3StocksOnFire — US Stock Trading Community · 451+ trades · 257% returns · 15,000 members · Main Site · Trader's Guide · Articles · Video Analyses
3 Stocks On Fire
3StocksOnFire Community Forum
Home Message Boards Trader's Guide Articles Video Analysis About Us Search Register

News:

Welcome to 3StocksOnFire! US stock trading community (2005-2010) with 451+ documented trades and 15,000+ members. View Portfolios | Stock Articles | Quotes

Main Menu

HEB

Started by saffeysite1, June 17, 2005, 09:52:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

calven

Careful with this one folks. Could see a correction as 3.10 resistance is touched...
StockGravity.com - The Forces that Move Stocks!
http://www.stockgravity.com

netfishmademerich

Anyone care to comment on relationship /  similarity / differences between NVAX and HEB?  Looks like HEB is ready and starting to do what NVAX has started a week ago.

ScottishTrader

#92
Well I was certainly wrong on my last post ;D  What a day!!!  The 3SOF leaderboard looks beautiful, and very nice to see our first double on the main board in a while - even our hallowed VPHM didn't get there (well at least not while David traded it).

As far as HEB is concerned, I am genuinely hoping that this was just a taste of what's to come - the AH board is currently showing 3.25, which would be very nice if it held, but I would watch for a pullback tomorrow, at least to fill that gap if it still exists in the morning - then again, it could just be following NVAX's coat-tails and blow up from there - have a look at what HEB did last time it broke 3.00  ;). 

As far as upcoming resistance levels, I would keep a close eye  out for 3.00, 3.25-3.27, 375-3.80 and 4.20, at least as far as I can tell from the chart.  The action at 3.00 was heavy - I saw quite a few 10,000+ blocks going through in short succession, looked like someone was trying to keep it down there, and succeeded during market hours at least.

Here's looking forward to tomorrow  ;D ;D ;D  (just keep a little eye out for that pull back, or keep your stops rolling....)

David Randolph

Thanks for your analysis ScottishTrader  :) (I think the after hours close was $2.96, so no gap up, which is good for bullish continuation)

Quote from: David Randolph on October 23, 2005, 09:11:16 PM
I wasn't expecting Friday's break on HEB, I must confess. But I know from my past experience trading HEB that it is an hard stock to trade (stocks have personality too), giving false short term technical signals.

So I can't trust minor technical developments for hold/sell decisions on HEB (I already did that mistake once). I need to give the stock a little more room to operate.

I was right in giving some more room to HEB. Yesterday's breakout was certainly a legit one. I see price, momentum and volume rising. Anyone selling a stock with a technical pattern like this, although maybe be right on a particular occasion, doesn't have much experience trading and will not achieve superior results.

Close your eyes and hold is the name of the game with these Bird Flu plays. The speculation just began, and you know what pure speculation can do to a stock - it may rise several fold and then fall back again to prior levels, not a problem, I've seen it many many times and will surely see it again.

I hope my profits grow on HEB. I can't sell now or soon I would be out of job  ;D

la-onda

news update:

Ampligen(R) Studies on Combinational Treatments Against Avian Influenza are Extended
Wednesday October 26, 10:22 am ET
Tamiflu Resistant Strains are Reported in Asia

PHILADELPHIA--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Oct. 26, 2005--Hemispherx Biopharma, Inc. (AMEX: HEB - News) has extended a preclinical report conducted by research affiliates of the National Institutes of Health at Utah State University to examine potential therapeutic synergies with more than 10 different drug combinations. The ongoing research is comparing the relative protection conveyed by Tamiflu (oseltamivir, Roche) and Ampligen® (dsRNA, Hemispherx), alone and in combination, against the avian flu virus (H5N1).

True therapeutic synergy is defined by mathematical equations which indicate that the therapeutic effect observed is in fact greater than the expected arithmetic sum of the two drugs working independently, and is referred to by pharmacologists as the "Chou/Talalay" equations developed at Johns Hopkins University. True therapeutic synergy has now been observed in the interaction between Ampligen® and Tamiflu in the inhibition of the Avian influenza virus.

Hemispherx recently reported new data on preclinical studies on double-stranded RNA (dsRNA), including Ampligen®, one of its flagship experimental immunomodulators. These studies suggest a new, and potentially pivotal, role of dsRNA therapeutics in improving the efficacy of the present standards of care in both influenza prevention and treatment of acute disease.

The studies are attracting growing attention with the persistence of H5N1 avian influenza viruses in many Asian countries and their ability to cause fatal infections in humans. Concerns throughout the Region have risen with the discovery of a Tamiflu resistant strain of the virus. NATURE (14 October 2005), a respected science journal, reported that on February 27, 2005 an H5N1 influenza virus, A/Hanoi/30408/2005, was isolated from a 14 year old Vietnamese girl (patient 1) who had received a prophylactic dose of Tamiflu (oseltamivir). Although further investigation is needed, analysis of the isolated virus revealed two disturbing possibilities; that the virus could have been transmitted to the girl from her brother and that the virus was developing a resistance to Tamiflu. Although the findings were based on a single patient, the authors, in their conclusion, recommend the stockpiling of alternatives to Tamiflu. Hemispherx's Ampligen® is emerging as one of the more promising experimental alternatives.

In antimicrobial (antibacterial) therapy, which is the best studied clinical model, synergistic drug combinations may result in curative conditions/outcomes, often not observed when the single drugs are given alone. In the case of avian influenza where global drug supplies are presumptively in very limited supply relative to potential needs, therapeutic synergistic combinations could not only affect the disease outcome, but also the number of individuals able to access therapies. Cell destruction was measured in vitro using different drug combinations.

At present, a narrow window of opportunity (approximately 48 hours) exists for effective utilization of Tamiflu after exposure to influenza. By providing a new mechanism of inhibition of avian flu, (i.e. immunologic/host defensive immune cascades), Ampligen®, an experimental immunotherapeutic, may also afford a new time interval to help combat the influenza virus.

Recently, double-stranded RNA (dsRNA), such as Ampligen®, are also specific inducers of broad-spectrum antiviral/immune response. As noted in the Company's announcement of September 6, 2005, Japanese researchers have also found that dsRNAs increase the effectiveness of influenza vaccine by more than 300% and may also convey "cross-protection ability against variant viruses" (mutated strains of influenza virus).

Hemispherx Biopharma recently disclosed they entered into a collaboration with HollisterStier Laboratories of Spokane, Washington, for the contract manufacturing of Hemispherx's experimental drug, Ampligen®. The achievement of the initial objectives, in combination with the Polymer production facility under construction in New Brunswick, N.J., will enable Hemispherx to significantly increase production capacity.

Ampligen® also recently completed Phase III testing in the chronic disease, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (CFS).

http://biz.yahoo.com/bw/051026/265664.html?.v=1&printer=1

David Randolph

Thanks for posting the news la-onda.

HEB probably won't stop south of $5. HOLD.

REALDEALS21

Today is a good day to pick up some shares under $3  ;D

David Randolph

Ouch, that was not a pretty candlestick. But HEB won't just spike up and die, bulls die hard and the news will keep on fueling the speculation. We have strong support in this area and below to the last local high of $2.75.

It's a bumpy road, but an ascending one. I want to keep this stock some more time.

REALDEALS21

I think today is a good day to accumulate shares for next week !

David Randolph

I'll sell HEB today to partially compensate for the loss in SVA. Also at first glance I didn't like a 10-Q they issued after the close on Friday, saying that their debt maturity will be extended and the interest rate paid will rise from 6 to 7%.

This tell me the company has short term liquidity problems.

I'll sell HEB at the open without a doubt.

REALDEALS21

Anybody still in HEB ?? What you guys think of it ?? ???

REALDEALS21

Nice gap up today !! Right now its @3 on my screen in pre market. ;D :P

ScottishTrader

And this is why - nice :)

8:34AM Hemispherx Biopharma: further data shows its Ampligen drug effective against bird flu (HEB) 2.70 :Co announces that the NIH-supported independent study at the Utah State University has recently completed research that shows Ampligen, a Hemispherx experimental immunomodulator, demonstrates strong therapeutic synergy with Relenza (Zanamivir) on an influenza H5N1 infection. Co says "This combination may permit the use of lower dosages and fewer injections of the antivirals and vaccines used to combat avian flu, thereby decreasing the cost of both immunization programs and treatment programs for the full-blown disease."

REALDEALS21

Thats pretty good news, this 1 is a keeper ! :D

REALDEALS21

HEB is still trading sideways now, as long as it is not plunging down, everything is good ! ;D