3StocksOnFire — US Stock Trading Community · 451+ trades · 257% returns · 15,000 members · Main Site · Trader's Guide · Articles · Video Analyses
3 Stocks On Fire
3StocksOnFire Community Forum
Home Message Boards Trader's Guide Articles Video Analysis About Us Search Register

News:

Welcome to 3StocksOnFire! US stock trading community (2005-2010) with 451+ documented trades and 15,000+ members. View Portfolios | Stock Articles | Quotes

Main Menu

ZVUE

Started by kslifka, November 15, 2006, 01:10:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kslifka

Wow.   :o :oI got in ZVUE early this morning at 2.15...but sold too early at 3.90...I guess.

REALDEALS21

Nice trading !!  ;D Wish I got in  >:(

ScottishTrader

Yeah, I just rode some from 4.20 to 4.75 in about 5 minutes!!  Whew!!!  And it just keeps on going!

cgill

HandHeld Entertainment Acquires Dorks.com, a Fast-Growing Web Site Full of Hilarious Videos Attracting Up To 1 Million Unique Visitors per Month
Tuesday November 14, 3:01 pm ET 
Dorks.com Purchase Puts HandHeld Entertainment in the Middle of the User-Generated Content Category and is Expected to Help HandHeld Entertainment Boost Both Its Online and ZVUE Portable Video Player Revenue


SAN FRANCISCO & SEATTLE--(BUSINESS WIRE)--HandHeld Entertainment(TM) (NASDAQ:ZVUE - News; NASDAQ:ZVUEW - News) today announced the acquisition of Dorks.com for $1.5 million ($500,000 in cash and a five year $1 million note convertible to common stock).
ADVERTISEMENT


A rapidly growing, leading aggregator of user-generated content, Dorks.com attracts as many as 1 million unique visitors each month.

"With our purchase of Dorks.com, HandHeld Entertainment is jumping into one of the fastest-growing segments in the entertainment world," said Jeff Oscodar, president and chief executive officer of HandHeld Entertainment. "In less than 12 months, Dorks.com has become one of the leading destinations on the Web for the hilarious videos loved by viewers of all ages. This acquisition also adds considerable strength to our overall online offering, which can be viewed on PCs as well as portable video players (PVPs). Our ZVUE(TM) users, as well as users of other PVPs, will especially enjoy sharing Dorks.com videos with their friends on their ZVUEs or other PVPs.

"We are very excited about the prospect of cross selling our large and growing library of commercial content into Dorks' large and growing user base. Doing so effectively should increase both our revenue and our traffic. Few if any companies provide both user generated and commercial content."

Launched in November 2005, Dorks.com generates more than 110,000 unique page views each day and attracted more than 850,000 unique visitors in October, with a high of 1 million unique visitors in May 2006. Individuals from all over the world have submitted videos to Dorks.com via the submit page at http://www.dorks.com/templates/view.php?go=submit in an attempt to win a monthly cash prize for the top video of the month.

Some of the most popular videos on Dorks.com include

The cutest kitten falling asleep at http://dorks.com/html/Cutest-Kitten-Falling-Asleep.html;
The eBay song at http://dorks.com/html/Ebay-Song.html;
Little Superstar is Back (of Kollywood fame) at http://dorks.com/html/Little-Superstar-is-Back.html,
McDonald's Order Song at http://www.dorks.com/html/McDonalds-Order-Song.html, and
Special Mother's Day (from Barats & Bereta) at http://dorks.com/html/Special-Mothers-Day.html, among others.
"I started Dorks.com because I couldn't find what I was looking for on the 'Net - crazy, fun, videos that made me laugh, without all the violence of other sites," said John Kowal, King Dork of Dorks.com. "And apparently I wasn't alone in that desire. Becoming a part of HandHeld Entertainment makes sense for Dorks.com and any Webmaster. It opens a whole new segment of portable video players to our audiences as well as allows us, as single Webmasters, the resources that HandHeld Entertainment can provide, including access to a huge library of commercial titles, an incredible management team, an amazingly talented staff, and even a water cooler which is more than I have now."

"Sometimes you want to be able to use your PVP to share great humor with your friends. Now, you can pull out your PVP and say to your friends, 'Hey, watch this,' as you show them 'Special Mothers Day' or the latest SONY/BMG music video," Oscodar said. "We believe that you should be able to watch such videos on any PVP, not just our ZVUE brand player. And we think that by adding Dorks.com to our roster we'll be able to attract more attention from PVP owners around the world, drive more traffic to ZVUE.com and Dorks.com and also increase sales of ZVUE players as well."

About the ZVUE

Available today in more than 1,800 Wal-Mart stores throughout the United States, as well as online at such locations as Amazon.com, the $99 (US) ZVUE plays videos and MP3 files available from the ZVUE.com download store and also allows users to view digital pictures from a digital camera or home video from a camcorder. The ZVUE offers full-color video and clear audio sound that gives users a robust, on-the-go digital experience when coupled with downloadable content from the ZVUE Web site.

About HandHeld Entertainment, Inc.

With shares and units of its common stock available for purchase on the NASDAQ Capital Market (ZVUE, ZVUEW) and Boston Stock Market (HDE, HDEW), HandHeld Entertainment is a digital-media-to-go company with a family of mass-market portable media players priced at mass-market prices as well as its own online video content store. Its ZVUE portable media players are available for purchase online and in retail locations across the U.S., while portable video lovers can visit HandHeld Entertainment's video content store at www.zvue.com to buy pay-per-download videos or download thousands of free media titles. For more information, visit www.hheld.com or call 415-495-6470.

HandHeld Entertainment, ZVUE and ZVUE.com are trademarks of HandHeld Entertainment. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

"Safe Harbor" Statement Under the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995

This release contains forward-looking statements. To the extent that any statements made in this release contain information that is not historical, these statements are forward-looking. These statements are subject to risks and uncertainties that cannot be predicted or quantified and, consequently, actual results may differ materially from those expressed or implied by these forward-looking statements. These risks and uncertainties include, without limitation: HandHeld Entertainment's dependence on contract manufacturing of its products; its reliance on a single major mass-market retailer; its ability to develop and market successfully and in a timely manner new products and services; its ability to predict market demand for, and gain market acceptance of, its products and services; the impact of competitive products and services and of alternative technological advances; its ability to raise additional capital to finance its activities; its limited and unprofitable operating history; its ability to operate as a public company; its ability to reduce product return rates; the affect of inventory and price protections required by major retailers; the availability and affordability of digital media content; its ability to protect its proprietary information and to avoid infringement of others' proprietary rights; its ability to attract and retain qualified senior management and research and development personnel; the reliability and security of its information systems and networks; and other factors described in HandHeld Entertainment's filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission, including Annual Reports on Form 10-KSB, Quarterly Reports on Form 10-QSB and Current Reports on Form 8-K. These forward-looking statements are made as of the date hereof. HandHeld Entertainment does not undertake any obligation to publicly update any forward-looking statements. As a result, investors should not place undue reliance on these forward-looking statements.



REALDEALS21

Today was the biggest volume for all time for the stock and it passed $6. This should be a good stock to own as a trade in the future after the dust settles.  ;)

Samantha Stephens

Oh boogly moogly!!!! How did you find this fabulous stock?
Samantha
Please don't drink and trade...
Sponsored by: CBOE, NYMX, AMX, NADQ ...

Cheers!

ScottishTrader

Absolutely bonkers  :o :o :o :o ::) ::) ::) ::)

Now I feel a fool for only riding it for a 15% gain in the middle!!!  That end of day rally is just insane and I have absolutely no idea where this will go, but it certainly made some people's year today!!!  I guess christmass just came early  :D

Just take a look at the intraday chart - a spectacle of insane bullishness.  As for tomorrow, who nows it could be at $9!!!!  (seriously though, I think this will be a VERY dangerous stock tomorrow...)

gmarc66

Hey cgill...sorry, but this stock doenst belong here...has to be on the OTC or pinks only.

But, man...was this a beauty or what...i watched it bounce like a yoyo and keep skyrocketing...too bad i didnt play it.

pretty.

kslifka

Absolutely nutty. :o :o

ZVUE showed up on my screener yesterday before the close...as do many stocks.  This morning it showed up again before the open.  That's when I jumped in at 2.15.  I actually had another order to buy at 2.08 on a pullback that never got filled. 

I've found many runners this way by watching after/before hours.  Obviously ZVUE outperformed my expectations... >:D

rurouni

Quote from: kslifka on November 15, 2006, 04:23:24 PM
Absolutely nutty. :o :o

ZVUE showed up on my screener yesterday before the close...as do many stocks.  This morning it showed up again before the open.  That's when I jumped in at 2.15.  I actually had another order to buy at 2.08 on a pullback that never got filled. 

I've found many runners this way by watching after/before hours.  Obviously ZVUE outperformed my expectations... >:D

Hi kslifka, I am wondering what screener do you use that can feed after/pre-market trades and where can I get one?  Thanks.

kslifka

Quote from: rurouni on November 15, 2006, 04:47:52 PM
Quote from: kslifka on November 15, 2006, 04:23:24 PM
Absolutely nutty. :o :o

ZVUE showed up on my screener yesterday before the close...as do many stocks.  This morning it showed up again before the open.  That's when I jumped in at 2.15.  I actually had another order to buy at 2.08 on a pullback that never got filled. 

I've found many runners this way by watching after/before hours.  Obviously ZVUE outperformed my expectations... >:D

Hi kslifka, I am wondering what screener do you use that can feed after/pre-market trades and where can I get one?  Thanks.

I Have ameritrade and look at the real-time 1 minute most active Nasdaq trades.  I use this for OTC stocks set to 10-minute most active.

peter333

Good to know ameritrade has this feature. Does anywhere else also provide such real-time data? anybody know?

rurouni

Quote from: kslifka on November 15, 2006, 05:47:29 PM
I Have ameritrade and look at the real-time 1 minute most active Nasdaq trades.  I use this for OTC stocks set to 10-minute most active.

Thanks for clearing that up.  It is too bad I am not with Ameritrade.  :(

kslifka

ZVUE should have more good days ahead.

The fib retracements are 50% at $4 and 61.8% at $3.29.

Interesting the inflection point from yesterday is around $4.  I'll look for a possibility at $4 if ZVUE bounces of that level.

Samantha Stephens

FYI - ZVUE plunged 20% to $4.88 per share after announcement that additional 3.2 million shares would become free trading, adding total floating shares to 6.3 million.

So are you still thinking $4 as an entry?
-Kim
Please don't drink and trade...
Sponsored by: CBOE, NYMX, AMX, NADQ ...

Cheers!