3StocksOnFire — US Stock Trading Community · 451+ trades · 257% returns · 15,000 members · Main Site · Trader's Guide · Articles · Video Analyses
3 Stocks On Fire
3StocksOnFire Community Forum
Home Message Boards Trader's Guide Articles Video Analysis About Us Search Register

VPHM - Sector: Healthcare---Industry: Biotechnology & Drugs

Started by eliteG, June 02, 2005, 08:52:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

David Randolph

Lol, very funny stuff on this thread. Well, my bid for VPHM is rising everyday, for today I have it at $9.41.

It rises $0.12 everyday, so in 10 days I'll be buying at $10.61 and in 20 days I'll be a buyer at $11.81, close to current levels.

We'll see, probably I'll just have to chase it higher  :)

David Randolph

VPHM is coming down a bit today, I have my bid at $9.42, anyone wants to sell?  ;D

usedcasting

La-onda, I don't understand the article. Please explain a little, what impact does this have.

Thanks very much.
Know when to hold'em, know when to fold'em

la-onda

to be honest, I couldn´t give your more analysis on this, I´m not familiar with this topic!
???

Michael, any idea?
;)

David Randolph

QuoteBUYINS.NET: Naked Short Web Site announces PARL, UBNK, VPHM, RCOV, VACM have also been removed from threshold lists today
Monday , August 08, 2005 10:39 ET

This means the stock has not so many shorts now, I believe. That's bearish because when there's many shorts, they will need to cover in the future and that will add demand.

My buy order for today on VPHM is at $9.53, growing a bit everyday  :o

1reilly

The naked short list identifies positions that have exceeded the settlement date of the trade. Stocks settle in three days. When you initiate a short sale you have three days to borrow the stock or deliver. Normally you can get an extension for up to ten total days. However,if you can't then you are known to be failing and the trade can be closed out by the firm where you iniated the trade . The SEC has stated that they were going to closely monitor naked shorts. Therefore the list. Why? Because a market maker, hedge fund,or individual could continue to sell stock that can't be borrowed. In some situations you can see a stock that has market positions exceeding the outstanding float. When a stock exceeds the guidelines of the naked short list it is posted. One could assume that something is amiss when the naked shorts are this high. The reason that the stock goes off this list is those short are forced to cover. unlike a settled short sale these naked shorts must cover. You can all imagine what the market would be like if a Market Maker could just continually sell you stock with out this rule. The naked short position when being reduced indicates that those sellers were forced to cover. Hope this helps.

la-onda


Michael

Quote from: David Randolph on August 09, 2005, 09:41:33 AM
My buy order for today on VPHM is at $9.53, growing a bit everyday  :o

Great news! I have done a little forecasting on VPHM and it seems like you will be a happy shareholder in April 2006. The PPS will be 30.7 (168 trading days at 0.12 per day)  ;D
Michael Bang Koenig
www.3stocksonfire.org


      Join our Message Board.

lbotez

Actually, I think VPHM will drop back close to 10 very soon.

There is a gap from 10 to 10.38 or so that needs to be filled.

Also, looks like the direction of the latest downtrend is headed that way soon. If oil is up tomorrow, then probably will see a continuation of downward movement.


Then should bounce back up for awhile... maybe to 11.50 or so.

Then down, if the wave count is correct.

la-onda

still holding  >:D

updated chart:

Ramsburg

Hello,

David left me instructions to buy back VPHM if the support was tested.

That's exactly what I'm doing right now ;)

Bought VPHM @ 9.89 for the 3 Stocks Onfire Portfolio.

The chart speaks for itself.

Best Regards,
Frederick Ramsburg
www.3stocksonfire.org

Try our Premium Service or just Register a FREE Account

Tirebldr

Man I gotta watch those lines better. Got in too early today
1500 @ 10.24
Art

Adam


Tirebldr

Man I gotta watch those lines better. Got in too early today (if you wondered why it continued dropping - Art got in !!!)  1500 @ 10.24  Down 4% already .
Another xpensive lesson ;)
Good Luck to all
Art

metro

For volatile stocks linear charts are often used as was done - this is a log chart and you can see that the trend line break would have gotten you out of the stock a few days ago.

The stock is now below the lower band so may bounce in here or look to the 50 day EMA at 9.13 which would be a nice place also.

The linear that was used will probably work out but I just wanted to point out the two variants as it is good to check them both on stocks that have had big moves. Most of the time I use log charts as they work more for the average stock or index.