It made a new high today, and it looks like it's strengthening again.  I'm considering getting back in again.  What do you think?

Leaira

fous

Looks like a good trade in the making to me Leaira  8) Today's price action was a bullish move breaking out of a stubby ascending triangle at 4.20. Volume has been increasing steadily and todays volume was also a new high since this uptrend began.

I actually posted a thread on this pick back in sept as well, though was a little late on timing, i never traded it, it was creating a saucer bottom and i was hoping for it to break out of a trading range but it failed to do so until now.  ::) Good eye. (applauds) I'll post an updated chart on the original thread.

http://www.3stocksonfire.org/trading/index.php?topic=2726.0

Good luck on the trade if you decide to fill a position. Im all locked up right now with my funds or i would consider it.  ;)

-fousc



-fousc
trade it like you mean it!

fous

Thanks to Leaira, CTLM has caught my eye once again  :)

Price action reaching news highs breaking the prior peak of september of 4.20 on the highest amount of volume for this recent uptrend.

Earnings were just released recently stating that CTLM is inching closer to profitability.





Centillium Communications Announces Third Quarter 2005 Financial Results; Company Approaches Profitability; Narrows Loss to $0.02 per Share
10/26/2005 4:05:06 PM

   FREMONT, Calif., Oct 26, 2005 (BUSINESS WIRE) -- Centillium Communications, Inc. (CTLM), a leading provider of broadband access solutions, today announced financial results for the third quarter ended Sept. 30, 2005.

Net revenues in the third quarter of 2005 were $20.0 million, compared with net revenues of $18.6 million in the second quarter of 2005. The gross margin in the third quarter of 2005 was 56.5 percent, compared with 48.7 percent in the prior quarter.

The net loss in the third quarter of 2005 was $822,000, or $0.02 per share, compared with a net loss of $3.7 million, or $0.10 per share, in the second quarter of 2005.

"During the third quarter, we increased our revenues, improved our gross margin and reduced our expenses compared with the second quarter. As a result, we narrowed our net loss significantly," said Faraj Aalaei, co-founder and CEO of Centillium. "In addition to this drive towards profitability, we continued to make progress in our geographic and product diversification. The third quarter revenues from our customers outside of Japan increased to 45% of total revenues and non-DSL revenues increased to 27% of total revenues.

"We announced during the third quarter that NETGEAR, Inc., a network equipment manufacturer, has chosen our newest Atlanta(TM) system-on-chip (SoC) solutions to deliver its next-generation consumer Voice-over-Internet-Protocol (VoIP) platform to the consumer and small business markets. Atlanta's high-performance routing and throughput delivers superior voice quality, while its versatile, configurable software facilitates cost-efficient, quick time-to market," said Aalaei.

A conference call to review the third quarter 2005 financial results will follow this release at 2:45 p.m. Pacific time/5:45 p.m. Eastern time. To listen to the call, please dial (210) 234-0002, pass code: Centillium. A replay will be made available approximately one hour after the conclusion of the call and will remain available for approximately one week. To access the replay, dial (402) 220-5214. The conference call will also be webcast over the Internet; visit the Investor Relations section of the Centillium Communications website at www.centillium.com to access the call from the website. This webcast will be recorded and available for replay on the Centillium website approximately two hours after the conclusion of the conference call for approximately two weeks.

-fousc[/size][/color]
trade it like you mean it!

Terliso

CTLM is waving on my buying point already... 3.97 LOD  :)

setravis

BooooYaaaaa!! Let's Rock and Roll... 8)
My pick for the Stock Picking Contest that starts on Monday. ;D
Go  Here....... ;)

http://www.3stocksonfire.org/trading/index.php?topic=3927.from1134245937#new
"Success loves to hide behind challenges.
Embrace the challenge, enjoy the journey."

Do your own DD and invest based on your DD, not mine !

Semper Fi
S.E.Travis

Leaira

I bought this again today at 4.70, but I made a mistake of not looking for an earnings date before buying.  It turns out earnings are tomorrow, but after the market close.  So I still have tomorrow to get out of this stock.  I don't like to hold through earnings.  I know I got lucky last January doing that with SMDI, but it was just luck. 

Would the rest of you recommend that I sell tomorrow, then get back in later if earnings are OK?  Or can you actually tell from the chart how it might move after earnings?   

Thanks,
Leaira

echo

I would put a stop loss at 4.50 which is where the 13 day ema is sitting (the 13 day has been good support for the almost the whole month of April). If earnings are good and you get a pop, good for you. If your stop loss gets taken out you lost .20, which is 4.25%. you could always reenter

Jmo, of course

Good luck with it.

And hey!!!, no contest this time?!!! How can the "boys" get back at you if you don't compete?
There's always a bull market somewhere and I promise to bla bla bla bla........

Leaira

One thing I noticed about this chart is that there aren't any big gaps on earnings reports, at least not over the last year.  The recent volume spikes say that many people who bought are holding onto their shares, and most probably knew of the earnings report.  I guess I'll see how this stock moves tomorrow then decide what to do.

I didn't enter the contest cuz I already won last time.  I wanted to give others a chance to win.

Leaira

PerfectSage

trading at $3.95 in afterhours trading. Ouch.

Hope you sold today.  If not :( for you.

Been on the receiving end of dissapointing earnings announcements to hate holding stuff through earnings.
I wanna be the minority ;)

Leaira

Yes, I decided to sell this morning when I saw it at 4.80.  Holding thru earnings goes against my trading plan, so in order to follow it, I needed to sell the stock.  I see the after-hours trading, and I'm glad I sold it!  Making $100 is a lot better than losing $750!   ;D

Leaira