3StocksOnFire — US Stock Trading Community · 451+ trades · 257% returns · 15,000 members · Main Site · Trader's Guide · Articles · Video Analyses
3 Stocks On Fire
3StocksOnFire Community Forum
Home Message Boards Trader's Guide Articles Video Analysis About Us Search Register

News:

Welcome to 3StocksOnFire! US stock trading community (2005-2010) with 451+ documented trades and 15,000+ members. View Portfolios | Stock Articles | Quotes

Main Menu

NVAX - Sector: Healthcare --- Industry: Biotechnology & Drugs

Started by fill_the_gap, August 25, 2005, 08:44:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

REALDEALS21

Nice bounce off MA 50 for NVAX !! Up .20 now ! ;D

bjc

NVAX appears to be off to the races..

currently bid 3.30: ask: 3.31

gielda2003

NVAX rebounded as expected  :).  Tomorrow the uptrend shell continue.
It could go up and touch ~$4 (next resistance). All IMHO.

GLTA,

Gielda

David Randolph

I'm buying back NVAX today. It is way too much volume for the stock to just lay down and die.

I think specific theme stocks will be back in play soon.

I will buy back the whole Bird Flu Group that I held a couple of months ago: NVAX, AVII and HEB. I don't want to miss the runner, so I'll buy the 3 of them.

la-onda

additional information:
NVAX: Short Interest UP 139.4% to 6.0M in Nov 2005

Friday , November 25, 2005 13:19 ET

According to new short interest data from NASDAQ, short interest for Novavax, Inc. (NasdaqNM: NVAX) INCREASED 139.4% to 5,950,643 shares for the month ended mid-November, 2005.

SYMBOL      OCTOBER        NOVEMBER          CHANGE       %CHANGE    DAYS/COVER
--------   -------------   -------------   -------------  ------------  ----------
NVAX           2,485,929       5,950,643      +3,464,714      +139.37%           1
Based on NVAX's 20-day average daily share volume of 12,666,680, it would require approximately 1 day(s) of buying to cover this short interest.


shawFund

Hi, David:

  I bought it yesterday on its break-out.

  I am going to make another 75% total return this year.

  The biggest loss for me this year is EYII.OB (I lost 70% in $0.1, out $0.03!!!!)

There is one month left and the market will have another run in December after one week of rest.

LiveLife

#726
Good morning!

Repost from swing trading board: (8th post from top)

http://www.3stocksonfire.org/trading/index.php?topic=3635.165

Hi Doyle, I not sure if that news would be sufficient to push CBMX price up.  You may want to consider NVAX (BTW, David Randolph is buying back NVAX after yesterday's gains) instead of CBMX.  NVAX dropped from $6 to $3 recently and I have been waiting for a rebound since.  I have bought NVAX several times in the past two weeks, only to sell because the "true" rebound activity was not evident.

Yesterday, it  went from $3 to $3.27 (see chart) with volume support.  Also, it appears Institutional/Money Managers continued to accumulate NVAX during the past month as NVAX dropped with little selling (see Lycos I-watch chart),and I may buy back NVAX to swing trade.

http://thomson.finance.lycos.com/lycos/iwatch/cgi-bin/iw_ticker?t=NVAX&range=30&mgp=0&x=22&y=12&i=3&hdate=

As to GZFX, yesterday's CEO conference call with wallst.net is great news!  25% subscription increase only since November 1st is very timely positive announcement that a lot of GZFX holders have known and was waiting to hear announced publicly from GameZnFlix.

Both Berlin and Frankfurt markets sustained GameZnFlix's 12% gain today despite the fact that European markets are mostly down today (see charts) and this may indicate US market performance for GZFX today.  I will be watching both GZFX and NVAX very closely at market open.

Good trading!
Give a man a fish, you feed him for a day - Teach a man to fish, you feed him for life.

tokyopua

#727
Looks like MACD about to go positive:

http://stockcharts.com/def/servlet/SC.web?c=NVAX,uu[h,a]dacayyay[pd20,2!b50][vc6 0][iUa12,26,9!Lk14]&pref=G

And we have a confirmed bullish engulfing pattern:

http://www.candlesticker.com/Cs62.asp

Though its only an indicator of institutional interest, there were also strong buy signs today:

http://thomson.finance.lycos.com/lycos/iwatch/cgi-bin/iw_ticker?ticker=nvax

In fact, its been like that all month, it would appear the stock is under accumulation

http://thomson.finance.lycos.com/lycos/iwatch/cgi-bin/iw_ticker?t=NVAX&range=30&mgp=0&i=3&hdate=&x=13&y=14

Of the three bird flu stocks in the portfolio today, NVAX would seem to have the most potential, and if you substitute HEB and AVII them above they seem to draw no institutional interest.  Of course, I bought all of them, so I hope they all do well  :D

Chance favors the prepared mind

Terliso

I am with you guys @ 3.42 a little bit late ;)

David Randolph

Thanks for your inputs  :)

Don't you just love these fast moving stocks? I bought yesterday and I already have a 3.89% profit. That's something I can work with.

This trade on NVAX is so speculative that I have to obey simple rules. For a start, I won't let a profit turn into a loss, which means that if the stock prints my buying price, which was $3.34, I'm out.

Now, exiting with a profit ... that's not something to consider at this stage, I should and I will hope for my profit to continue growing.

This way I have limited risk and unlimited profit potential. That's the way it should always be ...

shawFund

#730
Among all bird-flu related companies,

I only put money in NVAX and made day trading on BCRX few times per day (yesterday and today). I entered position for BCRX yesterday after open because the good news from BCRX.
They got ROCHE investment money.

IN CHINA' ALMOST ALL THE VACCINE SHOTS used ROCHE's vaccine.
I spent about 100 yuan and took a shot last month using ROCHE's vaccine (flu vaccine) also.

Most of my money is in semi stocks now: ATML, ACLS, SWKS, RFMD, ONNN, SSTI, PXLW, LEXR, just name a few.

bjc

NVAX's bounce off the 50 ma went well, and I'm wondering if I should take some profits.  The last time I asked myself this, it turned out I should've indeed sold at that point. 

But, for some reason I have a good feeling NVAX will push it's way through 4.  If it can, I see a +15-20% day. 

I'm a little bit concerned about the volume drying up on the 3rd day of this rally, but I'll continue to hold. 

Currently NVAX sits at bid 3.70     ask 3.71

gielda2003

IMHO, some profit taking will be at ~$4. It's the next resistance and It's a quick 30%. But I think it will be a quick and small one. If we break $4  we will challenge new highs very soon.

GLTA Longs,

Gielda

D&Data

Don't forget that CBMX works in corelation with NVAX to find the vaccine...

NEWS 4 CBMX--->CombiMatrix Enters into Distribution Agreement with Singapore-Based Cell Sciences


David Randolph

I went back looking for the reasons that lead me to buy back these biotech stocks in the first place. IT was the fact that probably the bull run in the general market is coming to an end (not yet, possibly the SPX has some more 15 to 20 points of upside) and these plays did well when the general market was down a couple of months ago.

Now, the general market was up strongly yesterday and the 3 «defensive» stocks that I hold were up even more than the general market. I call that relative strength and it tells me the view of the future from the smart money.

There has been some insider buying of NVAX when the stock was down to the 61.8% Fibonacci retracement level. I have an hard time analyzing biotech companies fundamentals (because generally they are not based in revenues and profits, but on product development stages and others, I still have to study that - remember, all my life I've been primarily a futures trader, not a stock trader). Due to this, I should trust my general market overview and technical analysis of individual stocks.

My general market overview tells me these 3 stocks advance has just started, it still has a long way to go. Technically we've had a 3rd consecutive white candle and a higher low on the chart. Will we get an higher high, above $3.94? We'll see, I hope so.

My trading plan for today on NVAX remains the same, I won't lose on this trade, so I'll put a stop loss order at my buying price, which was $3.34 and will let the profits run.