3StocksOnFire — US Stock Trading Community · 451+ trades · 257% returns · 15,000 members · Main Site · Trader's Guide · Articles · Video Analyses
3 Stocks On Fire
3StocksOnFire Community Forum
Home Message Boards Trader's Guide Articles Video Analysis About Us Search Register

News:

Welcome to 3StocksOnFire! US stock trading community (2005-2010) with 451+ documented trades and 15,000+ members. View Portfolios | Stock Articles | Quotes

Main Menu

SIGA - Sector: Healthcare---Industry: Biotechnology & Drugs

Started by stocks2watch2, September 28, 2005, 10:36:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Melf Elf

Quote from: wontfindaname on November 19, 2006, 03:48:51 PM
Thanks for the welcome, David. This board is great.

wontfinddaname,

Yes, welcome, and applause for your input.

Quote
I'm really sick of the craziness on the yahoo boards.

Reading yahoo boards made me want to try to be a good elf, because I realized that "hell" probably is having to read those horrible things that some of those people say to each other, for all of eternity.
:o  >:D


la-onda

hello all,
wonderful & continuous discussion about SIGAs potential.
I have sold 15% of SIGA @ 4.06 to minimize my portfolio risk.
SIGA potential is much too high IMO, I will continue to hold.
cheers
Oliver


etercnoc

The problem with SIGA  is its not a stock with growing #s q over q that you can trade by the chart.I look st it as when not if they will get a huge $ order and if this is at 3 or 3.60 it wont matter.SIGA will open at 8 or better and then again u missed the  big profit.Thats just my thoughts and thanks for the great board.Everyone here does a great job.

rickjust

#213
Quote from: rickjust on November 18, 2006, 04:36:33 PM

support 1. : 3.57
3.88+3.88=7.76 -4.19=3.57

support 2: 3.39
3.88 - .49  ( 4.06 - 3.57 = .49) = 3.39

resistance 1: 4.06
3.88 + 3.88 = 7.76 - 3.70 = 4.06

resistance 2:  4.37
3.88 + .49 = 4.37

so i am going to watch this week and update this next weekend to see how it reacted to these calculations .
thanks,
maxi

p.s. notice the ema 20 comes in at 359 just 2cents above my support. the 5ema comes in at 3.89 one penny above my pivot


siga bounces off 360 pretty strong . 3cents above my first support at 357 a penny above 20ema

maxi





Melf Elf

Quote from: Melf Elf on November 19, 2006, 08:26:41 AM
What I'd really, really like to see, is for SIGA to go down and put in Data Point #4 for a channel, near 3.56, NOT print the 4.00 "buy signal," and give us a lower "buy pivot," like it did back on November 2 and November 3.

The bang off the bottom of the channel was 3.60.,  SIGA is back to UNCH, and Data Point #4 for the channel is in now.

That looks good, if it holds up this afternoon.

thai626

Quote from: Melf Elf on November 20, 2006, 12:15:23 PM
Quote from: Melf Elf on November 19, 2006, 08:26:41 AM
What I'd really, really like to see, is for SIGA to go down and put in Data Point #4 for a channel, near 3.56, NOT print the 4.00 "buy signal," and give us a lower "buy pivot," like it did back on November 2 and November 3.

The bang off the bottom of the channel was 3.60.,  SIGA is back to UNCH, and Data Point #4 for the channel is in now.

That looks good, if it holds up this afternoon.

I hope so Melf.....I hope so!   ;)

However, my stop order is still intact at 3.50.  Let's see what the rest of the day holds for us.  >:D

Thai
Current Holdings:  ASTM, STV, SVA, NIHK.ob

Se7en

This could be interesting for SIGA ...  :)


Senate to Take Up Biological Threats
Firms Could Get Funding Sooner


By Renae Merle
Washington Post Staff Writer
Wednesday, November 15, 2006; Page D01

The Senate is moving to take up legislation as soon as this week revamping a struggling multibillion-dollar effort to counter bioterrorism threats with a national stockpile of new vaccines and other drugs.

The legislation creates a central authority within the Health and Human Services Department to manage the effort, sets aside an additional $1 billion for research and gives the federal government the flexibility to provide cash infusions to the small firms doing most of the work.
   


Supporters of the bill, which is more than a year in the making, are cautiously optimistic that it will pass. Sen. Harry M. Reid (D-Nev.), who is slated to take over as majority leader, listed it among his priorities for Congress's lame-duck session.

"From a policy standpoint, there is nobody shooting at it," said Sen. Richard Burr (R-N.C.), one of the bill's sponsors.

If passed, the legislation would have to be reconciled with the House version, which was passed in September. The initiative is intended to salvage the Bush administration's Project BioShield, a $5.6 billion program to counter biological and radioactive weapons.

The two-year effort has been marked by delays and operational problems. Some companies, for example, have floundered as they conducted research and testing because the bulk of government payments typically do not arrive until firms are ready to produce approved drugs.

Meanwhile, Project BioShield's most significant investment, a nearly $1 billion effort by VaxGen Inc. to develop an anthrax vaccine, is in limbo after the Food and Drug Administration refused to let the company conduct human tests and Health and Human Services threatened to end the company's contract.

Project BioShield "didn't work because a majority of the companies choose not to participate and the ones that did, they were not financed through the valley of death," Burr said.

The new legislation aims to correct those problems, but it still may face some questions. Sen. Patty Murray (D-Wash.), who said she supports the intent of the bill, nonetheless raised safety concerns.

"We need to debate compensating those who may suffer adversely from new vaccines or treatments and expand protections for high risk populations like children, pregnant women, and the elderly," Murray said in a statement.

Under the current proposal, the bill would create the Biomedical Advanced Research and Development Authority to oversee the effort. The bill also attempts to pump more government money into the private market sooner. Under current law, participating companies are not paid until they deliver the drugs, even though Health and Human Services has the authority to give companies a 10 percent prepayment, which would have to be repaid if the company failed to deliver the product. But the agency has never exercised that option.

The legislation would speed up the development cycle by allowing Health and Human Services to pay companies up to 5 percent of the value of their contract when they reach certain milestones, providing them with a welcome cash infusion. The Senate version would also allocate $1 billion over three years for research not funded by a Project BioShield contract or the National Institutes of Health. The House version of the legislation sets aside $160 million per year for two years.

"The federal government is now their venture capital partner," Burr said.

Lance Ignon, VaxGen's vice president for corporate affairs, applauded the notion of the government playing a larger role in sharing the financial risk. Under the current program, "we have all of the financial risk," he said.

The change would not be a "panacea" in VaxGen's case, he said, but could be helpful to the company and the industry in general.

"The success of our nation's bio-defense effort will rest in large measure on the ability to form true partnerships between government and industry based on mutual respect," Ignon said. That includes an "understanding of the almost inevitable setbacks one encounters in drug development."


http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/11/14/AR2006111401247.html
Així és la Catalunya, així és el Barça! Mès que un club!!!

rickjust

hi,
still looks bearish but hanging between support 357 and the pivot price 388
here is a chart
maxi

Melf Elf

Monday's high was 3.85, so that was the Buy Pivot for yesterday's trading, and the Buy Signal was a print of 3.86.  The high only was 3.82, so no Buy Signal was issued.

For today, November 22, yesterday's high of 3.82 becomes the Buy Pivot, and a print of 3.83 is the Buy Signal.

The 34RSI has fallen ¼ pont below its "shadow," the 55 RSI.  Readings are:

34RSI - 60.53
55RSI - 60.78

Those still are at Bullish Synchronicity since the readings are so close, and they're right at the 55EMA, but that's looking weak.  And, the MACD is below its signal line, and falling.

So, "Push has come to shove" here.

The 3.83 Buy Signal needs to get printed, or SIGA simply could "slip slide away" to the 3.20-ish target IN PLAY from the Triangle break SIGA had last week (the break below the yellow trendline on the intraday chart, posted over the weekend), or it could slide even lower than that.


Se7en

Al-Qaeda Attempts to Lay Hands on Nuclear Weapons


Politics: 14 November 2006, Tuesday.

Al-Qaeda and other Islamic extremists want to acquire chemical or radiological weapons in order to attack a Western country, a senior British official has said on condition of anonymity due to the sensitive nature of his work.

Britain's Foreign Office has evidence that terrorist groups have attempted to purchase chemical, biological, radiological and nuclear materials, the official has said.

The warning comes after last week MI5's head Eliza Manningham-Buller said the authorities have identified 30 major terrorist plots being devised in the UK and involving over 1,600 individuals.

"We know the aspiration is there, we know the efforts to get the materials are there, we know the efforts to get the technology are there", a spokesperson of Britain's Foreign Office said.

The senior official said that an attack with radiological or chemical weapons would be based on unsophisticated technology and would cause mass panic rather than mass casualties.

The official added that Britain's Foreign Office is more concerned about legitimate substances and biological weapons that could be used to create weapons such as anthrax or smallpox.[/u]



http://www.novinite.com/view_news.php?id=72583
Així és la Catalunya, així és el Barça! Mès que un club!!!

wontfindaname

Since we are still pulling back on no news, what do you think will the driver for any pop (small or large) in the next month? I don't think a large contract will be coming until early next year. I don't think they can license ST-426 for 90 days after the cancellation of the merger with Pharmathene. So, I don't see any buyout or licensing deal till January at the earliest. Analyst upgrades perhaps?

Se7en

Quote from: wontfindaname on November 22, 2006, 05:20:42 PM
Since we are still pulling back on no news, what do you think will the driver for any pop (small or large) in the next month? I don't think a large contract will be coming until early next year. I don't think they can license ST-426 for 90 days after the cancellation of the merger with Pharmathene. So, I don't see any buyout or licensing deal till January at the earliest. Analyst upgrades perhaps?
They had every right to cancel the merger so I don't see how this can effect the licensing thing!?
A buyout is always possible but I'm more expecting a deal with the government, the big question is when but it can be sooner (or later) than we all think ...
A couple of upgrades also wouldn't hurt! :)
Així és la Catalunya, així és el Barça! Mès que un club!!!

wontfindaname

QuoteIf the Merger is not consummated, PharmAthene and SIGA have agreed to negotiate, in good faith and exclusively for 90 days, the terms of a definitive license agreement for SIGA-246, SIGA's lead biodefense compound. As a result, SIGA could become less attractive to new merger partners or investors generally if the Merger is not completed.

The above was taken from a proxy statement filed on June 30, discussing the terms of the merger agreement. As the merger was not consummated, there is a 90 day period for which SIGA has to wait before striking a license deal with other companies.

rickjust

Quote from: rickjust on November 18, 2006, 04:36:33 PM
support 1. : 3.57
3.88+3.88=7.76 -4.19=3.57

support 2: 3.39
3.88 - .49  ( 4.06 - 3.57 = .49) = 3.39

resistance 1: 4.06
3.88 + 3.88 = 7.76 - 3.70 = 4.06

resistance 2:  4.37
3.88 + .49 = 4.37
so i am going to watch this week and update this next weekend to see how it reacted to these calculations .
thanks,
maxi
p.s. notice the ema 20 comes in at 359 just 2cents above my support. the 5ema comes in at 3.89 one penny above my pivot


just updating the chart.

bocasva

Quote from: wontfindaname on November 22, 2006, 05:45:55 PM
QuoteIf the Merger is not consummated, PharmAthene and SIGA have agreed to negotiate, in good faith and exclusively for 90 days, the terms of a definitive license agreement for SIGA-246, SIGA's lead biodefense compound. As a result, SIGA could become less attractive to new merger partners or investors generally if the Merger is not completed.

The above was taken from a proxy statement filed on June 30, discussing the terms of the merger agreement. As the merger was not consummated, there is a 90 day period for which SIGA has to wait before striking a license deal with other companies.

Helpul info, thanks...