3StocksOnFire — US Stock Trading Community · 451+ trades · 257% returns · 15,000 members · Main Site · Trader's Guide · Articles · Video Analyses
3 Stocks On Fire
3StocksOnFire Community Forum
Home Message Boards Trader's Guide Articles Video Analysis About Us Search Register

News:

Welcome to 3StocksOnFire! US stock trading community (2005-2010) with 451+ documented trades and 15,000+ members. View Portfolios | Stock Articles | Quotes

Main Menu

NVAX - Sector: Healthcare --- Industry: Biotechnology & Drugs

Started by fill_the_gap, August 25, 2005, 08:44:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dhiraj19

I am in at 3.86.. I cant believe that as soon as 3.85 support was broken there was no trading between 3.6 - 3.8....

>:D


basonista

SVA did the same thing - $5.80 immediately to $5.55.  Unfortunately, I'm in a lot higher than that :(

finagler

Huge volume on drop to 3.37.  Lots of stops hit the chopping block!  Weak hands flew the coop.  Volume much lower on rebound.  Dont be chicken, Hop back in.  Hope I dont get plucked!

LiveLife

Good morning!

Last night, I reviewed my list of stocks and did a lot of thinking.  Since I am back in "full" swing trader mode, for short-term swing trading, I narrowed down my three choices to NVAX, HEB and SVA (stocks that experienced the most amount of loss recently for maximum rebound gains).

With still bearish market trends in the near future, I decided to convert to cash this morning while I waited for a good entry point.

As anticipated, the NVAX selloff continued from last two days.  With NVAX having gone from $6 to $3.50, I decided that NVAX had the most to rebound for swing trade.

I bought 12,000 shares at $3.47 and will be setting my next sell target.

Good to be back in NVAX and Good trading!   :D
Give a man a fish, you feed him for a day - Teach a man to fish, you feed him for life.

joet

Howdie
Why do you see the support here?  I saw it at the 4.10 last hoy... got back in with some at 4.3 and 4.0  another BAGHOLDER!
Institutions are still buying.  cheers joe

defenderyou

Normally post on members board, but given that I met some of you on the NVAX Yahoo Board just wantd to say that I stoped out at 3.60 but reentred at 3.43 and took short-term profits at 3.65, on the last brekdown below 3.70. I know David said willhold NVAX if it closes above 3.70, which it may or may not, so am looking toget back in either higher or lower. But I still hold lots of  long-term shares half of which were bought in high 2s and in the rest in the 4s. Actually I have probaly lost money overall so am feeling pretty stupid, but I think those that re-entered in the 3.40s did well; I just did not have the perseverance to run with 35k shares all the way down again to 3.30s and lower. FEAR I guess. Still have 20k shares core but am trading 15k as well.

Any opinions on SVA - as the brekdwon below 5.55-5.60 is pretty unnerving. Sure looks liek the whoel flu thing is unraveling - what I cant tell is if its just temporary or not. The frop on SVA was one big dump!

puenthouse

Do we go with NUTS or daves plan???? decisions decisions.....   IT was only a 2 weeks ago that NVAX went under 2 and everyone sold out regreting it.  The ride is not over.  what do you guys think.  I bought in more with small amounts in order to allow me to buy more at either lower amounts or watch my loss turn into gaines.
Learning from every trade.

brandyjoco

I don't know what to do either. So I sold half at 3.66

I really do think people will be jumping in next week looking for a bargain - but that is gut feeling.
Brandyjoco

kpunarc

Crap...I always buy at the wrong time. I bought 1000 @ 3.87 earlier. I'm not doing to hot right now. Any advice?
"October is one of the peculiarly dangerous months to speculate in stocks. The others are July, January, September, April, November, May, March, June, December, August and February."
- Mark Twain

brandyjoco

I really think next week NVAX will go up because everyone wants a bargain.  I still have a large holding.
Brandyjoco

la-onda

Quote from: LiveLife on October 28, 2005, 11:47:43 AM
Good morning!

Last night, I reviewed my list of stocks and did a lot of thinking.  Since I am back in "full" swing trader mode, for short-term swing trading, I narrowed down my three choices to NVAX, HEB and SVA (stocks that experienced the most amount of loss recently for maximum rebound gains).

With still bearish market trends in the near future, I decided to convert to cash this morning while I waited for a good entry point.

As anticipated, the NVAX selloff continued from last two days.  With NVAX having gone from $6 to $3.50, I decided that NVAX had the most to rebound for swing trade.

I bought 12,000 shares at $3.47 and will be setting my next sell target.

Good to be back in NVAX and Good trading!   :D


good trading LiveLife, I have to applaud !
I have sold NVAX based on Davids analysis.
It hurts to see that my profit is just 37% instead of 110%  :'( :-\ :-[

I have to redefine my trading rules  8)

gri64

I sold at 3.74 by Stop LMT all my NVAX today, with only 22% profit instead of 100%  :(
Once more I lost a big profit - it became my tradition. It's one of my most stupid trades - in any case, 50% of profit I must take from the table... Hi traders, who knows, how to become a "Disciplined Trader" ???
I've learnt in this site "Diversification" - thanks a lot - it's a very good thing, but not enough for me. To catch right time for selling - it's a success key and my biggest problem.

So, I have to redesign my trading rules:
1. I'm going to set a different maximum loss for regular (10%) and for penny stocks (25%).
2. Forbidden to trade without Stop LMT or Trailing Stop (in case of wild and fast rally)
3. Minimum 50% of profit have to be taken if profit was more than 30% of initial position and stock is falling.
4. Forbidden to triple standard position.

All simple, nothing new, but how hard to stick to the rules ........   :-\
---------
I'll see to NVAX next week. Maybe I'll buy back at the support 3.25.

Good weekend for all  :)

high sea

Quote from: kpunarc on October 28, 2005, 03:36:55 PM
Crap...I always buy at the wrong time. I bought 1000 @ 3.87 earlier. I'm not doing to hot right now. Any advice?

Don't worry..
3 days Bull, 3 days Bear pattern, today is the end of bear trend. Will go up from here.

Be patient.

Good luck.

[D] Investor

#373
Looks like NVAX is taking the "Worse" case scenario I had anticipated. I sold off all my NVAX position early this morning at $3.88 for a modest 70% gain after it dipped below my stop loss at $3.85. I was in since $2.28. I do not see any clear support for NVAX at this moment, so it will most likely fall some more. Now I will wait for NVAX to drop to around $3, where it should find some support from the T1 uptrend before thinking about entering again.

Longs, don't give up. Do your DD. NVAX is still a hot stock! My [2] Cents.

Stocky2000

why sell today? i always see a good entry is when a stock retraces 50 %. So from 6 dollar that would be 3....so i am in 3.72. Fundamentals are great...Bird flu wil come...hottest topic the next months maybe years...be happy with everything around 3 and 4 dollar...huge profit follow.  ;D
i missed the first run....now i sleep better just owning it....yeah..