3StocksOnFire — US Stock Trading Community · 451+ trades · 257% returns · 15,000 members · Main Site · Trader's Guide · Articles · Video Analyses
3 Stocks On Fire
3StocksOnFire Community Forum
Home Message Boards Trader's Guide Articles Video Analysis About Us Search Register

BRVO.OB

Started by David Randolph, May 30, 2005, 08:01:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nberski

I rode to town today -

I asked for a slammer at Babe Yocoms feed store gas station barbershop and world discount center - Babe tried to sell me a new hammer.

I told him about it and he said he would talk to Mr. Hetz - the dairy man - but I said - NO -  talk to the coke man - Babe said the coke guy got busted -  I said  - NO -

I have a good stand of BRVO but may buy some more of the stock - I am selling chickens over the weekend - free range chickens are up - city slickers want them - but they are hard to catch.   Effie and I need to catch them before they all get eaten by preditors coons and such.

Effie don't want to sell her favorite chickens but she knows they stopped laying and

BRVO is a buy.

David you done good -  Did I tell you Babe Yocom used to be my broker.  We woiuld stand around drinking quarts and invest in things.

Your other cousin Jethro
Your other cousin,
Jethro

boatguy

Nberski, What are you putting in those slammers!!

Now you can get Granny some teeth. ;D

puenthouse

#812
awhile back the ceo told me in not so obvious of a way that i should buy.  Now all CEOs will say that right, wrong.  after telling him that i am in iraq, and stocks were the only thing keeping me sain, he let me in on a little secret (not really just a pep talk).  I dont know what will come out of this CC, but if you guys were not gobbeling it up at .50 when i told you guys to, then next time, if there is a next time, please do.  Its better when we are all fat and happy!!!

The CEO does really sound sincere.  I will follow him.  at least more the 3.33 %  but anything can happen so no more then 25%.  but i knew it was a sure thing at .50.  still nerve racking to have all that money in there.  i promised myslef i would sell lots when it went back to .72- but it shot right past it.  so ...... BRVO is what i call a bank stock.  im just putting money in the safe secure bank.  I am an investor on this one, not a trader.  (this and qbid lol :'(   )
Learning from every trade.

Terliso

Don't worry penthouse... pretty soon there will be slammers in Iraq.. go get them sergeant, i'm sure you get a lot of action there ;)

don

David: revisiting your investment strategy, for BRVO.
Initially, you traded and made profits. You reinvested and changed strategy to holding for long term. You have total % of portfolio limits. You have reached your limit, for BRVO.
Questions:
1. Do your own rules preclude you from trading BRVO, even if you see opportunity?
2. Even if you do not trade this stock again,, will you post your opinion for those of us whose strategy includes holding a core for investment and trading some in addition?
I see continued volatility as BRVO continues to be discovered.
thanks! Don.

netfishmademerich

Got this in the mail.  $0.75 each when you buy 2 at current Safeway prices with this coupon.  Whoppie!!

David Randolph

Thanks for all the great messages on this BRVO.OB thread, which promises to continue for a long period of time on the 3 Stocks on Fire message board.

Quote from: don on November 11, 2005, 12:42:08 AM
David: revisiting your investment strategy, for BRVO.
Initially, you traded and made profits. You reinvested and changed strategy to holding for long term. You have total % of portfolio limits. You have reached your limit, for BRVO.
Questions:
1. Do your own rules preclude you from trading BRVO, even if you see opportunity?
2. Even if you do not trade this stock again,, will you post your opinion for those of us whose strategy includes holding a core for investment and trading some in addition?
I see continued volatility as BRVO continues to be discovered.
thanks! Don.

I'll answer your questions, but first let me say that when I write «Hold» it means that I already bought the stock and that I will continue to hold. I could never say «Buy» if I already bought, because of money management rules. I don't average down and I don't average up. I just put a fixed percentage of capital in each stock (6.66%), in a way that I need to own several stocks (in the case of the 3 Stocks on Fire Portfolio, 15 stocks) to be full invested.

Considering your questions:

Quote1. Do your own rules preclude you from trading BRVO, even if you see opportunity?

No, they don't. But I believe now the company is in a better position than it was when it made its high at $1.425 on the 14th of July, 2005. So I'm not considering taking profits, even from a trading perspective, below this level. Of course, this opinion can change, otherwise the daily updates would be of no use.

Quote2. Even if you do not trade this stock again,, will you post your opinion for those of us whose strategy includes holding a core for investment and trading some in addition?

Yes, I will.

Now to BRVO.OB's analysis:

The stock closed the gap it left open yesterday and then had a minor pullback. Volume is growing, and that's always a good thing, clearly people are getting interested on this penny stock. Earnings will be out on Monday after the closing bell, and all eyes will be on forward looking statements.

If we know Roy Warren he won't lose this opportunity to talk loud about BRVO's future. fill_the_gap says revenues are expected to come in at $4M. That would still represent a 63% sequential revenue growth from the second quarter, which is great ! (still without CCE involved)

The company won't show a profit, but I think all eyes will be on the future, not on the present situation. And the future for BRVO is bright, no doubt about that.

Maybe there will be some profit taking, some sell the news after the conference call, specially if the stock gaps higher at the open on Tuesday.

But I won't consider the short term fluctuations, let me tell you why, by topics:

1. I think it is a sure thing we'll see prices above $1.42 for the medium term, possibly over the next 3 months.
2. I could lose my position, and that's terrible, because:
2.1. I believe in the long term story and fundamentals of this company, and if I sold and it continued to rise, I would certainly buy at an higher price than I sold.
2.2. I would be in a weaker position then, because after buying high again there could be a correction and then I would be losing on that trade, instead of winning with my initial trade. A trader is always more confortable when he's winning (even if less than before) than when he's losing.
2.3. I'm not just a lonesome trader. I also have responsability for the 3 SOF Portfolio management, and it would be impossible for many traders to trade in and out of this penny stock, most of them would lose their positions (I would lose my position too).
3. It is more important to learn from past mistakes and correct them than to win on this or another trade. From past mistakes I know it would be a mistake to trade in and out of BRVO.OB.

Considering all the above, my business with BRVO.OB is to hold the stock for a large gain, not trading for peanuts. I've never known so much about the fundamentals of a company as I do from BRVO.OB, and I want to let the market give me a lot of money for my efforts on this 55 pages thread.

Good luck to all holding !

echo

Nberski,

Something is really, really wrong with you ??? ;D

But you own Bravo so I guess its all good.

Hold on to your pants kiddies for the ride next week after earnings!!!!
There's always a bull market somewhere and I promise to bla bla bla bla........

patriotmp

  David,

    I was curious if and when CCE decides to exericse the option to own 51% of the company at .36 a share, what kind of impact is that going to have on the PPS. I would think the first market reaction would be negative. With a lot of companies that would be like a dark cloud always hovering over even when things are good.  I would like to know your thoughts on the possiblity. Thanks.  

David Randolph

QuoteI was curious if and when CCE decides to exericse the option to own 51% of the company at .36 a share, what kind of impact is that going to have on the PPS.

That's not a possibility. CCE exercized its option to buy 30,000,000 shares of BRVO.OB at $0.36 a share, representing 18.65% of the company (a $10.8M investment CCE made in BRVO.OB). It has no more options to buy anymore shares from BRVO.

Perhaps you've missed this: Bravo! Foods International Modifies Proposed Transaction With Coca-Cola Enterprises Inc.

Lucas Scott

Sold the shares I bought Wednesday at .665 for .765. Back to just my core position. Why sell? 1. Gap was filled yesterday, 2. RSI at .70 (see what happened last time RSI hit .70), 3. My general disposition to take some profits before earnings releases

GO IN THAT HOUSE OF PAIN THAT YOU SEEM TO WANT TO BE IN, BUT GET AWAY FROM ME.  I'M TRYING TO WORK, DAMMIT.

KCScott

I also liquidated my 30,000 shares yesterday at .76

My thinking is that since IR shared those numbers via phone it is already common knowledge among many traders and the shares are priced accordingly.

The lack of breakout momentum past .78 yesterday, and so far today, would seem to confirm this logic.

I believe there will be a sell off after the information becomes public knowledge on Monday and will look to take another position at that time.

Those that think money can't buy happiness, don't know where to shop

snowcat

It is great that you are taking a profit!

On the other hand, the stock may be priced properly based on IR's numbers, however, lofty projections for the next quarter, talk of upcoming profits and the progress with CCE could make this move significantly.

B4 earnings, I always ask myself if this company can offer something better than it did this last quarter to make the stock go up.  Bravo continues to come up with new innovations - NASCAR, Breakfast Blenders, Road Shows.....and I have a feeling it will have a good announcement.

If I sell now, after taxes, the gain will not be that great.  A .20 drop will have little impact in the long run and this is a long hold.  I think this stock with its strong pr can push itself to a dollar by year's end.  I have confidence in the management and will not worry about fluctuation right now.


echo

I agree 100% with snowcats assesment.
I usually don't "get married" to any one stock, and I'll sell on profits, but i just don't think its time to sell BRVO. There's too much upside to this company and the stock has a way to go up still,

jmo, of course.
There's always a bull market somewhere and I promise to bla bla bla bla........

puenthouse

#824
So we agree to disagree. 

HEck  i did not even think about taxes$$$$$ hold this baby for a year and get the tax cut. just 6 more months lol ;D
Learning from every trade.