3StocksOnFire — US Stock Trading Community · 451+ trades · 257% returns · 15,000 members · Main Site · Trader's Guide · Articles · Video Analyses
3 Stocks On Fire
3StocksOnFire Community Forum
Home Message Boards Trader's Guide Articles Video Analysis About Us Search Register

Session of 01/23/2007

Started by David Randolph, January 23, 2007, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nutsterrt

I'm with cumulina on DSTI...great short-term play if you ask me, especially considering the effect the State of the Union discussion may have on alternative energy plays tomorrow.

nutsterrt

Oh, and consider BFLY for 3SOF ;D  Looks like it's rebounding a little here.

David Randolph

UMC 3 minute look:

http://video.google.com/googleplayer.swf?docId=1220989451668393434&hl=en

UMC is a $12 B plus market cap company, we're looking for smaller companies for some fast moving trades. The intraday momentum looks great, lots of volume and price appreciation, but I also see overhead resistance around $3.80 - $3.90.

Good luck boatguy, your hand is hot >:D

WallStreetnBio

I like BFLY...what do you think of TGC for 3SOF
#1  CDS
#2  XING

David Randolph

Quote from: mbaugh on January 23, 2007, 09:53:22 AM
CFCJ

CFCJ is a Pink Sheet mbaugh, I'm sorry but we don't accept PK's, just NYSE, Nasdaq, AMEX and OTCBB, as you can read on the 3 SOF Portfolio FAQ (but good luck on that one)

Also I would appreciate everybody to put the .OB if it's an OTCBB traded stock.

Thanks :)

David Randolph

AMEP.OB 3 minute look:

http://video.google.com/googleplayer.swf?docId=-1676364778808604933&hl=en

AMEP.OB's land is valued at $20.9 M on the balance sheet, the current market cap is about $30 M and the company has no operations now.

Unless there's news I don't see it being on fire. Volume is very low lately, impossible to buy any position, even for the tiny 3 Stocks on Fire Portfolio, because liquidity in dollar terms is extremely low.

paulsaini


dcrlin

David,

Are you going to post update chart for AAGH.OB and HGR before you sell?  or  when to sell 3SOF?

Thanks.

dcrlin

BigSully1


David Randolph

AAGH.OB sold @ $0.147.

I think it can go as high as $0.16, but I don't want to be greedy. 40% profit on the trade.

The thing is, during the night, I read the 10-Q of the company and found out that the CEO has 500,000 preferred shares that are convertible to 100,000,000 common shares of AAGH.OB. This makes AAGH's common shares a worthless piece of paper, the CEO will always own the company, no matter how many common shares we buy.

RJT

What do you think about TRMM?

David Randolph

NXXI 3 minute look:

http://video.google.com/googleplayer.swf?docId=-7006086083810127877&hl=en

I have an hard time analyzing biotech stocks, but NNXI looks really interesting, because it has some significant sales and the news today seems huge. But still, it is trading much below the open, although it is still up 19% (this means it is losing some momentum throughout the day).

I wonder if this news was expected or not, if someone could give me an hand on NXXI ... it might be a great pick, let's gather some more information as the session goes.

Thanks for the tip ;)

David Randolph

Quote from: dcrlin on January 23, 2007, 10:59:54 AM
David,

Are you going to post update chart for AAGH.OB and HGR before you sell?  or  when to sell 3SOF?

Thanks.

dcrlin

Just seconds after I sell the stock I post it on the "Trades" thread, on the 3 Stocks on Fire Portfolio page and on this thread as you can see above. It's impossible to pre-plan these trades (like we do for the Main Portfolio) because there's intraday information involved in the decision making process.

Thanks for the question, if you have some more, visit the 3 Stocks on Fire Portfolio FAQ section.

nica33

What about PTNR   ;).

Thanks Dave!!
Keep it simple !!

tokyopua

Financials look weak, but the stock is on fire since yesterday, HBSC.OB
Chance favors the prepared mind