3StocksOnFire — US Stock Trading Community · 451+ trades · 257% returns · 15,000 members · Main Site · Trader's Guide · Articles · Video Analyses
3 Stocks On Fire
3StocksOnFire Community Forum
Home Message Boards Trader's Guide Articles Video Analysis About Us Search Register

G's Place

Started by eliteG, January 09, 2006, 12:46:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

la-onda


Lucas Scott

#151
Find the big runners at the start of their runs

I was messing around in Stockcharts last night trying to create a scan that might pick up stocks that are in their early stages of a run. The holy grail of stock trading. I came up with this scan that shows some potential:

[exchange = nasdaq] or [exchange = nyse] or [exchange = amex] and [type = stock] and [daily sma(10,daily volume) > daily sma(100,daily volume)*2.5] and [daily close < daily sma(100,daily close)*2] and [daily sma(10,daily volume) > 200000] and [daily close < 35.00] and [daily close > .05] and [daily ema(9,daily close) <= daily close]

In layman's terms, the parameters are:
1. 10-day avg volume is 2.5x the 100-day avg volume (looking for influx of recent volume. The old adage: Volume precedes price)
2. last closing price is less than 2x the 100-day avg price (filter out stocks that already doubled. I want stocks that haven't run 100% already)
3. 10-day avg volume > 200k
4. price between $.05 and $35.00
5. price is above 9-day ema

In case you aren't familiar with scans in Stockcharts, you go to:
Stockcharts > Members > Create New Scan > scroll to bottom of page and click 'Advanced User Interace' and paste the above into the Scan Expression box

With this scan I got just under 100 hits. Lots of good looking stocks. I know people here at G's place are into the OTC stocks. Some of the better looking ones from my scan were:
ASXSF, CGLD, CUSIF, DHPI, HBSL, PHCHF, POSC, PTSC, PTSG, PYDS

In pursuit of the next SUWN!
Luke
GO IN THAT HOUSE OF PAIN THAT YOU SEEM TO WANT TO BE IN, BUT GET AWAY FROM ME.  I'M TRYING TO WORK, DAMMIT.

Lucas Scott

#152
QuoteCHID looks destined to rock this week!  The only thing that stopped it Friday was the 200sma

I humbly and respectfully disagree G! I think CHID just entered the Bagholder Zone of Pain (TM) on Friday. The B-ZOP is a range where the angriest bagholders bought their shares. The angriest BH's are usually the ones who bought right before or on the day of a stock plummet. I mean, if I buy a stock and two days later I'm down 50% on it, I'm pretty ticked off and will pull the trigger fast if it gets back close to my breakeven point.

Will be interesting to see how CHID fares. Was reading David's thread and it seems to have good fundamentals in its favor. No explanation as to why it dropped so far from last summer's highs though.
GO IN THAT HOUSE OF PAIN THAT YOU SEEM TO WANT TO BE IN, BUT GET AWAY FROM ME.  I'M TRYING TO WORK, DAMMIT.

wrangler

wrangler

nmbr1ballr

G, the people on ragingbull have said that SUWN is now on some SHO list.  Not sure what that is, but they believe the stock is going to drop now.  Do you know what they are talking about?

Lucas Scott

baller - the SHO list identifies stocks that are currently the victim of an abusive amount of naked short selling. Usually RagingBullers point to an appearance on the SHO list as a reason for a stock to go UP, not down. The idea being that the misbehavior has been identified and the brokers who are guilty have to correct themselves (cover their shorts by buying the stock which should cause the price to increase).

SHO List can be found here and SUWN is on it:
http://www.nasdaqtrader.com/aspx/regsho.aspx

Example of abusive naked short selling:
On Feb. 3 (2005), a man named Robert Simpson filed a Schedule 13-D with the SEC describing his purchase of 1,158,209 shares of Global Links Corp. (OTCBB: GLKCE), "constituting 100 percent of the issued and outstanding common stock of the Issuer." As described in a story that ran on FinancialWire on March 4, Simpson stuck every single share of the company in his sock drawer -- and then watched as 60 million shares traded hands over the next two days.

In other words, every single outstanding share of the company somehow changed hands nearly 60 times in the course of two days, despite the fact that the company's entire float was located in Simpson's sock drawer. In fact, even as recently as last Friday, 930,872 shares of Global Links still traded hands. If Simpson's claim that he owns all shares is accurate, that is a staggering number of phantom shares being traded around by naked short sellers.

source: http://www.fool.com/news/commentary/2005/commentary05032407.htm?source=mppromo
GO IN THAT HOUSE OF PAIN THAT YOU SEEM TO WANT TO BE IN, BUT GET AWAY FROM ME.  I'M TRYING TO WORK, DAMMIT.

eliteG

Quote from: la-onda on February 05, 2006, 02:28:49 PM
please check EZM:
http://www.3stocksonfire.org/trading/index.php?topic=4479.new#new

nice upside potential IMO

cheers
Oliver

thx for the heads up la-onda.  EZM - new stock in hot industry, strong uptrend in place but too new to have much TA data.

Quote from: Lucas Scott on February 05, 2006, 04:43:45 PM
Find the big runners at the start of their runs

I was messing around in Stockcharts last night trying to create a scan that might pick up stocks that are in their early stages of a run. The holy grail of stock trading. I came up with this scan that shows some potential:

[exchange = nasdaq] or [exchange = nyse] or [exchange = amex] and [type = stock] and [daily sma(10,daily volume) > daily sma(100,daily volume)*2.5] and [daily close < daily sma(100,daily close)*2] and [daily sma(10,daily volume) > 200000] and [daily close < 35.00] and [daily close > .05] and [daily ema(9,daily close) <= daily close]

In layman's terms, the parameters are:
1. 10-day avg volume is 2.5x the 100-day avg volume (looking for influx of recent volume. The old adage: Volume precedes price)
2. last closing price is less than 2x the 100-day avg price (filter out stocks that already doubled. I want stocks that haven't run 100% already)
3. 10-day avg volume > 200k
4. price between $.05 and $35.00
5. price is above 9-day ema

In case you aren't familiar with scans in Stockcharts, you go to:
Stockcharts > Members > Create New Scan > scroll to bottom of page and click 'Advanced User Interace' and paste the above into the Scan Expression box

With this scan I got just under 100 hits. Lots of good looking stocks. I know people here at G's place are into the OTC stocks. Some of the better looking ones from my scan were:
ASXSF, CGLD, CUSIF, DHPI, HBSL, PHCHF, POSC, PTSC, PTSG, PYDS

In pursuit of the next SUWN!
Luke

That is a great pursuit  8) and a nice scan, I'll be sure to check those out, thx Lucas  ;)

Quote from: Lucas Scott on February 05, 2006, 05:05:09 PM
QuoteCHID looks destined to rock this week!  The only thing that stopped it Friday was the 200sma

I humbly and respectfully disagree G! I think CHID just entered the Bagholder Zone of Pain (TM) on Friday. The B-ZOP is a range where the angriest bagholders bought their shares. The angriest BH's are usually the ones who bought right before or on the day of a stock plummet. I mean, if I buy a stock and two days later I'm down 50% on it, I'm pretty ticked off and will pull the trigger fast if it gets back close to my breakeven point.

Will be interesting to see how CHID fares. Was reading David's thread and it seems to have good fundamentals in its favor. No explanation as to why it dropped so far from last summer's highs though.

You dare to disagree!   >:(  lol, and you may be right on  ;) but the volume speaks a different story.. there are a lot of people "in the money" now so lets see what CHID feels like doing.  If it can cross 60 cents its a mooovin.

Quote from: wrangler on February 05, 2006, 05:09:29 PM
One more elite if you've got the time
GTCB : there was a lot of threads on iy but none was recent
http://biz.yahoo.com/bw/060109/20060109005518.html?.v=1
http://stockcharts.com/def/servlet/SC.web?c=GTCB,uu[l,a]daclyyay[dc][pb50!b200][vc60][iUb14!La12,26,9]&pref=G

Also check out institutional buying for last trading day in pie chart at bottom
http://thomson.finance.lycos.com/lycos/iwatch/cgi-bin/iw_ticker?ticker=gtcb

hey wrangler sorry its so late  :-X

GTCB - lookin good to me both long and short term.  I think its a great pick.  Goodluck and thx the heads up  ;)

Quote from: nmbr1ballr on February 05, 2006, 11:56:59 PM
G, the people on ragingbull have said that SUWN is now on some SHO list. Not sure what that is, but they believe the stock is going to drop now. Do you know what they are talking about?

Hey nmbr1ballr, Lucas has you covered on the definition.  Not sure how this will impact the stock so I stick with TA.  So SUWN is right around 9ema and still has support coming in down below from 20ema and 50sma.  :)

--------------------------
snowing in Atlanta as I write this down.. awesome  ;D

eliteG

what I like about this move by PTSC today is how many different bidders on lvlII have lifted this and all with no news that I have heard of?  >:D >:D

woohoo  ;D


eliteG

PTSC - coming up on the very important 20 cent zone.. this is where we seperate the men from the boys  ;)

basonista

Quote from: eliteG on February 06, 2006, 10:21:04 AM
PTSC - coming up on the very important 20 cent zone.. this is where we seperate the men from the boys  ;)

Looks like some of the boys chickened out but the men are holding strong. >:D

wrangler

Still holding PTSC also.As long as chart say's hold I'll hold ;D
wrangler

eliteG

Quote from: basonista on February 06, 2006, 10:42:34 AM
Quote from: eliteG on February 06, 2006, 10:21:04 AM
PTSC - coming up on the very important 20 cent zone.. this is where we seperate the men from the boys  ;)

Looks like some of the boys chickened out but the men are holding strong. >:D

exactly what it looks like to me ;)  We should get new buyers today as this is a breakout  >:D

Quote from: wrangler on February 06, 2006, 10:46:31 AM
Still holding PTSC also.As long as chart say's hold I'll hold ;D

thats what I'm following.  Chart is strong, I'm gonna go with it. 

Here is a long-term.


akclide

Hey G man,
               what do you think of fsrt.Bye the way PTSC looking better and better.

eliteG

yo ak  ;)

FSRT - I like it both long, short.  I like how it speared the 20 ema on higher volume Friday.    With that bullish candle and volume I wouldn't be surprised if it attacks the highs of this run shortly.  Thx for bringing it to my attention.   8)

eliteG

Round 3 coming up  8)