3StocksOnFire — US Stock Trading Community · 451+ trades · 257% returns · 15,000 members · Main Site · Trader's Guide · Articles · Video Analyses
3 Stocks On Fire
3StocksOnFire Community Forum
Home Message Boards Trader's Guide Articles Video Analysis About Us Search Register

MOMO NEWS/Whatever

Started by runforthedoor, November 03, 2005, 07:06:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

runforthedoor


  one stock..It's been getting pumped everywhere the last several days, so there's alot of momo people in it...I was actually surprised it was so strong all day yesterday....what you said could be a factor...or it could just have been that some decided to take some profits and started a little avalanche among momo traders...it has started to bounce back, and wouldn't surprise me if it makes a late day run. Bird flu is BIG momo nausea. ;D

OneStockMind

I agree run.
I was up 20% today (bought yesterday at close ) but decided to wait and see if it starts going south.. I thought it will go slowly down like it is slowly climbing up but man it just dropped.
Scary but I'm still in and I think profit/loss ratio here is really good considering their recent PR.

runforthedoor

 Here's three making moves today...w/volume

WAVR...up 40%

MSEP....up 56%...has been a bit higher

AGDG...a gold stock...up 45%...has been higher

Not sure what's behind the moves but might be worth checking out. ;D

OneStockMind

OK, this is it!!!
Since you cannot set stop loss on OTC stocks on Ameritrade I spent the whole day watching STTK action and towards the end I entered a sell order when it came down to my buying price to protect myself from a loss.
I entered a limit order and got "Server unavailable. Please try again". After a couple of tried I realized it doesn't work and by that time the stock went down 10%!

I'm writing an email to Ameritrade customer service since this happened before and I lost money because of them.

Kublakhan

Quote from: OneStockMind on November 22, 2005, 04:13:33 PM
OK, this is it!!!
Since you cannot set stop loss on OTC stocks on Ameritrade I spent the whole day watching STTK action and towards the end I entered a sell order when it came down to my buying price to protect myself from a loss.
I entered a limit order and got "Server unavailable. Please try again". After a couple of tried I realized it doesn't work and by that time the stock went down 10%!

I'm writing an email to Ameritrade customer service since this happened before and I lost money because of them.

I had an order in to sell at .60 and it never got filled.  Please let there be a bump tomorrow to minimize our losses.

OneStockMind

#215
I'm getting angry with Ameritrade. I got an answer about their servers availability and I was told if the servers are down I can call a representative "who will be glad to help me".

So how does that work for MOMO trades where you have 10 seconds or less to get out when things start moving!?

I feel STTK will be manipulated in the next trading session and shake off (scare off) MOMO traders. Last trade in after-hours is @ .7284.

P.S. GLIF is sliding down every day and no signs of stopping. I'm still in and will be since I expect them to come out with some news but I don't think it will be any time soon. Wonder how low should I let it go..

runforthedoor


  The 'server down' prblem/etc is common w/online brokers...I think they get overloaded at times. It used to be alot worse years ago...I lost K's one morning w/Etrade on some options. I put an order in to sell just before open and it told me the symbol was not valid...thought maybe I made a mistake...but after carefully trying about 10 more times w/the same result, I was certain they had a problem....tried to call but the phone lines were tied up. I filed a complaint w/them but they refused to believe me or reconcile my losses. Well, I left about .15 in that account and let them deal with it...took them at least 5 or 6 years to close it. But they all have problems from time to time...and often when you need a quick trade it seems. STTK may take off again...I can't believe it fell to .60...these pennies that are up can fall fast sometimes near the close. GLIF fell all the way back to .015 I believe before it started the current run up...I bought at .016 the day before it took off. It is on the short list, if that means anything...and they did issue some shares to someone for financing I think...and they may be diluting. But if some more contract news comes out, it should take off again. ;D

runforthedoor


  BTW, I've lurked at stockhideout a few times and seen some people from here are over there also. Anyone want to give me an opinion on that site...what or who is good to watch over there?  ;D

handyman

hey run,
            i read you where from central ohio. me to :)was wondering from what town?me heath newark area. enjoy your post. i do alot of reading and not much posting.i dont think i have much to saycompared to the knowledge i read .good luck with your trading. trying to pick up some more glif at this level. ;D
                                      good trading
                                               handyman :)

runforthedoor


  I'm from Marion.  ;D I live in Prospect today. ;D My sister lives just outside Hebron, and an old school mate/friend lives next to her and owns the dairy queen in Hebron. Small world handyman. ;D GLIF may be nearing bottom...needs some contract news...shorts or dilution or some of both seem to drive it down between news announcements as soon as the momo dies. Good to hear from a fellow Buckeye....GO BUCKS!!!!!! ;) ;D

OneStockMind

What is going on with GLIF? + 27%..

mezz

trendline break here sometimes this starts an extended momentum run like UPDA's last move

supergeek

I'll tell you why, its because i got scared and ran. sold out at 60% loss only to watch it climb 27% since then. F me. thats the third time i did that this month. If you're all lucky i might sell my eyii, then it might hit $1/share. Oh well, my kids dont need college anyway, especially if they got the brains from my side.
Happy Turkey Day
Bob

Curret Holdings: CRAP, SHIT, POO

OneStockMind

I learned one thing about these MOMO stocks.
If a run is based purely on speculation/momentum and has no fundamental base behind then it will shoot up, go down and stay there.
If you have a company that has good fundamentals then momentum takes price to a higher level then it normally should be. The price comes down and then goes back up later.
I have a couple of those and waiting for the price to go back up and some more.
The key here is patience.

gmarc66

BLRV  just put this out...is it good to buy at .53 now? Any advice much appreciated...pps is sitting at .53 right now.



2005-11-23 15:00:02 
Bullion River Gold Corp. Announces Completion of Financing to Get to Production 


RENO, Nev.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Nov. 23, 2005--
Bullion River Gold Corp. (OTCBB:BLRV) announces the
closing of a $3,500,000.00 non-brokered Private Placement. The
Company issues 7,000,000 Units at a price of $0.50 per Unit. Each
Unit consists of one share of common stock and a warrant to purchase
an additional share of common stock at a price of $0.75. The warrants
have a term of 24 months.

Peter M. Kuhn, President of Bullion River Gold Corp. states: "Our
goal with this financing was to raise sufficient funds to execute the
test mining on our French Gulch property, and with satisfactory
results from the test mining, to take it right into production. We
have continued to develop and keep relationships strong with our
investor partners which enabled us to complete this financing, so
that we can quickly move toward production."

About Bullion River Gold Corp.: Bullion River Gold Corp. is an
American based mineral exploration company focusing on regions
containing gold-silver deposits predominantly located in the Western
United States. The company presently has seven properties of which
five are located in Nevada. Three of these properties are considered
advanced projects and two are considered grassroots projects. The two
remaining properties are in California. Both of these properties are
past producers.

For more information, contact Leann Pinguelo, Investor Relations
at Bullion River Gold Corp. at (800) 540-BLRV (2578) or at
[email protected] or visit the Company's website at
www.bullionriver.com or the U.S. Securities & Exchange Commission's
website at www.sec.gov/ to review Bullion River's latest filings.