3StocksOnFire — US Stock Trading Community · 451+ trades · 257% returns · 15,000 members · Main Site · Trader's Guide · Articles · Video Analyses
3 Stocks On Fire
3StocksOnFire Community Forum
Home Message Boards Trader's Guide Articles Video Analysis About Us Search Register

News:

Welcome to 3StocksOnFire! US stock trading community (2005-2010) with 451+ documented trades and 15,000+ members. View Portfolios | Stock Articles | Quotes

Main Menu

BRVO.OB

Started by David Randolph, May 30, 2005, 08:01:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

David Randolph

Great, great posts on this BRVO thread. I fully agree with Melf Elf on his take on the value of technical analysis and charts. In fact, I think his last post (well, not the one where he says he cannot shrink charts ;D, the one before that) is a must read for everyone on this website. I want to thank Melf Elf for sharing his wisdom in such an understandable way.

More, I agree with him on his technical take on BRVO, the stock is in a downtrend now and has a lot of overhead resistance. So, why hold? Well, I got my fundamental reasons ... I believe, due to fundamentals, the technical picture will change in the future, but I know this is a dangerous thought. So I have to make my fundamental case very strong (I need to confront starfire's numbers with mine), to hold this stock in the face of a bearish technical picture.

Now it is very late to do that, so I'll do it tomorrow morning (about 3 AM NY time).


don

Melf and David, have to offer 'applauds' for Melf's several and your most recent. I have learned a considerable amount here. Thanks for your patience. Flexibilty is difficult and rigidity of thinking is easier, when you are dealing with the a new disipline and the risks of losing capital.  Now I have to apply it! David, looking forward to your next post. (I'm  12hours ahead). I sold my 63's at 68 and made a hundred or so. That is my first gain, (if i ignore averaging) since I gotonfire!! Plus I have my capital back.nteresting how tight the market makers seem to be managing the market, or is it my imagination? I had my order in at 70, well ahead of the open. yet didn't fill. This has happened on numerous occasions. Of course, I have to remember that this is OTC. Don.

starfire

Quote from: starfire on August 29, 2005, 04:34:01 PM
I am a newbie to TA and reading graphs, essentially I am a numbers guy. But numbers drive the graph! Just looking at the graph, it looks very isolated and precarious. The big Q is, will the MDA meet expectations? Here are the issues that I see:

1. The revenue forecasted (mentioned in the CC) for 2006 is $80M - $90M (million). This is CCE's revenue. WHat is BRVO's share of this?

2. In the modified alternative, the fully diluted number of shares (after the conversion of Warrants, options, CDs, preferred) is 200million shares. And if CCE converts, add an dditionl 30 million. Hence the total diluted number of shares will be 250 million. This is about 50 million difference from alternative I. Thus the perceived burden of the diluted shares still persists.

Bottom line, if the MDA does not meet expectations, then expect some more downside, otherwise it will form support and retrace previous levels.

Actually the above should read as (changed 200M shares to 220 Million hsares):
"
I am a newbie to TA and reading graphs, essentially I am a numbers guy. But numbers drive the graph! Just looking at the graph, it looks very isolated and precarious. The big Q is, will the MDA meet expectations? Here are the issues that I see:

1. The revenue forecasted (mentioned in the CC) for 2006 is $80M - $90M (million). This is CCE's revenue. WHat is BRVO's share of this?

2. In the modified alternative, the fully diluted number of shares (after the conversion of Warrants, options, CDs, preferred) is 220million shares (300-81). And if CCE converts, add an dditionl 30 million. Hence the total diluted number of shares will be 250 million. This is about 50 million difference from alternative I. Thus the perceived burden of the diluted shares still persists.

Bottom line, if the MDA does not meet expectations, then expect some more downside, otherwise it will form support and retrace previous levels.
"

I am out but a few shares!

rickjust

thanks
everyone for informative and educational posts,
and only 50 bucks a month , cheeper than college and just as much fun!
3 STOCKS ON FIRE RULES!!!!!!!
maxi

shawFund

How to post chart without horizontal scroll if you are using a PC:

1. stockCharts.com, use "medium type" of chart, click "Add Annotations" button,
   then draw all the lines, add text etc.;
2. Press "alt + prt screen" keys at the same time;
3. Run "pbrush" program;
4. Select "Paste". The chart will be put into the window;
5. Click "Select" button, then use mouse to select the chart area  you need to show to us,
    finally "Copy" the selected area;
6. Select "New" and click "No" to save changes;
7. Use "Paste" again, the newly selected chart area will be on the paint window
8. Select "Save As" and save as .gif format

You are done.

Melf Elf

Quote from: shawFund on August 30, 2005, 01:35:26 AM
How to post chart without horizontal scroll if you are using a PC:

1. stockCharts.com, use "medium type" of chart, click "Add Annotations" button,
then draw all the lines, add text etc.;

Thanks, ShawFund.  I got stumped right away on Step 1.  I don't see anything that says "medium type" of chart, nor do I see "Add Annotations."  When I open a reply page, I only see "Addtional Options."  When I click on that, I get the "Attach Box" with a Browse button next to it, which I use to go into my files and find the chart.

I'll keep working on it.  Sorry about the horizontal scroll bars.

David Randolph

Thanks for your posts. Melf Elf uses Metastock, not stockcharts.com (Metastock is much better, of course, it is a dedicated software, not a website).

I've been reading and thinking about BRVO's financials and it's true, the company isn't in great financial shape. It has a lot warrants and notes issued and earnings weren't attractive at all:

«The Company's new product introduction and growth expansion continues
to be expensive, and the Company reported a net loss of $2,579,275 for the
six-month period ended June 30, 2005. As shown in the accompanying
financial statements, the Company has suffered operating losses and
negative cash flows from operations since inception and at June 30, 2005
has an accumulated deficit of $36,491,265, a capital deficit of $2,933,786,
negative working capital of $2,701,460. »

What is it that they have? A good product, that I expect to see being sold worldwide in the future:

«The closing under the stock purchase agreement will also be subject
to the Company and CCE entering into a master distribution agreement
pursuant to which CCE would distribute the Company's products throughout
the United States, its possessions, Canada and other countries in which CCE
is licensed to bottle products of The Coca-Cola Company.»

The process is just starting:

«This increase is the result of the Company's
development of new branded product lines in the United States, including
the 2005 launch of our Slammers(R)line of Mars' Starburst, MilkyWay and 3
Musketeers flavored milk drinks. Our launch of Mars Slammers(R)line in the
first quarter 2005 achieved market penetration in 30,000 grocery and
convenience stores for this line by June 30, 2005.»

«We are continuing to explore new points of sale for our branded
flavored milk. Presently, we are aggressively pursuing the school and
vending market through trade/industry shows and individual direct contacts.
The implementation of such a school base program, if viable, could have an
impact on the level of our revenue during 2005. Similarly, we expect that
the greater control over sales resulting from our refined business model
and the anticipated expansion into bodega stores as well as national
chains, such as 7-Eleven, will have a positive impact on revenues.»

And costs will probably be reduced:

«Freight charges will be reduced as we
are able to ship more full truckloads of product given the reduced per unit
cost associated with full truckloads versus less than full truckloads.
Similarly, slotting fees, which are paid to warehouses or chain stores as
initial set up or shelf space fees, are essentially one-time charges per
new customer. We believe that along with the increase in our unit sales
volume, the average unit selling expense and associated costs will
decrease, resulting in gross margins sufficient to mitigate cash needs. In
addition, we are actively seeking additional financing to support our
operational needs and to develop an expanded promotional program for our
products.»

So, as an investor, I have to think what is the risk/reward of this investment. If BRVO fails to meet it's obligations and goes bankrupt I'll lose 100% (no, not at all, since I would sell much before that if the stock broke down badly).

The reward is that Slammers and other products of the company start selling throughout the US, Canada, Mexico, Uk, Europe, South America, Asia, India, you know, the blue globe. BRVO would turn out to be a multi billion dollar company in the future if this were to happen.

Here in Portugal, of course, there are no Slammers for sale ... we have something made by Nestle, Yop. I drunk too of them for breakfast, instead of the usual Coke (arghh, I know it's not very good for the stomach to drink coke so early in the morning :P). They taste very well, I think I'll substitute coke for breakfast on a permanent basis.

Flavored milk is here to stay and BRVO has a chance of being a global player in that space. I hope it succeeds, since I'll continue holding the stock for the foreseeable future.

In trading terms, the thing looks much more simple:

1) People who bought on the CCE news day were wrong and got punished;
2) People who sold because that deal was partially cancelled were wrong and probably will be punished too. The punishment will come in the form of a rebound to the neckline of a H&S pattern, currently at $0.90, 50% above my purchase price of $0.60.


don

how to place a stop loss?
I checked with my broker, TDW. They say, cannot, as it is OTC. Has anone figured
a way around this problem? Thanks! Don.

don

Inaddition, we are actively seeking additional financing to support our
perational needs and to develop an expanded promotional program for our
products.»

David posted this quote. I had seen it earlier too. I am expecting a financing, immediately after announcements that the CCE deal is finalized and that BRVO is applying for a NASDAQ listing. Don.

AussieTrader

Quote from: don on August 30, 2005, 08:27:18 AM
how to place a stop loss?
I checked with my broker, TDW. They say, cannot, as it is OTC. Has anone figured
a way around this problem? Thanks! Don.


Don, you don't have too much choice 1) Set an alarm to highlight when the stock is approaching your stop point so that you can make a decision 2) Change brokers to one that will allow stops etc on OTC stocks 3) Hope TDW add the stop feature to OTC stocks in the near future.
Some brokers do allow stop orders on OTC and some don't.
AussieTrader
www.3stocksonfire.org

Try our Premium Service or just Register a FREE Account

shawFund

Hi, Melf:

   What you mentioned is how to upload your chart from your hard disk to our web site.

   What I mentioned is how to generate the chart in .gif format in proper size so that it can be seen in the post without the horizontal scroll.

   I am using stockcharts.com chart as an example. Of course, metastock chart can be converted into .gif in the same way. I don't have that program and so I cannot comment on it.

  Since Dav has done it well, may be he can give some tips.

 

David Randolph

BRVO.OB went down a bit today, and I wonder why ... well, a good answer could be: «it's the chart, stupid»  ;D

A not so good, but comprehensive answer, can be this line on the last press release from the company:

«Bravo! Foods expects the Master Distribution Agreement to be executed by the Company and CCE by the end of August.»

So, today was August 30th, tomorrow is the last day of the month, where's the MDA? I certainly hope the company issues a press release about this subject in the coming days, the market, and I, hate uncertainty.

In the meantime the stock can be coming down to around $0.60 to make the second dip (the market usually gives a second chance) of a short term bottom before the expected short term advance phase to retest the broken neckline, at least.

I'll continue holding BRVO.OB.

robt

Coke wants and needs this deal. They have already wasted millions on their own milk drinks, and failed to produce a winner.

Slammers are already proven in the marketplace; Bravo will not disappear, and their ultimate prosperity seems assured, with or without Coke.

Coke approached Bravo with a deal already set in their minds. They are Coke!! Bravo should be grateful!!

I think the evidence is mounting that BRVO management is standing up to the giant to hammer out a killer deal. Uncertainty is hell, but the longer we wait, I think the better we will turn out.

I am almost hoping that no further word arrives tomorrow; imagine the bargain BRVO would be on Thursday!

My plan is to buy a bit more tomorrow, anticipating an announcement after market hours. If it doesn't arrive, I will try to call the bottom, and then "back up the truck!" ;D
If you must smite, post why so I can improve myself.

don

I am expecting CLIPPED that BRVO is applying for a NASDAQ listing
As someone pointed out on Investors Hub, BRVO does not qualify for listing on NAS. Irrational again!
To anybody down hurricane way, as 2 tsunami survivors, our thoughts goes out to you - be of good cheer, no matter what. Don.

la-onda

Equity Alliance Int.: Equity Alliance International - Dollar Volume Leaders - Tuesday August 30, 2005 BRVO, CXTI, FLWE, EDNE

Tuesday , August 30, 2005 06:04 ET

Aug 30, 2005 (M2 PRESSWIRE via COMTEX) --Equity Alliance International Repots this mornings Dollar Volume Leaders -- Bravo! Foods International Corporation (OTCBB:BRVO), China Expert Technology Inc (OTCBB:CXTI), Fellows Energy Ltd (OTCBB:FLWE) and Eden Energy Corp (OTCBB:EDNE).

Bravo! Foods International Corporation (OTCBB:BRVO)

Bravo! Foods International Corp. (OTC Bulletin Board: BRVO) develops, brands, markets, distributes and sells nutritious, flavored milk products throughout the 50 states, Mexico and various Middle Eastern countries. Bravo!'s products are available in the United States and internationally through production agreements with regional aseptic milk processors and are currently sold under the brand name Slammers .

Many of Bravo! Foods' Slammers line of extended shelf-life, single- serve milk drinks are co-branded through exclusive partnerships with Masterfoods(TM), a division of Mars Incorporated(TM), Marvel Enterprises(TM)and MD Enterprises(TM) (Moon Pie ), providing superior name recognition packaged with quality, great-tasting drinks.

Slammers are now available at more than 30,000 stores nationwide, including such popular chains as: 7-Eleven, A&P, Associated Grocers, BI LO, Brunos, C/S Metro, Dutch Farms, Giant Food Stores, Jewel, Mars, Pathmark, Piggly Wiggly, Ralph's, Safeway, Sam's Club, Shaw's, Shop Rite, Speedway, SuperTarget, Unified, Waldbaums, Walgreens and White Rose.

For further due diligence please visit our website www.equityallianceint.com


;)