3StocksOnFire — US Stock Trading Community · 451+ trades · 257% returns · 15,000 members · Main Site · Trader's Guide · Articles · Video Analyses
3 Stocks On Fire
3StocksOnFire Community Forum
Home Message Boards Trader's Guide Articles Video Analysis About Us Search Register

VPHM - Sector: Healthcare---Industry: Biotechnology & Drugs

Started by eliteG, June 02, 2005, 08:52:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ncham

argh! what happened here?? i thought we had at least $25 in the bag.

setravis

Quote from: ncham on November 09, 2005, 10:20:35 AM
argh! what happened here?? i thought we had at least $25 in the bag.

I made money on it before when it was bouncing around under $5.00 I don't think it makes much difference if you got in early or more recently. You are still going to make money on this one, IMHO.Some of the fever on this one will boil off in a few days
The market is entirely emotional, and when people see profits slipping away they do a trigger pull reaction and sell to preserve profits. So it will retrace as it has before, stabilize, then go up again. Patience will pay off on this one. All this is just IMHO.

Biotechnology socks with good looking accelerating charts.
REGN
VRTX
VPHM
HEB
GNBT
"Success loves to hide behind challenges.
Embrace the challenge, enjoy the journey."

Do your own DD and invest based on your DD, not mine !

Semper Fi
S.E.Travis

brandyjoco

I am still waiting for that $25   ARGH....

It will come but I hate being patient!
Brandyjoco

ncham

i'm hoping it's just closing that gap and getting ready to run higher. bought a little more at 21.86.

ncham

not sure why this didn't make any other news services:

8:30 AM 11/8/05 Piper Jaffray lifts ViroPharma price target to $28 - MarketWatch

ncham

Quote from: ncham on November 09, 2005, 04:25:18 PM
i'm hoping it's just closing that gap and getting ready to run higher. bought a little more at 21.86.

great timing on my part - it just dumped AH!

ncham

anyone watching this? wtf happened??

ncham

#412
13G filed - not sure how to read these. 2nd largest holder sold 1.4 mil shares or has 1.4 mil left?? not sure what to do here

ncham

had to sell. i dont know what is going on but it cant be good.

valueseeker

Hi Tommy,

Deal fail to close due to various reasons. I am sure whichever company that did not reach the deal must be kicking itself right now. We all know how long it takes competition from pre-clinical to phase I/II/III.

Let's look at the institutional ownership, I checked at couple of days ago which was 47.2%, today it stands 49%, about 7% increase from a couple of weeks ago.


-Louis

brandyjoco

I am a VPHM long - today was very disappointing.  This same thing happened last August. The stock's fundamentals are soooo strong.  Why isn't it going up ?
Brandyjoco

SmartWrasse

It probably was the article listed above that caused the selling.  I also agree that it will be years before a generic will be produced.  The sell of is an over-reaction, but that is the market.

SmartWrasse

#417
Unreal how easy it is to screw stock holders.  50 dma is around 19, right? 

Now I will have to watch closely one of the few stocks I thought I could hold.

Chart shows lots of support this am.


ncham

wow. i dont think anyone expected this.