3StocksOnFire — US Stock Trading Community · 451+ trades · 257% returns · 15,000 members · Main Site · Trader's Guide · Articles · Video Analyses
3 Stocks On Fire
3StocksOnFire Community Forum
Home Message Boards Trader's Guide Articles Video Analysis About Us Search Register

Does anyone ever go WAY long?

Started by wheezledick, June 24, 2005, 04:43:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wheezledick

I know most here use a "love 'em and leave 'em" method of trading strictly by the charts, but does anyone ever buy on LONG term spec? I like new ideas, and I also seem to have an affinity for companies that have a product to sell, you know, actually MAKE something. Does anyone devote a small portion of their money to emerging businesses and just hang on to them? They obviously won't all pay off, but the ones that DO...

Here's three that I like, and have kept an eye on for a while now, and when I have enough "disposable" cash to invest, may give a go.

EFSF.OB
GTE
NPDI.PK

Go to their websites, and check out their products. I think all three are innovators that may reward investors handsomely down the road.

As always, good luck and success to all.

D'Wheeze

52 windsor deluxe

i would imagine a chart trader would only go long... as long as they can make a certain percentage of profit each day or week as it climbs up...it's that profit % that each individual has to figure out for themsevles ...maybe a declining % as the price of the stock goes up. once it tops...sell it. ....that's my strat...

cumulina

Yes, I have a few "longs".......especially one I hope will some day make it really big: GNBT.

Like your "pet"-stocks, this one have a unik produkt/solution.

I only have a very small amount invested in it - mostly really to be able to see when it takes off big time - and then I'll just buy all I can.

When (not IF) that day comes, I'll off course be yelling about it on this site.
But right now the chart is a sad thing to look at!

Other than that I have a couple of "solid" stocks, to keep me from going completely broke in daytrading-frenzy.
You know: grannystocks, that slowly - but surely - are gaining a little bit.

Cheers!
Happy trading...

:)

Cumulina.

setravis

#3
Sure, I go long.
I have one that I have been in now for 24 months.
My buy price was $1.50 and now that little baby is at $24.64,About a week or so ago I took
Half the profits off the table.
Since I found this website, I have made some quick trades on stocks,and some good profits But I do go long. I like to have at least two good long stashed back.
This is a great site.I have learned a lot from the traders here about picking up on a quick trade.
"Success loves to hide behind challenges.
Embrace the challenge, enjoy the journey."

Do your own DD and invest based on your DD, not mine !

Semper Fi
S.E.Travis

wheezledick

NICE return! Do you mind telling which stock that was? I'd like to read the "story" of its rise.

setravis

#5
The Stock is......CRXL
Here is the 3 year chart.
Thank you, it is a nice return.I have enjoyed! ;D
I would like to think BRVO would be the next.

Developing vaccines against influenza, Ebola, malaria, and West Nile virus using its PER.C6 and AdVac technologies.

Crucell has more than 250 issued patents and signed agreements with 30 drug industry majors. With a big R&D pipeline and plenty of cash, it is less risky than other small startup biotech companies. Unlike small-molecule drugs which can be made synthetically, biopharmaceuticals (therapeutic proteins including antibodies, or vaccines) are produced using living cells like Crucell's "PER.C6" core technology.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Here are some of the news articles:I just gave a few here,There is much more.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


PARIS, April 1 (Reuters) - Sanofi Pasteur, the vaccines unit of French drugmaker Sanofi-Aventis ((SASY.PA)), has signed a $97 million 5-year contract with the U.S. health department to accelerate the development of a vaccine against pandemic flu.

The U.S. Health and Human Services Department and Sanofi Pasteur agreed the company would create a unit in the United States that makes vaccines based on a new cell-culture technology, derived from Dutch biotechnology company Crucell ((CRCL.AS)).

The new technology allows for large-scale production of flu vaccines as other cell culture technologies require huge increases in physical production capacity over the current egg-based production of influenza vaccines.

The vaccine used in flu shots must be grown each year in certain types of eggs. The egg supply is maintained only on a seasonal basis.

The agreement is part of the U.S. government's plan to increase flu vaccines production in case of a global epidemic of an especially virulent virus.

The United States is dealing with a flu shot shortage because Chiron Corp. (CHIR,Trade) ran into manufacturing problems and was unable to supply its share.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
AMSTERDAM, June 10 (Reuters) - Dutch biotechnology firm Crucell ((CRCL.AS))(CRXL,Trade) said on Friday it had discovered a human antibody for protection against West Nile virus that has proven effective in animal studies.

"Study results have demonstrated that the fully human monoclonal antibody, derived from patients who survived West Nile infection, effectively neutralized the virus in cell culture and fully protected mice from an otherwise lethal infection," Crucell said in a statement.

Crucell shares gained on the news, rising 4.4 percent to 17 euros, their highest level since October 2000, the month of their initial public offering.

The company, which has never reported a profit, has reported significant progress in developing vaccines against Ebola, the West Nile Virus and SARS.

Crucell's West Nile virus vaccine development programme is due to enter clinical trials at the end of this year.

Since appearing in New York in 1999, the West Nile virus has spread by mosquitos throughout the United States. In 2004, there were 2,470 recorded cases of the disease and 88 fatalities caused by a form of encephalitis, or inflammation of the brain

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


"Success loves to hide behind challenges.
Embrace the challenge, enjoy the journey."

Do your own DD and invest based on your DD, not mine !

Semper Fi
S.E.Travis

wheezledick

Yeehaw, better than a 16 bagger. That's a dream come true! Nice story, too. Check out the one I mentioned, EFSF.OB. They're working on surface sterilization using ozonated water with no heat or chemicals. and producing ozonated ice for keeping food like fresh fish in top condition during transport and on the shelf. They are patenting a process that more easily and efficiently crushes ozone into the water.They also own a company named Knock-out that make disinfectant and decontamination chemicals that are food safe and have passed recent testing where they completely eradicated everything from anthrax virus to the clap. :D Like your guys, I think they have a product that could be in huge demand these days and the in the foreseeable future.

Good luck!

D'Wheeze

setravis

That's a good story on this company.I was reading on them just last week.
I do have them on my watch list,keeping an eye on the company.
One never knows!

a company dedicated to improving food and health conditions around the world through its innovative technologies, today announced via its wholly-owned subsidiary Ozone Safe Food, Inc. (www.ozonesafefood.com), that together with Machpac Australasia Pty. Ltd., the company will be showcasing its patented and patent pending ozone technology and equipment in Sydney, Australia at the country's largest food trade show, Food Pro 2005.

Food Pro 2005 will be held at the Sydney Convention & Exhibition Centre in Darling Harbour on July 10-13. Since its beginnings as the International Meat Trades Fair, Food Pro has grown into the most prestigious, high profile food and beverage trade event in the Asia Pacific region.

Suppliers of processing machinery, ingredients and additives, packaging and a complete range of ancillary products will be on display at Food Pro 2005.

Machpac Australasia Pty. Ltd. is the master distributor of the Ozone Safe Food line of patent pending and patented ozone equipment for both Australia and the United Kingdom.

"On display will be Ozone Safe Food's newly invented Pulsator(TM)," stated Mr. Mark Taggatz, President and CEO of eFoodSafety.com, Inc.

The Pulsator(TM) combines high pressure with ozone and eliminates hot water and chemicals in the plant and equipment cleaning process. Incorporated in the technology is the company's patented Vortex Mixing System(TM) which compresses ozone into microscopic bubbles in a water solution for a faster, more effective application and far less off-gassing.

About eFoodSafety.com, Inc.

eFoodSafety.com, Inc., headquartered in North Palm Springs, California is a holding company that operates two wholly-owned subsidiaries.

The company's Ozone Safe Food, Inc. subsidiary provides a proprietary technology that cleans and sanitizes equipment and other hard surfaces. The patented technology can be utilized for direct application of ozone on pork, beef, poultry, seafood, fruits and vegetables. The company presently has distributors in the United States, United Kingdom, China, Mexico, Canada, and Australia for its equipment, which can also help reduce pathogens and provide longer shelf life to produce and meats.

The company's Knock-Out Technologies, Ltd. subsidiary has developed an all-natural and environmentally safe sporicidal that eradicates anthrax, as well as a germicidal product that kills six major bacteria: E-coli, Listeria, Pseudomonas, Salmonella, Staphylococcus, and Streptococcus. Currently, testing of the germicidal is being done on avian influenza.

Please visit the company's websites at www.efoodsafety.com and www.ozonesafefood.com.


"Success loves to hide behind challenges.
Embrace the challenge, enjoy the journey."

Do your own DD and invest based on your DD, not mine !

Semper Fi
S.E.Travis

daldrich

  One strategy I believe that makes some sense is investing 40% of your portfolio in dividend paying stocks or funds and using the proceeds to buy into investments.
  Several are paying over 10% which alone is better than market returns lately.
Check out PGH, PVX, DSU for a few. The first are in the energy sector and have been appreciating nicely as well as returning strong returns.  The bonus is since they are trusts the profits is 70% tax free as well.

God bless

Tirebldr

Quote from: daldrich on June 28, 2005, 02:32:53 PM
  One strategy I believe that makes some sense is investing 40% of your portfolio in dividend paying stocks or funds and using the proceeds to buy into investments.
  Several are paying over 10% which alone is better than market returns lately.
Check out PGH, PVX, DSU for a few. The first are in the energy sector and have been appreciating nicely as well as returning strong returns.  The bonus is since they are trusts the profits is 70% tax free as well.

God bless

Could someone run a filter on stable companies which pay a high Divident Yield such as daldrich spoke of above? This seems to make sense when the market is as it is these days. What do some of you, who are in the know, think of this? :-\
TIA!!!
Art

higherstocks

Daldrich, what does that mean on your earlier post. The bonus is since they are trusts the profits is 70% tax free as well.. 


Thx

Tirebldr

Quote from: higherstocks on July 03, 2005, 04:43:42 PM
Daldrich, what does that mean on your earlier post. The bonus is since they are trusts the profits is 70% tax free as well.. 


Thx

Last week I had asked Daldrich the same question and this was his respons:
>>.Because it is a Canadian entity listed on a US exchange it gets special tax treatment since 70% of the payout is considered return of principal and only the remaining 30% is taxed at your capital gains rate.

Makes good sense. Not sure if it would make any difference to my IRA though.
Art