3StocksOnFire — US Stock Trading Community · 451+ trades · 257% returns · 15,000 members · Main Site · Trader's Guide · Articles · Video Analyses
3 Stocks On Fire
3StocksOnFire Community Forum
Home Message Boards Trader's Guide Articles Video Analysis About Us Search Register

VPHM - Sector: Healthcare---Industry: Biotechnology & Drugs

Started by eliteG, June 02, 2005, 08:52:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

freimuch

#225
http://yahoo.brand.edgar-online.com/doctrans/finSys_main.asp?formfilename=0001193125-05-157453&nad=specifically from page 21 and on.     david theres the link for their financials hope it helps have a good morning

valueseeker

Hi Dave,

This drug represent 100% of VPHM's revenue I believe. They have a couple of other drugs in the pipe which hopefully we will get update later in the year/early next year.

A 20+% price increase should represent much greater than 20+% increase in EPS as their overhead is fixed. They have a EPS for 2005 at $0.85 (I could be off a bit) and $1+ for 2006. Before today's price increase, $11/sh only represent PE=11 for VPHM. No - I wont' sell at $13. :-)


-Valueseeker

TRUNK

somebody shoot me... I sold way to soon and only got 10.56 for my shares.. :( bad timing on this one, hopefully I'll learn from this


Terliso

I got in a little late @ 10.73 ...but dave said he won't sell at $13  :D :D :D

Se7en

I like this!!!  ;D 8) :o

Pre-Market Trade Reporting Tuesday August 16   
   
Pre-Market
Last: $12   Pre-Market
Best Bid: N/A   Pre-Market
High: $12.18
Pre-Market
Volume: 28,530   Pre-Market
Best Ask: N/A   Pre-Market
Low: $11.40

   
Pre-Market
Time (ET) Pre-Market
Price Pre-Market
Share Volume
08.08 $ 12.18 100
08.08 $ 12.18 100
08.08 $ 12.18 200
08.07 $ 12 800
08.07 $ 12 100
08.07 $ 12 100
08.07 $ 12 500
08.07 $ 12 190
08.07 $ 11.90 500
08.07 $ 11.90 500
08.07 $ 12 100
08.07 $ 12 100
08.07 $ 11.95 100
08.07 $ 11.90 300
08.07 $ 11.98 750
08.07 $ 11.90 900
08.07 $ 11.90 250
08.07 $ 11.90 100
08.07 $ 11.90 100
08.07 $ 11.85 100
08.06 $ 11.80 100
08.06 $ 11.75 176
08.06 $ 11.75 100
08.06 $ 11.75 100
08.06 $ 11.75 100
08.06 $ 11.75 100
08.06 $ 11.75 100
08.05 $ 11.90 100
08.04 $ 12 124
08.04 $ 12 200
08.04 $ 11.99 600
08.04 $ 11.99 376
08.04 $ 11.99 100
08.04 $ 11.98 2000
08.04 $ 11.99 100
08.04 $ 11.97 100
08.04 $ 11.90 300
08.04 $ 11.90 200
08.04 $ 11.90 100
08.04 $ 11.87 400
08.03 $ 11.87 200
08.03 $ 11.85 1000
08.02 $ 11.87 200
08.02 $ 11.99 800
08.02 $ 11.99 100
08.02 $ 11.99 100
08.02 $ 11.87 300
08.02 $ 11.99 100
08.02 $ 11.99 100
08.02 $ 11.99 150
Així és la Catalunya, així és el Barça! Mès que un club!!!

la-onda

up to 18$ !!1

Coverage Reit/Price Tgt Changed*    Sort Alphabetically | Sort by Broker

ViroPharma    VPHM    Piper Jaffray    Outperform    $16 » $18

http://www.briefing.com/Silver/Calendars/UpgradesDowngrades.htm

defenderyou

#231
 :)

Just want to thank the group on VPHM. HAas been on my watch list for some time; As I am a new bie to the sevrvice, when I got the signal I bought 5k shares at 10. Just sold them for quick profit today at 13.07. With reconsideration may have been a bad decision as the old high of 13.33 looks ready to fall now. I am most grateful but never get greedy with a 30% gain in two days!

Well, as I saw VPHM break out to new highs (above 13.33 I think) and got up to 13.80+; I waited for a correction to re-enter. So I re-entered at 13.25 replacing the 5k shares I sold at 13.07 this am. Glad I did as we close at 14.24 or thereabouts. No I am holding. Got a chance to correct my mistake and took that chance when it came.

Thanks to the service once again for being the catalyst for me to get in.

Defenderyou

Se7en

#232
13.39$ now ... :o :o :o

What's the plan? Let it run?!  ;D
Així és la Catalunya, així és el Barça! Mès que un club!!!

fshami

I own 20k of VPHM at around 12. Sold 10K at 13.25 and I will keep the other 10K for the ride to 20-25

Did you see the great short report on CNBC:  Vphm is  a cash cow. WOW ::)

Thanks

F

Se7en

14.24$  :o ;D
Nice call guys, curious what David has to say about it! :)


Some articles:

ViroPharma's 'Unparalleled Cash Flow'
http://www.forbes.com/markets/2005/08/16/viropharma-biotechnology-earnings-0816markets16.html?partner=yahootix

ViroPharma shares surge on drug pricing increase
http://yahoo.reuters.com/financeQuoteCompanyNewsArticle.jhtml?duid=mtfh26591_2005-08-16_17-37-13_n16160080_newsml

Market Pulse: ViroPharma shares surge on Vancocin price increase
http://biz.yahoo.com/cbsmb/050816/6be4d9221855439b8008525e96612adf.html?.v=1

ViroPharma Jumps on Antibiotic Price Hike; Analysts See Little Resistance From Wholesalers
http://biz.yahoo.com/ap/050816/viropharma_mover.html?.v=1


Així és la Catalunya, així és el Barça! Mès que un club!!!

eld2soon

Strange that with all the news out about VPHM  no one
mentions their drug Pleconaril. (From a poster on the Yahoo VPHM    mb.)

From the Newsweek June 6 issue:

(The article tells about a class of WIN drugs that fights the rhinovirus, giving
hope of a cure for the common cold.)  Closing statements:

But no one has tried WIN compounds on a large scale yet. One called Pleconaril seemed promising a few years ago. then the FDA shot it down,***BUT NOT BECAUSE IT DIDN'T WORK***; it interfered with hormonal birth control. ViroPharma, the maker, is working on a new nasal form. If its mostly free of side effects, it could be on shelves by  2006 (last of this year?). Rhinoviruses, consider this a fair warning! (End)   

If the FDA would give approval this might gap $50!

I note that this stock is strongly bought by insiders.

David Randolph

Awesome move from VPHM today. With the Dow down 120 points and the Nasdaq Composite down 30 points, VPHM shoot 30% higher on the second largest volume day in the company's stock market history, which goes way back to 1996.

Even if I wanted I couldn't think of a more bullish chart than the one VPHM has. The stock closed the gap at $12.32 and I sold there, then it had a consolidation phase and a correction down to the ascending support (I bought back the stock at that level), and now completely took out the resistance level to close at another 52 week high.

I see analysts raising their estimates and price targets across the board. One of them rose the price target from $16 to $18.

I'm not on that field, I'm more of a technician than a fundamental analyst, and VPHM lets you dream. A true undervalued biotech company with solid revenue and earnings growth (don't forget the astonishing pricing power) still has a lot of speculative power from other drugs getting FDA approval.

But, wait, what am I doing, didn't I say I was a technician? So, I'll just close my eyes and admire the chart. What do I see? A gap filler, VPHM is filling all those opened gaps from the past.

And the next one will only be filled at $48 a share  :o That's my price target, not $18, but $48.

This is not greed, you just have to take all you can from these big winners, those are the stocks that may put your performance head and shoulders above everyone else, above 50% a year, consistently. Cutting profits short is as disastrous to long term performance as letting  losses grow.

Good luck for those holding VPHM, always hope your profits will grow more !


imvirginot

Now thats what l call a chart, bought at9.85 on Fri, closed at 14.25 today, in the am it is up to 14.70 what a great find.
Thanks guys,
Virg

tommyt

#238
$48??????...Holy Shit!

I'm sorry, I...., 48?

I'm in, I'm in, I'm sorry...I don't normally swear. I hope my kids didn't hear me.  I am 3000 long @ 8.00. This is why I'm here, this is great..if you take this to 48 you're gonna get one hell of a Christmas present. Let' all go to Vegas for a new year's bash.

basonista

Haha, tommyt, you crack me up! ;D

Got in a little late - couldn't sell anything when it dropped below 10 but better late than never!  If this goes to $48 and ELN closes it's big gap at $26, Christmas won't be bad here either. ;)