3StocksOnFire — US Stock Trading Community · 451+ trades · 257% returns · 15,000 members · Main Site · Trader's Guide · Articles · Video Analyses
3 Stocks On Fire
3StocksOnFire Community Forum
Home Message Boards Trader's Guide Articles Video Analysis About Us Search Register

Smack Talkin' Thread

Started by Lucas Scott, November 10, 2005, 02:29:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lucas Scott

#60
LOL!! Are you saying I should have used one of the female characters' names as my handle? :o Brooke or Haley? ;D 
GO IN THAT HOUSE OF PAIN THAT YOU SEEM TO WANT TO BE IN, BUT GET AWAY FROM ME.  I'M TRYING TO WORK, DAMMIT.

thai626

Quote from: Lucas Scott on January 25, 2006, 09:18:10 PM
Hey, let's talk some smack!  Fousc wins one little contest and he gets a big head and changes his handle to Fous?  What, he's too good to have a "C" at the end of his name now??  Is that like when Joe Theismann was at Notre Dame and changed the pronunciation of his last name from "Thees-Man" to "Thighs-Man," because it would rhyme with "Heisman"? :D 


Ya!  What's up with the name change FOUSC???  At least  "FOUSC" made some sense.............I always thought you were dyslexic or something and mispelled FOCUS.  Now that you changed your name, I can't associate it with anything  :-\

Hey.... just between me and you guys, I got this month's contest sealed.  Don't tell anyone but ASTM is headed towards $3.  Good luck!  cause you're gonna need it.
Current Holdings:  ASTM, STV, SVA, NIHK.ob

Lucas Scott

Mispelled Focus :D.  I initially thought Fousc might be a variation of Faust

Faust (foust)  also Faus·tus (fou'stəs, fô'-)
n.
A magician and alchemist in German legend who sells his soul to the devil in exchange for power and knowledge.

Maybe Fous sold his "C" to the devil in exchange for his win.

Thai - I wouldn't mind seeing you win with ASTM at $3 because I'm holding ASTM and I'm quite a bit underwater on it. Some of my shares I bought above $3. Most recently I added at $2.12.
GO IN THAT HOUSE OF PAIN THAT YOU SEEM TO WANT TO BE IN, BUT GET AWAY FROM ME.  I'M TRYING TO WORK, DAMMIT.

Lucas Scott

Quote from: thai626 on January 26, 2006, 10:55:22 PM
Hey.... just between me and you guys, I got this month's contest sealed. Don't tell anyone but ASTM is headed towards $3.

Thai, did you mean headed toward $3 with a pit stop at $1.50? ??? The numbers from the earnings release were not well received. At what price point would you do a "mon back" and add to your position?

The submissions for this edition of the contest were, in a word, dreadful. We've got twice as many 5%+ losers as we do 5%+ winners. I should've gone with a stock with a bullish setup (CUP) rather than trying to pick a bottom (WGAT). I wish the contest had started either one week earlier or one week later. If it had started a week earlier, I almost certainly would've chosen CUP. If it had started a week later, there's a good chance I would've picked PEIX. With either one I'd be in the running for the prize :-\ 

Looking forward to cache00's interview, assuming he holds on to his lead.

When does the 4th edition start??!
GO IN THAT HOUSE OF PAIN THAT YOU SEEM TO WANT TO BE IN, BUT GET AWAY FROM ME.  I'M TRYING TO WORK, DAMMIT.

ScottishTrader

Ha Ha!!! I'm catching up from behind >:D >:D >:D

Don't forget that there are still a couple more weeks of this contest left (its a long one) and there is everything to play for  - me, I'm aiming for AVNX to run to the 1.40s next week. 

And if you are winning, don't forget to book your profits, it could all go down the tubes >:D >:D >:D

but you're right Thai, a shocking number of picks in the red this month.  As a community we don't appear to be very good at this stock picking business ??? ???  But this is the problem with the markets - who in the world really knows?

thai626

Quote from: Lucas Scott on February 10, 2006, 01:09:24 PM
Thai, did you mean headed toward $3 with a pit stop at $1.50? ??? The numbers from the earnings release were not well received. At what price point would you do a "mon back" and add to your position?

When does the 4th edition start??!

You don't want to take my advice Lucas!! haha.  ASTM has been tanking drastically as of late.  I'm not sure why people are selling.......there's nothing out of the ordinary that is surprising to me in the latest earnings release.  Everyone should have known that there was no way that ASTM was going to beat earnings estimate.  That was a given.  I wasn't that surprised either that they didn't meet their earnings expectations because
1)  ASTM didn't receive as many grants as they did in previous quarters 
2)  They started more clinical trails which lead to a higher monthly burn rate
3)  hiring of new board members to board of directors

From a technical standpoint, Melf was correct when he stated that a head and shoulders pattern was forming.  I didn't want to say it in my posts cause I didn't want to see it play out.  :-\  Unfortunately it did and the double bottom pattern now becomes invalid.  Although, atleast we hit the head and shoulders target point..............so hopefully it can make a comeback soon.

All the analysts target projection still have remained in tact (average is above 4.00 except the latest target from merriman ford).  None has lowered their target that I know of so that is good news.  The past analysts target have always hit so unless they really report some devasting clinical news, I don't see any reason for this stock to not reach its target. 

Good luck everyone!

Thai
Current Holdings:  ASTM, STV, SVA, NIHK.ob

fous

My name is fous................ You all probably pronounce it as it looks. Fouwwwwwws............... nope! its pronounced foos. Not like fooz ball. But foos. Just sittin here board and drunk after a night at the bars, so i thought id fill you in since i imagine most of you were pronouncing it wrong. Especially thai626 with his DUD stock ASTM, muahahahahah! >:D

-FOOOOOOOS
trade it like you mean it!

chevy

Does anybody knows wuere is the contest's portfolio? Thanks.

chevy

Never mind. I found it. Thanks anyway.

Jimbo


Can someone tell me when does the contest finish ? Is 27th included ?

Thanks

boatguy

The way I read the rules the contest is over at the open on the 27th.

Lucas Scott

hey Jimbo - it ends Monday at the open. Looks like cache00 has it locked up unless COGO has a big gap down.

What a stinker I picked - WGAT >:( I'm embarassed and ashamed. I said it was either a triple bottom (bullish) or a descending triangle (bearish). Turned out to be the latter. Hopefully no one else touched it. I sold my own position at the open on Thursday for a severe loss.

Congrats cache00. Looking forward to reading your interview!  
GO IN THAT HOUSE OF PAIN THAT YOU SEEM TO WANT TO BE IN, BUT GET AWAY FROM ME.  I'M TRYING TO WORK, DAMMIT.

cache00

Thank you Lucas; however, this is not over yet...you never know, there is always a possibility. Good luck to all.

boatguy

Hey Cache00, nice pick!

I was surprised that you didn't close your position yesterday after the close. COGO opened 1% above RNAI and came down today a little before the rally.

Nice play, you win hands down(almost) :)

Congrats!!

chevy

I was declassified because I don't have the ten posts. But could be finishing #4 with TXCO. Nothing bad for a newbie like me. Anyway good luck to all in the next contest.