3StocksOnFire — US Stock Trading Community · 451+ trades · 257% returns · 15,000 members · Main Site · Trader's Guide · Articles · Video Analyses
3 Stocks On Fire
3StocksOnFire Community Forum
Home Message Boards Trader's Guide Articles Video Analysis About Us Search Register

SOFO

Started by MoabHQ, March 10, 2006, 11:45:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MoabHQ

For 3SOF ConsiderationSOFO

Forward looking reported to break even this year...  increase in volume, inside buying and now today a large buy at 1.42? News next Wednesday?
Looks Like a Swing Trading Candidate?
http://stockcharts.com/h-sc/ui?c=sofo

Personal Note:
Long Term Investor - @ $3.06
Short Term - $1.20 2 Weeks Ago


wrangler

Wanted to make everybody aware of this stock. Bought today @1.50. It is three day's over the 200 day MA and MACD crossover of the MA and just crossed over centerline with 4.2 million shares traded. I will be looking to buy more on Monday.
• Sonic Foundry Seeks Entries for Annual Rich Media Impact Awards
PR Newswire (Thu, Mar 2) 
• Sunnybrook and Women's College Health Sciences Centre Taps Mediasite to Build Canada's First Web-Based, Multimedia Clinical Library
CNW Group (Tue, Feb 28) 
• Sonic Foundry Partners With Blackboard to Integrate Mediasite With a Leading Course Management System
PR Newswire (Tue, Feb 28) 
• Sonic Foundry CEO Shares His Vision on the Future Direction of Information Technology at Fusion 2006
PR Newswire (Fri, Feb 24) 
• Sunnybrook and Women's College Health Sciences Centre Taps Mediasite to Build Canada's First Web-Based, Multimedia Clinical Library
PR Newswire (Wed, Feb 22) 
wrangler

wrangler

Hi MoabHQ
Didn't know you had thread started on SOFO when I started one but if you look at time and date of each thread, maybe it didn't show up yet. Anyway I did a search and you'rs didn't come up.
Applaud to you for this pick.
I bought this stock on Friday , you might want to check out the thread I started to see it but from here on I'll use this thread to post since it was started first.

OK,all that said I want to comment on SOFO. Sometimes the strongest breakouts come from those that clear multi-year patterns. You will see in chart att. that the downtrend has been broken that had formed for at least two years and is now starting to test major resistance areas and has already passed two or three of them and next major resistance is 1.80. The chart will fully show. I'm looking for this to come back into the 2.00 area where it was at two years ago. This is a weekly chart.
Goodluck trading to all :)
wrangler

MoabHQ

Thanks Wrangler!
Looks like the  Yahoo SOFO Message Board is picking up volume
that is always a good sign. I'm planning another buy on a pullback.
Thanks!
-MB

wrangler

Hi MoabHQ
Message boards is ok to read but don't base you're buy and sell decisions on them. Those boards come with a lot of pumpers and dumpers just looking for the next trader that they can suck their money from them.
Learn to use the chart's,,volume,,major news annoucement's,,past earning's,,insider buying and site's that can back up what they preach like 3stocksonfire and you will make more gains then using message boards.
Have you bought SOFO.
I was going to buy more but have decided to buy CHMS or NWLS on monday. You might want to check them out if you're looking to buy.
Goodluck trading :)
wrangler

gambler2075

This should be interesting to watch... One of the top two traders on my board called this at 1.42... I was tempted to take a position but ended up just watching.

good luck!
g

**************************************************************************
SOFO 1 million share buy
« Start of topic   « Older   Messages 1 - 5 of 5   Newer »   End of topic » 
Fixed font - Proportional font 


  1 From:  [email protected] - view profile
Date:  Fri, Mar 10 2006 10:12 am 
Email:   "[email protected]" <[email protected]>
Not yet ratedRating:   
show options 


Reply | Reply to Author | Forward | Print | Individual Message | Show original | Report Abuse | Find messages by this author 


Watch it.

Bought 10k at $1.42.


Welsh


Reply     Rate this post:  Text for clearing space

             
     

  2 From:  [email protected] - view profile
Date:  Fri, Mar 10 2006 3:12 pm 
Email:   "[email protected]" <[email protected]>
Not yet ratedRating:   
show options 


Reply | Reply to Author | Forward | Print | Individual Message | Show original | Report Abuse | Find messages by this author 


Sold at $1.62.  Nice.

Welsh




YUNUS

Hi

Can any1 show me how to participate on Yahoo Msg Boards?
I need help.. :)

Bye
YUNUS

wrangler

Pre-market trading @1.66 so far ;)
wrangler

wrangler

Pre-Market
Time (ET) Pre-Market
Price Pre-Market
Share Volume
08:53   $ 1.62  1,500
08:51   $ 1.63  1,000
08:51   $ 1.62  400
08:48   $ 1.65  2,000
08:47   $ 1.65  1,155
08:47   $ 1.65  1,000
08:41   $ 1.66  955
08:40   $ 1.68  2,000
08:39   $ 1.68  900
08:39   $ 1.68  100
08:35   $ 1.68  400
08:35   $ 1.68  350
08:34   $ 1.66  300
08:34   $ 1.66  300
08:22   $ 1.66  1,000
08:22   $ 1.66  400
08:08   $ 1.66  275
08:06   $ 1.66  1,000
08:06   $ 1.66  1,000
08:00   $ 1.66  100



 



1
wrangler

gambler2075

Quote from: YUNUS on March 13, 2006, 12:28:55 AM
Hi

Can any1 show me how to participate on Yahoo Msg Boards?
I need help.. :)

Bye
YUNUS

Just go to finance.yahoo.com, type in a stock name, and click on "Message boards".

My group isn't on the yahoo MB because they have become overrun by bashers and pumpers... We took it private because then we could keep the board from random pumpers who would always show up.

Used to be the old airt board:

http://finance.yahoo.com/q/mb?s=AIRT

Check back on the mb around nov 05 and before... as I've said on my thread in the 1,000,000 board, I post some of their picks and some of mine. I try to delineate which is which. The navr pick is my own...

g

beroznikmal

I'm in at $1.48 good luck all longs....
Up and down it goes, where it ends nobody knows....Or do we.....;)

wrangler

#11
SOFO : looks very good as a possible major breakout. I will hold this stock while chart keeps confirming the breakout and will keep thread up to date.
Posted new chart with TA shown on it. Do you're own TA before ever buying or selling any stock and base you're decision to enter based on you're risk/reward that you're willing to take on any trade.
Never blame anybody else for you're own mistake's of not entering a winning trade or exiting a loosing position that you may be in. Alway's be willing to take you're own blame for the decision that you make when trading.
Learn from you're looser's and gain from you're winner's
Goodluck trading to all :) 
wrangler

beroznikmal

That was good TA, id like to add that the stock retraced 50% today.... it may go to 61% but if tomorrow os a bullish day,  I think we will all have a big smile....

Later...
B
Up and down it goes, where it ends nobody knows....Or do we.....;)

wrangler

Hi beroznikmal
Yes, that would be great if the run continued tomorrow but usually a stock will pull back and consolidate after a big day run. Wed. will tell the big story and I;m thinking it will be a positive meeting with all the buying and volume that's been coming in.
Sonic Foundry to Host Shareholders Meeting Wednesday, March 15, 2006
PR Newswire (Mon 6:45am) 
Hope we both have the best of luck with it and I'm planning on holding till after meeting at least and see which way this run will head and be ready to sell if it's not good.
wrangler

YUNUS

Hi Gambler

Thank you fr yr guidance & ling to Yahoo MBs

Bye
YUNUS