3StocksOnFire — US Stock Trading Community · 451+ trades · 257% returns · 15,000 members · Main Site · Trader's Guide · Articles · Video Analyses
3 Stocks On Fire
3StocksOnFire Community Forum
Home Message Boards Trader's Guide Articles Video Analysis About Us Search Register

News:

Welcome to 3StocksOnFire! US stock trading community (2005-2010) with 451+ documented trades and 15,000+ members. View Portfolios | Stock Articles | Quotes

Main Menu

BRVO.OB

Started by David Randolph, May 30, 2005, 08:01:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

madge20

#705
Hal.. I will answer your question. You refer to it as a accumulation phase beacuse the "range" trading takes place lower than the recent high over a buck. The range is now .50 to .72

If the stock was to get slightly below the recent high(not half the recent high where we are now) at a buck plus and NOT make a new high.. then go sideways for a while, you might refer to that as a distribution phase..
this doesnt guarantee of course the BRVO breaks higher than .72 after this "phase " is over so you just have to keep an eye on the price movement daily. Also the fundamentals outlined about the company leans many to the fact that its an accumulation phase rather than distribution and dump the PPS later which has already happened from 1.20 plus to where we are now... Hope that answers your question..

GLTY

basanlas

My local 7-11 no longer carries any BRVO product . I asked the manager about it (just told him we loved the Slammers) and he said he did not get enough call for them at the store and each store has the authority to carry what they feel is best. Hopefully not a sign that they are not moving.  I'm in this one from .66 so needs some bounce for me!

David Randolph

This market is getting harder and harder for bulls. I made a review to all stocks previously held on the 3 Stocks on Fire Portfolio and they are breaking down badly. I'm glad I sold them !

Now, if I want to hold at least one stock at this point (with just 6.66% invested), that stock is BRVO.OB. It is technically bearish, but they all are !

At least BRVO.OB does something for the kids to drink, a market that probably doesn't depend much on the economic cycle. Also, the company is not mature, it is just starting to expand.

I will continue holding BRVO.OB for the foreseeable future.

puenthouse

Dave, i understand you have your 6% rule.  BUT
with this low price and your confidence AND the bearish market out there allowing you to sit on alot of cash, why will you not put another 6% on BRVO?  Have your honestly learned that there are no guarantees in the market?  at this price i can not help but double up bringing my purchase price from 61 to 55.  Do you not agree that bulking up on this and EYII is somewhat a safe bet if not short term, but long?
Thanks
AP
Learning from every trade.

john b mcginnis

puenthouse, that's funny you mention this, that's exactly what I did. I bought some more brvo a few days ago. And, today bought more eyii after selling oxfv.

Happy trades.

John
John

shawFund

Semi stocks are back in action today just as I expected.

Made almost $10,000 today so far.


puenthouse

Share your lessons learned please shaw, if you expected it, why did we not get a hint?
Learning from every trade.

durjoy

Shawfund did give us a little head's up-- I meant to research it today.... ;)

>>Actually the semi earnings so far are quite good such as AMD, MU, ATYT, etc.

Congrats on your 10K, Shawfund.  Now how'd you do it?

shawFund

#713
Quote from: puenthouse on October 13, 2005, 03:22:12 PM
Share your lessons learned please shaw, if you expected it, why did we not get a hint?

I mentioned it yesterday saying that the semi and NASDAQ is due for a rebound today and will do day trading for the next few days. But I forget where I put my message in.

I may start a semi tread in our member only area.

I strongly believe that AMD will go up to $30 by the year-end. I have much confidence on it.

I have been trading it for two years. I first bought it at $16.94 (1/16/2004) in my ROTH IRA account - not a good timing (bought at high).

I saw its new products and saw it becomes market leader with its 64 bit CPU at that time.
But it takes time for the company to take market share from Intel.

I predicted at the beginning of 2004 that its share price would reach $25. Its 2004 high was $24.95 (Dec 6, 2004) and I sold it at $24 9, made 41% gain. But its low was $10.90 (35% draw down).

I also predicted at the beginning of 2005 that AMD will be a $30 stock by the end of this year .
Now it is a $21 stock and has 40%+ room to reach the target.



fous

#714
What an awsome day today for BRVO technically  ;)

-Dropped below the .50-.72 trading range.

-Dropped back below the descending trenline.

-Dropped below the 200 day EMA.

-Downside breakout of a descending triangle with a projected price target of .29

Though i'll still hold this position for the long run. May be picking up some more at lower prices if it continues to drop.

Best of luck everyone,

-fousc 
trade it like you mean it!

stocky

#715
Well I may buy BRVO tomorrow. Hold some slammers for me.

A question for David or other members:

Whats the market cap for BRVO at todays closing quote?
When is the expected earnings/sales release date? OR when was the last time?

starfire

Fousc, I agree BRVO could go below 30 cents but my reasoning is from a different perspective. Essentially CCE can convert at 36 cents, 6 months from the date of closing. So keeping in mind, time value of money, investors in the conferences would want a hefty discount to 36 cents and I am thinking about 20%. That would make it about 28 cents.

David Randolph

#717
Quote from: puenthouse on October 13, 2005, 02:46:28 PM
Dave, i understand you have your 6% rule. BUT
with this low price and your confidence AND the bearish market out there allowing you to sit on alot of cash, why will you not put another 6% on BRVO? Have your honestly learned that there are no guarantees in the market? at this price i can not help but double up bringing my purchase price from 61 to 55. Do you not agree that bulking up on this and EYII is somewhat a safe bet if not short term, but long?
Thanks
AP

I can't do it. It's against the rules, and it cost me a lot to learn and have the discipline to obey those rules. And yes, there are no guarantees in the market, unfortunately.

Quote from: stocky on October 13, 2005, 10:26:34 PM
Well I may buy BRVO tomorrow. Hold some slammers for me.

A question for David or other members:

Whats the market cap for BRVO at todays closing quote?
When is the expected earnings/sales release date? OR when was the last time?

The number of shares outstanding as of August 12, 2005, is 110,256,902 (so the market cap is $53.47M). But, if CCE exercises those warrants to buy 30 million shares at $0.36, the number of shares outstanding will increase to 140,256,902, so, in that case the market cap would be 140,256,902*$0.485=$68,024,597.

I really can't understand, from a fundamental point of view, the market action. CCE now will pay BRVO $10.8M for 30 million shares, instead of $13M for 81 million shares. Unless CCE won't exercise those options, but that would be strange, given the Master Distribution Agreement signed by both companies.

QuoteWhen is the expected earnings/sales release date? OR when was the last time?

The last time was August 15th, so I expect the earnings release for the 3rd quarter to come out at about November 15th.

The technical developments today were extremely bearish for BRVO.OB, with the stock breaking down its trading range. The technical target for this breakdown is $0.28.

I won't sell it though, since I believe the company is very undervalued at this point, but I won't buy more either. That's not the way I play stocks, I always respect the market. If I broke that rule once I could do it many more times and that would lead to financial disaster in the future. Averaging down is a losers game. It can work from time to time with a specific stock, but it can't be used as a general strategy. I prefer not to use it at all, but I respect other's views.

I wish good luck to all of you holding and adding to BRVO.OB.

coolwood

Looks to me that .50 may become support again. :-\

shawFund

I may buy it for the third time around $0.45 area.

The trend is definitely bearish and the bounce is weaker than last time ($0.72 -> $0.66).

Lower low and lower high.