3StocksOnFire — US Stock Trading Community · 451+ trades · 257% returns · 15,000 members · Main Site · Trader's Guide · Articles · Video Analyses
3 Stocks On Fire
3StocksOnFire Community Forum
Home Message Boards Trader's Guide Articles Video Analysis About Us Search Register

News:

Welcome to 3StocksOnFire! US stock trading community (2005-2010) with 451+ documented trades and 15,000+ members. View Portfolios | Stock Articles | Quotes

Main Menu

BRVO.OB

Started by David Randolph, May 30, 2005, 08:01:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

David Randolph

BRVO.OB is still stuck on that range between $0.50 and $0.72. Possibly the last couple of days action is a retest to that short term descending trendline that was broken on the upside last Friday.

I will continue holding BRVO.OB, whatever happens with the stock price.

David Randolph

For the first time in a lot of time there were no comments for BRVO.OB today from 3 SOF members. The stock is really boring at this moment, I know. But boring doesn't necessarily mean bearish. In fact, it may mean the opposite, as long term believers are the only ones holding now, and they wont sell.

I'm one of those and I will continue holding BRVO.OB for the foreseeable future.

john b mcginnis

Quote from: David Randolph on October 06, 2005, 06:35:31 PM
For the first time in a lot of time there were no comments for BRVO.OB today from 3 SOF members. The stock is really boring at this moment, I know. But boring doesn't necessarily mean bearish. In fact, it may mean the opposite, as long term believers are the only ones holding now, and they wont sell.

I'm one of those and I will continue holding BRVO.OB for the foreseeable future.

I'll make the first comment, Holding for the long term and added 3% more @.56
John

David Randolph

QuoteI'll make the first comment, Holding for the long term and added 3% more @.56

The first and only johnbmcginnis  :)

BRVO.OB is still stuck on that range between $0.50 and $0.72, and it looks like now it is trying to build an even tighter range between $0.55 and $0.66. These are all accumulation symptoms.

There were no news during the weekend. I will continue holding BRVO.OB.

snowcat

In my local Sunday paper, there is a section with glossy coupons.  In the section was a 1/2 page ad and coupon ($1 off the purchase of 2) for Slammers!

Maybe bring the stock price up a little b4 discounting the merchandise?

KCScott

Quote from: snowcat on October 10, 2005, 02:02:36 PM
In my local Sunday paper, there is a section with glossy coupons.  In the section was a 1/2 page ad and coupon ($1 off the purchase of 2) for Slammers!

Maybe bring the stock price up a little b4 discounting the merchandise?


To the contrary, it's actually an excellent strategy and well proven for the introduction of new products or brands.

It's an impetus to get the consumer to try a new product and hopefully like it enough to continue buying it. Although she certainly doesn't need to, my wife clips coupons from the Sunday paper ad supplement and we have tried a myriad of products we would not have purchased otherwise. Several have become staples in our household.
Those that think money can't buy happiness, don't know where to shop

bigdogs99999

I am thrilled to think of Slammers coupons.  Sales volume is exactly the first step needed - nothing more nothing less - to drive the price of this stock.  BTW, another product spotting in N.C. - Slammers in Walgreens - the Starburst ones - unlike the uniformly liked Milky Ways in my household, the reaction of 4 tasters was 1 positive, 1 okay, and 2 rather nots.    :o 
"Men make counterfeit money; in many more cases, money makes counterfeit men."

David Randolph

Thanks for your comments about BRVO's marketing strategy and quality of products  :)

The stock today had a mild bullish reaction, which makes me think the short term bottom is in around $0.55. A smaller range for accumulation is building, between $0.55 and $0.66.

I will continue holding BRVO.OB for the long term.

rickjust

hi david,
is this not the inverted head and shoulder pattern forming now?
help on this one appreciated ???
maxi

David Randolph

Quote from: rickjust on October 10, 2005, 07:29:15 PM
hi david,
is this not the inverted head and shoulder pattern forming now?
help on this one appreciated ???
maxi

Well thought rickjust, this is why I love this job, I get such great help from you  :)

The inverted H&S pattern is a possibility there. We need BRVO to close above $0.66 to confirm that pattern.

Prfsr Hal

And presuming that it IS an inverted head and shoulder pattern forming...to one who knows nothing of such things, what weather pattern does that predict?  (And if one is not sure whether it is that pattern, what is the confidence level of that prediction?)

Prfsr Hal

john b mcginnis

I look for Slammers in every retail store I enter. I found them  today in our local Target store in St. Louis  for the first time, Starburst and Milkyway. My wife and I tried the Milkyway, and liked it. $1.19 each.  Much better price than the local 7-11 which charges over $2.50. Lets hope every Target store in the USA stocks them on their shelf and hope Walmart gets wind of the idea.
John

shaker340

Sheetz now carries the Starburst Slammers, I believe 3 flavors and 2 flavors of the Slim Slammers.  I was shocked that they did not carry the Milky Way Slammers. ::)


David Randolph

Thanks for your comments on BRVO  :)

It looks like that second inverted H&S pattern didn't materialize either.

Quote from: Prfsr Hal on October 11, 2005, 01:41:14 AM
And presuming that it IS an inverted head and shoulder pattern forming...to one who knows nothing of such things, what weather pattern does that predict? (And if one is not sure whether it is that pattern, what is the confidence level of that prediction?)

Prfsr Hal

The inverted head and shoulders pattern predicts a change in trend, from bearish to bullish. But only when the neckline is broken on the upside the pattern is complete. Until then we're just making «technical speculation».

After a H&S pattern is completed and confirmed, according to Bulkowski (Encyclopedia of Chart Patterns, there's a 95% probability that the technical signal is a true one. In 63% of the cases shares reach the technical target of the pattern.

But as I said, on BRVO we've had no inverted H&S pattern, at least not yet.

The stock is still lying down, trading between $0.50 and $0.72. I will continue holding it for the long term, fundamentals warrant much higher prices when this accumulation phase ends.

Prfsr Hal

Thanks for the H&S info.  Now for another question.  You refer to this phase as an "Accumulation phase."  If shares are being accumulated by by buyers, doesn't it mean that they are being simultaneously disaccumulated by sellers?  I apologize for the naive question.

Prfsr Hal