3StocksOnFire — US Stock Trading Community · 451+ trades · 257% returns · 15,000 members · Main Site · Trader's Guide · Articles · Video Analyses
3 Stocks On Fire
3StocksOnFire Community Forum
Home Message Boards Trader's Guide Articles Video Analysis About Us Search Register

oneWeek2percent system

Started by wpSoft2008, March 28, 2008, 07:38:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wpSoft2008

Hi, everybody:

I am thinking to test my one-week 2-percent gain system here.

Here is what the system will do:

During each weekend, I will identify 5 stocks, which, I believe, could gain 2% or more next week.

Don't look down the 2% gain. If you can make 2% each week consistently, that equals to 300% compounded gain in 52 weeks.

Initial investment could be any number but I will put $10,000 to start with.

The 2% game is not to buy Monday morning at open and sell them at Friday close.

I will give a set of buying and selling rules in my next post.

Basically, if a stock's high during the week is 2% higher than the buying price, we will ready to sell it or may put a trailing stop to let it run.

For the buying price, we may buy it at Monday open if it does not gap up, or buy it whenever it reached our preset limit buying price, or some other additional rules.

Any comments welcome. The first 5 stocks will be posted here Sunday  night.

AussieTrader

Great activity wpsoft2008,

A question for you though? What risk management are you using for thi system? Where will you exit if the trade does not go in your favour? 2% gain is small, consequently to run this approach you would need a real tight approach to risk control per trade.

Look forward to your future posts.
AussieTrader
www.3stocksonfire.org

Try our Premium Service or just Register a FREE Account

wpSoft2008


JazzDrums13

WOW,  I have thought about 2% for years now and always wondered if someone else did this as well, with 100k, and a successful picking method, this can easily be enough to live on.

The key question, is how do you pick your 5 picks?  You must have a technical or other method to generate candidates.  Excellent post and I even registered for the site to reply to this.

Best of luck !

Jan

JazzDrums13

Totally cool, if you don't mind me asking, is it Telechart software?  and what do you consider a bottom (criteria in your view)

AussieTrader

Great work Wpsoft, and thanks for sharing the approach with everyone here.

AussieTrader
www.3stocksonfire.org

Try our Premium Service or just Register a FREE Account

pinoleropuro

thanks, I'll keep this under my raday in deed. it seems to be a pretty good system.
please do keep it coming!

wpSoft2008

Quote from: pinoleropuro on May 02, 2008, 10:29:37 AM
thanks, I'll keep this under my raday in deed. it seems to be a pretty good system.
please do keep it coming!

Hope you enjoy it.

Performance up to 5 weeks:


pinoleropuro

do you ever look at the stochastics?
RSI2 and fast stochastics were over baught on the ones you got out of today.
I am just wondering becuase I know a lot of people look at those two  indicators for their trading systems.

Pt Trader

Hi wpSoft2008,

Thanks for your posts, and congratulations, because you are really making money!!

But i have a doubt, why didn't you specified the values that we should buy the stocks? Is it possible to specify the buy values we should buy?

Thanks again.

Regards,
Pt Trader

Houlahan

Applaud and thanks for sharing... :)
"If a woman does her best, what else is there?"

Benrishi

Would you explain sell1 and sell2 a little?  It looks like they are 3% and 5% above the entry price but your exits are sometimes above sell2, sometimes between sell1 and sell2 and sometimes dead-on one or the other.  What is your criteria for exiting the trade?

Thanks
I'm becoming a big fan.

pinoleropuro

I noticed most of the ones you picked this week the stochastics didn't convince me, I mean they looked they they were pointing down. what made you pick this particular group for this week? if you don't mind my asking.
Thanks.

BigSully1

Hey wpsoft.

just wondering what happened to the earlier post in which you said?

Bought

GSX $4.06
CROX 9.76
UTSI 5.50
MW 19.73

and

UAUA 8.82

Also nothing was mentioned about OMNI on your earlier buy  list

I'm not at all looking for your edits/deletions, but this is at least the second time I noticed this stuff happening. Whatsup? Better get on the up and up, somebody else will notice too.

BigSully1

I read what you wrote Sunday night. What I am referring to is the first post you wrote on Monday morning about your buys, which has been deleted.  UAUA was included in your bought post at $8.82. OMNI was not included in that same bought post that is now deleted. I happened to write them down exactly as you posted them.

As I said, this is not the first time I noticed edits/deletions. Have fun anyway.