3StocksOnFire — US Stock Trading Community · 451+ trades · 257% returns · 15,000 members · Main Site · Trader's Guide · Articles · Video Analyses
3 Stocks On Fire
3StocksOnFire Community Forum
Home Message Boards Trader's Guide Articles Video Analysis About Us Search Register

XING

Started by David Randolph, November 30, 2005, 04:33:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ramsburg

Quote from: mexirafa on April 06, 2006, 10:44:21 AM
:o

It hit the first one,

;D ;)

Still holding! ;)

Should we move the stop price below the 8.5 area to protect profits?

Yes, our plan is to move our stop higher step by step ;)

Quote from: Melf Elf on April 06, 2006, 10:31:04 AM
Quote from: Ramsburg on April 04, 2006, 12:19:28 AM
XING is clearly consolidating the recent gains, and almost ready for a new breakout and a big move above our first $9.20 target.

There's your first target of 9.20, Frederick. Applause.

Thanks Melf ;)

Quote from: mexirafa on April 04, 2006, 08:50:03 AM
Hi Rams,

This is such a great stock with lots of potential. I would like to add more shares to the stake if we are setting a higer target. Could you discuss a bit of a safe re-entry point?

Thank you much for your input,
Rafael ::)

Hi Merixafa,

Sorry for not replying that question, i forgot  ::)... Well, answer was already on my analysis, XING was trading a range, the low range is always the good spot to add more if thats the plan.
Not sure if you added more and what price ?

Frederick Ramsburg
www.3stocksonfire.org

Try our Premium Service or just Register a FREE Account

mexirafa

Thank you Ramsburg for the update,

I added some more yesterday before the end of the day at 8.90. ;D

rafael


8)
" It is  always profitable to study our own mistakes"

Melf Elf

#62
Frederick,

Today's Descending Triangle breakout on the print above 9.00 puts a target of 9.64 IN PLAY, which reinforces the Symmetrical Triangle target of 9.62, already IN PLAY.

Math for the Descending Triangle:

High: 9.14

Lows: Identical, at 8.50

9.14 - 8.50 = 0.64 points

Breakout was a print above 9.00 + 0.64 points = Target: 9.64 IN PLAY

Note: Today's price action not yet shown on chart.

XING currently is BID 9.19...ASK Frederick's 9.20    :D  ;)

EDIT: I corrected the math.


Ramsburg

#63
Quote from: Melf Elf on April 06, 2006, 03:25:27 PM
XING currently is BID 9.19...ASK Frederick's 9.20    :D  ;)

hehehe.... not anymore... $9.20 ? never heard of it  >:D

Thanks for your technical update Melf ! (applaud)

Quote from: mexirafa on April 06, 2006, 01:54:49 PM
Thank you Ramsburg for the update,

I added some more yesterday before the end of the day at 8.90. ;D

rafael


8)

Looks like you made a good decision Mexirafa ;) 

Lets rock ! ;)

Frederick Ramsburg
www.3stocksonfire.org

Try our Premium Service or just Register a FREE Account

jorgegr

Dont want to be a nuisance but think we should be crystal clear about a suggested selling price. In several messages it was set at 9.20, but seems there was an intraday change in the
strategy and now it's 9.74 althought I learned about this correction after the close.

Unfortunately I had set my order according to the previous instructions and now see XING is still in the portfolio.  Wish best of luck to those still holding this share and make money

Nevertheless if Ramsburg is leading this trade, can other relevant and respectfull traders change the targets even if I don't question their knowledge & experience & excellent professional work??. To make it short, to whom should we pay attention. 8)

hehehe.... not anymore... $9.20 ? never heard of it AT 3.25PM  :o

Rgds

jorgegr 

bocasva

#65
Jorge-

The plan was never changed intra-day.  If you go back on the thread you will see that Rams updated his plan after market closed last Thursday 03/30 and included this update on the daily newsletter the next day (XING - HOLD, unless it prints our stop @ $7.75).
Haven't you been receiving the daily newsletter?


Quote from: jorgegr on April 06, 2006, 08:11:45 PM
Dont want to be a nuisance but think we should be crystal clear about a suggested selling price. In several messages it was set at 9.20, but seems there was an intraday change in the
strategy and now it's 9.74 althought I learned about this correction after the close.

Unfortunately I had set my order according to the previous instructions and now see XING is still in the portfolio.  Wish best of luck to those still holding this share and make money

Nevertheless if Ramsburg is leading this trade, can other relevant and respectfull traders change the targets even if I don't question their knowledge & experience & excellent professional work??. To make it short, to whom should we pay attention. 8)





hehehe.... not anymore... $9.20 ? never heard of it AT 3.25PM  :o

Rgds

jorgegr 

jorgegr

bocasva:

I receive usual daily updates Until March 30th they mentioned "limit sell order @ 9.20"
From March 31st onwards the limit was not mentiuoned anymore in the updates.

With the exception of Melf Elf no specific target was mentioned by others.

Although found this statementdated March 30 th which I suppose is what you are referring
so we have two options:
1) We set a lower sell price
2) We delete our sell order and wait for a breakout.

We have to choose option 2), taking also in consideration our Long Term mood on this stock, the rumors about the CECT IPO and the general bullish outlook on this stock. By doing so (I mean, increasing the risk), we'll also be setting a new stop price.


Cant find specifically  when a new limit was officially mentioned. Could you help me find it.??

THX

jorgegr

bocasva

#67
Quote from: jorgegr on April 06, 2006, 09:16:39 PM
bocasva:

I receive usual daily updates Until March 30th they mentioned "limit sell order @ 9.20"
From March 31st onwards the limit was not mentiuoned anymore in the updates.

With the exception of Melf Elf no specific target was mentioned by others.

Although found this statementdated March 30 th which I suppose is what you are referring
so we have two options:
1) We set a lower sell price
2) We delete our sell order and wait for a breakout.

We have to choose option 2), taking also in consideration our Long Term mood on this stock, the rumors about the CECT IPO and the general bullish outlook on this stock. By doing so (I mean, increasing the risk), we'll also be setting a new stop price.


Cant find specifically when a new limit was officially mentioned. Could you help me find it.??

THX

jorgegr


Sure, I was referring to this post, at the very end he states to HOLD unless getting stopped out at $7.75.

Quote from: Ramsburg on March 30, 2006, 10:24:11 PM
I must confess something: ;)
Every time XING approaches our target / sell order, I think to myself: «I hope it doesn't hit our sell order yet, so I can change the trading plan and set a higher exit point for this position»...

I hate to change plans, and I always say: «Plan the Trade, and Trade the Plan»... but a Trading Plan must be also flexible to new inputs.
The $9.10/$9.14 level is now acting as a resistance level, this zone has stopped XING from going higher 2 times in 3 days. At the same time, XING is holding very well, and probably just consolidating for a new rally.
The problem with our current trading plan, is that if we sell XING at $9.20 we'll be just selling on the middle of a new breakout to new highs... so we have two options:
1) We set a lower sell price
2) We delete our sell order and wait for a breakout.

We have to choose option 2), taking also in consideration our Long Term mood on this stock, the rumors about the CECT IPO and the general bullish outlook on this stock. By doing so (I mean, increasing the risk), we'll also be setting a new stop price.

So the new trading plan is:
Hold XING with a stop @ $7.75 (our entry price)

Best regards,


jorgegr

Believe you did not answer my question. You seem to remark the stop limit
(which is not in discussion) and I'm talking about the selling price.

Anyway I think this is getting us  nowhere and its full period for me.

Ramsburg: Will contact you by private message because I only want to improve the rules and not get in unnecessary  discussions with other fellow traders.

BRgds

jorgegr


Ramsburg


Jorgegr,

The plan was never changed intraday. Our daily email with instructions, have all our instructions, if we dont include a limit sell order there, it means we are not selling, but its very important that users read our updates, not just the email.

In this update I state we are changing the plan, and I explain why:
http://www.3stocksonfire.org/trading/index.php?topic=3847.msg54580#msg54580
The next email after that reflects the new plan (without the selling price at 9.20)

We never change plans intraday, everything we publish about our strategy is made before market action. I recommend everybody to read the updates, not only the daily email.

best regards,

Frederick Ramsburg
www.3stocksonfire.org

Try our Premium Service or just Register a FREE Account

Ramsburg

After this quick consolidation above $8.54, XING is back in action ;)

Today XING closed above our initial target ($9.20), performing a new breakout with volume increasing. This chart now looks stronger than ever, and we expect a continuation of this up move for the short run.

We can add a short term target near $9.65, provided by a triangular short term breakout (already explained a few posts above by Melf Elf, thanks Melf ! ;)), but we are not setting a sell order yet.... The market is expecting some news about a potential IPO of CECT, and this rumour is working great in terms of price action, no news yet, which is great ;)... very likely XING will be trading above $10 next week, and we want to be there to watch ;)

Our plan will be updated today; we'll be setting a higher stop reducing the risk on this trade. $8.54, was the previous high, and worked perfectly as a short term support, so our new stop will be below that level for now.

The new plan is:
Hold XING with a stop @ $8.35  (no selling order in place for now)

Best regards !
Frederick Ramsburg
www.3stocksonfire.org

Try our Premium Service or just Register a FREE Account

Ramsburg

XING is on the run... ;)

We saw Friday's session as a consolidation candle, great intraday pattern showing a lot of strength on this stock, XING was able to reverse its intraday trend even facing a red day on the general markets.

We expect to see XING trading double digits during the week.

We are not setting a sell order yet, so the plan remains:
Hold XING with a stop @ $8.35  (no selling order in place for now)

Best regards !
Frederick Ramsburg
www.3stocksonfire.org

Try our Premium Service or just Register a FREE Account

Ramsburg

Big sell off on the market, forcing XING to return to last week's trading range on what we think is just a correction movement.

The $8.50/$8.60 price level is a strong support, and we expect it to hold XING for now.

For profit protection, our plan seems to be adequate, taking in consideration the stop is a little below the support level:
Hold XING with a stop @ $8.35
Frederick Ramsburg
www.3stocksonfire.org

Try our Premium Service or just Register a FREE Account

Ramsburg

This is just a simple chart update.

XING is holding on the support level ($8.54), we expect some upside reaction soon, but we have a stop in place in case our expected scenario fails.

The plan:
Hold XING with a stop @ $8.35
Frederick Ramsburg
www.3stocksonfire.org

Try our Premium Service or just Register a FREE Account

Ramsburg

I'm not sure what to say on this XING update ;)

We love the stock, we have a stop profit here, so our risk is to profit only 7.8% on this trade, and we expect to see XING trading double digits very soon. Of course we can be wrong, but there's no risk here, so we'll just keep the same plan (we can only move the stop higher after a new high on this trade), otherwise we'll be compromising some important room this trade has for price development):
Hold XING with a stop @ $8.35

PS: Anybody trading XING options ?

Best regards !
Frederick Ramsburg
www.3stocksonfire.org

Try our Premium Service or just Register a FREE Account