3StocksOnFire — US Stock Trading Community · 451+ trades · 257% returns · 15,000 members · Main Site · Trader's Guide · Articles · Video Analyses
3 Stocks On Fire
3StocksOnFire Community Forum
Home Message Boards Trader's Guide Articles Video Analysis About Us Search Register

GSB

Started by David Randolph, June 18, 2007, 07:36:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

David Randolph

GSB continues to dance along the $4 line. No news out. I'll keep holding.

David Randolph

Still playing with the $4 level. No news out. I'll keep holding GSB.

David Randolph

GSB just granted 150,000 options to buy new shares at $4.25 to the company's CFO, which vest over a three year period. The news shouldn't have an impact on the share price, which sloed right at $4. I'll keep holding GSB.

David Randolph

75,000 shares traded on Friday is volume above average for GSB. Let's see if this is the start of a move away from the $4, which I expect to be on the upside. No news out over the weekend. i'll keep holding GSB.

eggman11

Huge Volume today over 258,000 shares already and it has barely moved....very interesting

Garoh

#185
I think it's ready for the trip now ...
No Pain No Gain

David Randolph

Quote from: eggman11 on October 01, 2007, 11:50:24 AM
Huge Volume today over 258,000 shares already and it has barely moved....very interesting

Indeed, that was the prelude for a 10.4% rally :)

GSB finally decided which way to go, and it was up! This is in tandem with fundamental trends.

Now I'll be curious to see if this move gets traction over the next few days and then if it was a "buy the rumor" of something, because, as we know, GSB has many cards in the hand and an explosive press release can be out any day now. This could be a new DoD massive order or something coming from the Synteras partnership.

I'll keep holding GSB for the long term.

Terliso, are you ready to get back into GSB or you'll leave it alone for now? Thanks :)

David Randolph

There wasn't any news out, so GSB's rally fizzled a bit by the end of the session. But I have no doubts there's going to be some positive news out soon, that volume doesn't lie. If not, the company's organic growth will keep it moving higher at an above average rate over the long term.

I'll continue holding GSB for the long term.

David Randolph

QuoteBut I have no doubts there's going to be some positive news out soon, that volume doesn't lie.

I told you good news were coming out:

• GlobalSCAPE's Availl Continuous Data Protection (CDP) Software Now Available for Purchase Over the Internet
Business Wire (Wed 8:30am)

Now let's hope there's no "sell the news" phenomenon, since there was somebody buying ahead of this press release. I guess this publicity on the company's products (which are awesome in my opinion) should drive the stock up nicely. We'll see what happens today.

Of course, I'll keep holding GSB for the long term whatever happens.

David Randolph

QuoteNow let's hope there's no "sell the news" phenomenon, since there was somebody buying ahead of this press release. I guess this publicity on the company's products (which are awesome in my opinion) should drive the stock up nicely. We'll see what happens today.

There was a little bit of sell the news, with GSB down 1.4% on the day. But the chart remained constructive. I don't know if the short term advance phase will continue or not, but I'll keep holding GSB for the long term.

David Randolph

Nice 3.2% advance day for GSB, even though volume was low. I feel some very positive news is looming ... I'll keep holding GSB for the long term.

David Randolph

I'm glad GSB is holding on to its recent gains, not coming back down to the $4 area again. I'm expecting positive news before the next earnings release, let's see what happens. I'll keep holding GSB for the long term.

terainvestment

today GSB moved up 13%.
whcih are your thoughts on this price increase?

David Randolph

Quote from: terainvestment on October 08, 2007, 04:20:51 PM
today GSB moved up 13%.
whcih are your thoughts on this price increase?

Hi terainvestment, you know that every trading day I comment on each and every one of the Main Portfolio's holdings, but thanks for asking anyway :)

The first thought that comes to my mind is that the chart doesn't know a damn thing about the future. Really, what did the guys selling on that mid August terrible sell off knew about GSB's fundamentals? Nothing. It is clear now it was short term technical noise.

Today's rise doesn't tell me much either, I ain't more bullish in GSB today than I was before.

Anyway, I'm sniffing positive news coming out soon ... this stock has this type of behavior, probably some employees spread the word out before the information gets to the public. Not that GSB needs positive surprises to go up, the stock is undervalued based solely on its long term fundamental trends.

The CEO said, over the latest conference call and on other investor presentations, that the company's intrinsic revenue CAGR is 60% and he expects growth to remain at that level for years to come. This is the minimum. But we can always get another Department of Defense giant order, or some business coming from the Synteras partnership, which would always be huge, considering Synteras is a $1 B private company (and GSB is just $87 M market cap).

I still believe we'll be around $8 by years end. I'm not sure what will drive us there, though, it can be so many things ... it's enough to know that GSB will rise a lot over the long term.

I'll keep holding GSB for the long term.

David Randolph

We got more volume and the highest close ever for GSB's shares. I wonder if now we'll approach the $5.9 resistance level, which is the all time high on an intraday basis (if we forget that insane day when one of you guys was able to sell the stock above $7 on an intraday spike of 1,000 shares).

In GlobalScape's CEO words, "GSB is a gem, a deeply undervalued fast growing and profitable company". As I look at www.globalscape.com and see the company's products and services, I think it is an inevitability that demand for them will grow very rapidly for many years to come, as the internet takes a more and more important role in our everyday lives. In the future, there will be a lot more people working from their homes, instead of driving back and forth between home and the office, losing 1 1/2 hours or more per working day in transportation. Working from home increases productivity, quality of life and it's good for the environment, everybody wins. And now, with help from companies like GSB, it is technologically possible.

I believe the "work from home" trend is one that will dominate the World over the next 10 years. GSB is benefiting from this trend which is just starting.

I'll continue holding GSB for the long term.