3StocksOnFire — US Stock Trading Community · 451+ trades · 257% returns · 15,000 members · Main Site · Trader's Guide · Articles · Video Analyses
3 Stocks On Fire
3StocksOnFire Community Forum
Home Message Boards Trader's Guide Articles Video Analysis About Us Search Register

News:

Welcome to 3StocksOnFire! US stock trading community (2005-2010) with 451+ documented trades and 15,000+ members. View Portfolios | Stock Articles | Quotes

Main Menu

G's Place

Started by eliteG, January 09, 2006, 12:46:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OneStockMind

Hey G. Long time no see. Very glad to see your posts every day..
I'm in AVII @ 7.95 and I told myself to get out today but I wasn't fast enough in the morning so I stayed in. Do you see a correction coming?

Also, what do you think of AVNC looking at the chart? No news yet.


nmbr1ballr

Damn SUWN dropped like 12% today.  It closed at .77.  I am hoping it will rebound tomorrow.  I have a GTC sell order at .88 which will = a 4 bagger and then invest in another stock.

eliteG

Quote from: Mo~Money on February 01, 2006, 03:48:47 PM
Hey G! Do you still like PTSC here, cuzz I just freed up some cash!!

Yo Mo, yep I still like PTSC  ;) today's consolidation day came on low volume.. it seemed organized.  I'll get a chart up before open tomorrow.

Quote from: OneStockMind on February 01, 2006, 04:11:23 PM
Hey G. Long time no see. Very glad to see your posts every day..
I'm in AVII @ 7.95 and I told myself to get out today but I wasn't fast enough in the morning so I stayed in. Do you see a correction coming?

Also, what do you think of AVNC looking at the chart? No news yet.



AVII - I dont see anything to panic about.. its had a very strong climb and its still near the high

AVNC - not seeing anything special with AVNX, if it pops that 200 with power then we'll talk

thx onestock  8)

Quote from: nmbr1ballr on February 01, 2006, 04:36:06 PM
Damn SUWN dropped like 12% today. It closed at .77. I am hoping it will rebound tomorrow. I have a GTC sell order at .88 which will = a 4 bagger and then invest in another stock.

no prob on SUWN nmbr1ballr  ;D  that is just a powerful stock.. the pullback is really tiny compared to its run so far and it found support at its 5ema(now thats strength!)  It may need to go flat and consolidate for its next attack on 1 but I think this one is very far from over, I may be jumping in again soon  ;)

JMoney

What's your take on the following charts?  8)





ELR

Hey JMo,

haven't done any TA on either, but a friend of mine has been short term trading using a P&D site called thestockster.com (mostly Nasdaq & pennies) and they reco'd ARSC two weeks ago at .08 or .10.  My buddy said they normally come out w/reco's at the first of the month and today they had: WOLV, HRAI and SIOR.  As you can see here, they are influencing quite a bit:

Symbol    Time       Trade Change % Chg   Volume   
WOLV    4:00PM ET 0.43  0.10    +30.30% 1,444,687   
HRAI.OB 3:59PM ET 0.38  0.19    +94.87% 768,712   
SIOR.OB 4:22PM ET 0.53  0.28   +112.00% 1,333,670

they provide no analysis, but is interesting.

elr

eliteG

#125
both of those came up on my scan tonight and they both seem like good entry candidates(good eye)

the following list is just a small portion of what I got in my scan.. I filtered for the ones that seem safe to enter tomorrow (some stocks in my scan "seem" to extended for safe entry)

COMS
ARSC
NXXI
PYTO

and above $5

RBAK - bullish engulfing candlestick to make 52-week high today on excellent volume.. seems very strong.. I think it'll be jumpin past 20 easy.

----------------------

PTSC - light selling today kept the candlestick within the range of the past 2 days candle (one could call this an inside day) to me this shows consolidation high up in the pattern.  When volume comes in price should expand with the powerful trend.. and that means we go up.  Of course low volume selling may still be in play.  Would love for the volume to come in weaker than even todays before expanding(leads to powerful moves).  I see 5ema @ .16, 9ema a bit below .15 Lets see what shakes  >:D


Mo~Money

#126
Stocks on my watch list for tomorrow,

HIV-potential cup and handle forming!
AMVS-looking for break of .011 and .014 (rocked towards end of day!)
VRDI-closed with a Dragonfly Doji might be worth watching!
URBT-might have found bottom.
XTHN-watch for a bounce.
HOFF-looks really solid! may not be too late.
USXP-really nailled that one :) sold @ .0018 for PTSC hope she doesn't disappoint!  >:D
QOIL-doesn't seem to have resistance until .45

Plan the trade! Trade the plan!

gmarc66

Thanks Elite for your comments on my stocks earlier ;D ;D

Well..IDWD did do very well on the news, and it may continue as the news comments on a price target on a dividend:

Wednesday, February 01 2006 10:46 AM, EST

IDS Worldwide, Inc. Increases Special Dividend Payment
IDS Updates Dividend Payment and Ex-Dividend Date
ORLANDO, FL -- (MARKET WIRE) -- 02/01/06 -- IDS Worldwide, Inc. (OTC: IDWD) today announced that IDS has determined the final valuation of the Special Dividend related to the sale of a minority interest in IDS Homeland Security Division (HLS) will be valued at $1.10. The exponential growth of the HLS Division and new technology being released this quarter for HLS Biometric Encryption technology has led to this increased valuation.

IDS previously stated its plan to pay a one time dividend with a value of between $.87 and $1.01 per share.

IDS Board of Directors will meet next week on February 8, 2006 to determine the ex-dividend date and file the necessary requirements with the NASD.


MSEV did well too on the news
MOTG has after hours news today, so keep eye on it
SUWN...is this still poised for more?
GETC...wondering if a rebound will happen soon after the run it had last week
SIOR did well too today..more?
USXP...is this going to keep moving up?

Anyway..hope all did well today...and i know u probably cleaned up as usual Elite...right on ;D

glta

julia

Lucas Scott

Man that setup on the ARSC chart last week was nice. I did a search here and it seems JMoney's post today was the first post about it. It's too bad no one spotted it 1-2 weeks ago when the chart and the volume were screaming "buy me I'm about to double" :-\

I sometimes run a scan in stockcharts to identify stocks that had volume spikes that day. I'll share the code for it here in case anyone wants to use it:

[exchange = nasdaq] or [exchange = nyse] or [exchange = amex] and [type = stock] and [volume > daily sma(10,daily volume)*2] and [daily sma(10,daily volume) > 200000] and [daily close < 35.00] and [daily close > .75] and [daily ema(9,daily close) <= daily close]

Basically, what this scan says is: Show me all (non-pink sheet) stocks that had volume today that was 2x the average of the last 10 days, that has a 10 day avg vol of 200k shares traded, that is trading between 75 cents and $35, and that closed today above its 9ema.

That's just a basic template and I modify it depending on what I'm looking for. For example, if I wanted to see more penny stocks I'd make the price range .02 - $1.00. Or if I want a smaller list of stocks to be returned, I'd narrow the price range or increase the volume parameter (i.e. only show me stocks with 3x the avg volume today). A scan like this (with a lower price parameter) would have picked up ARSC on Jan 19 and Jan 20, before the big move.
GO IN THAT HOUSE OF PAIN THAT YOU SEEM TO WANT TO BE IN, BUT GET AWAY FROM ME.  I'M TRYING TO WORK, DAMMIT.

JMoney

Keep an eye on SMTR today.




nmbr1ballr

G, SUWN is dropping quick it seems.  Should I hold and it see if it can come back or try and sell at .66?

OneStockMind

I keep lookng at CHNR and cannot believe my eyes. Will it ever stop?

eliteG

PTSC - is being pressured here  >:(.. I hate when timing is off but I'm sticking with this one as long as it keeps above the 20ema.  I feel strongly that this is the work of professionals to create panick and pick up shares as cheap as they can get them.  Deals with AMD, Intel and HP.. no way this guy stays down for long...

eliteG

Quote from: nmbr1ballr on February 02, 2006, 09:47:51 AM
G, SUWN is dropping quick it seems.  Should I hold and it see if it can come back or try and sell at .66?

My opinion is that SUWN will be back..even higher.  I would hold off but this easier to say and easier to do with a partial sell higher up  ;)

wrangler

#134
PTSC : I see it as a chance to pick up cheaper shares
Just bought more @.148
wrangler