3StocksOnFire — US Stock Trading Community · 451+ trades · 257% returns · 15,000 members · Main Site · Trader's Guide · Articles · Video Analyses
3 Stocks On Fire
3StocksOnFire Community Forum
Home Message Boards Trader's Guide Articles Video Analysis About Us Search Register

News:

Welcome to 3StocksOnFire! US stock trading community (2005-2010) with 451+ documented trades and 15,000+ members. View Portfolios | Stock Articles | Quotes

Main Menu

BQI

Started by David Randolph, August 17, 2005, 08:05:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

David Randolph

QuoteIf we get a close above $1.35 today or over the coming week we get a powerful technical setup with a technical target of $1.95. That's where I'll be looking to take profits ... but first we need that close above $1.35, we'll see.

And we got it, a close above $1.35. The technical target of this breakout is $1.95, and I'll be looking to take profits on this position around that level. I wouldn't like to see CWPC.OB close again below $1.35, that would signal a false breakout has occurred.

I don't know, the volume being lower on this advance phase than on the previous one is a signal that this rise lacks some buying power ... we shall see, maybe another white marubozu on Monday with volume higher than 3.5 million shares dissipates my doubts. The updated trading plan is as follows:

1) Take profits at the technical target of the breakout: $1.95
2) Take profits if the stock closes again below $1.35 (that would mean we've had a false breakout, and that's bearish behavior)

David Randolph

Awesome chart on CWPC.OB  :o

Well, you know my plan:

QuoteThe updated trading plan is as follows:

1) Take profits at the technical target of the breakout: $1.95
2) Take profits if the stock closes again below $1.35 (that would mean we've had a false breakout, and that's bearish behavior)

Prfsr Hal

It looked like it was about to close at 1.35 today, so maybe I took your word too literally.  I sold at 1.38.  Hoping I didn't act prematurely.  Do you think the ride continues?  Shall I undo what I done and get back in?

prfsr Hal

David Randolph

Quote from: Prfsr Hal on August 30, 2005, 09:49:44 PM
It looked like it was about to close at 1.35 today, so maybe I took your word too literally.  I sold at 1.38.  Hoping I didn't act prematurely.  Do you think the ride continues?  Shall I undo what I done and get back in?

prfsr Hal

If you've sold, you've sold, I hope you've made a nice profit  ;) I already had some headaches for not following my plans until the end, so I will wait for CWPC.OB to decisively close below $1.35 to sell (or else, at the $1.95 technical target).

I would wait for the next penny pick, maybe tommorrow ... I wish you good trades prfsr Hal  :)

David Randolph

I've came now to see if I had to sell something by the close and saw the sell off CWPC.OB had and the subsequent recovery. As I see it now, the stock came down to touch the ascending trendline on the chart above and now it is ready to make an attempt at new highs.

This is why I don't usually trust intraday technical signals, only signals on close have any meaning.

I'll keep on holding CWPC.OB, hoping to sell it at the technical target of $1.95.


wrangler

Hi David
Seen where their's been some insider buying of TIDE @ .94.Do you think maybe it might be going back up.It was Director,Carl Hessel,80,000 shares .
wrangler 8)
wrangler

David Randolph

I had this plan on CWPC.OB:

Quote1) Take profits at the technical target of the breakout: $1.95
2) Take profits if the stock closes again below $1.35 (that would mean we've had a false breakout, and that's bearish behavior)

So I've sold the stock on Friday at $1.30. I don't know if I did well, since we still have an ascending trendline in place, but it's done according to what was previously planned.

Let me put this on the closed trades section, I'm sorry I took so long to do it.

David Randolph

I would leave it alone Goldmaster, the trend is bearish now.


Prfsr Hal

I've gotten back into this at 1.50 and again at 1.90.

Prfsr Hal

I'm replying to myself here, but this baby is cooking!

eagerlearner

maybe time to look at the pup again,
1. broke downward short term channel to the upside.
2. nice hammer yesterday and confirmation today
3. stochastic ticks up from oversold.
4. rise above EMA9 = 1.83
5. upper BB = 3.21 , +70% from current price at 1.88

what do u all think? anyone know if i can download annotated chart from stockcharts.com for free?
thanks all and good luck

eagerlearner


eagerlearner

dilution coming
http://biz.yahoo.com/bw/051026/265395.html?.v=1
sold at $2, gained 21% , may enter again once dust settles.
good luck all!  :)

setravis

This one is taking a nice move up today.
Moving back through the 50-dma
Volume: 3,043,237
Avg Volume (3m): 2,164,780

"Success loves to hide behind challenges.
Embrace the challenge, enjoy the journey."

Do your own DD and invest based on your DD, not mine !

Semper Fi
S.E.Travis

setravis

Has made a Breakout from this Ascending Triangle (continuation) Pattern
at the end of December.Having a nice follow through.

Support @ $2.55...2.40...2.17
Resistance @ $3.13

Volume: 2,101,151
Avg Vol (3m): 1,759,020

Technicals
MACD is Bullish
Percentage Gainer

Last Price Quote is:
19.77%above 13-day EMA
88.58%above 50-day EMA
"Success loves to hide behind challenges.
Embrace the challenge, enjoy the journey."

Do your own DD and invest based on your DD, not mine !

Semper Fi
S.E.Travis