3StocksOnFire — US Stock Trading Community · 451+ trades · 257% returns · 15,000 members · Main Site · Trader's Guide · Articles · Video Analyses
3 Stocks On Fire
3StocksOnFire Community Forum
Home Message Boards Trader's Guide Articles Video Analysis About Us Search Register

News:

Welcome to 3StocksOnFire! US stock trading community (2005-2010) with 451+ documented trades and 15,000+ members. View Portfolios | Stock Articles | Quotes

Main Menu

Session of 01/23/2007

Started by David Randolph, January 23, 2007, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quilan

GSCT IS REALLY LOOKING GOOD!

David Randolph

TRMM 3 minute look:

http://video.google.com/googleplayer.swf?docId=-2480913674700024012&hl=en

The chart shows a huge decline from $25 to about $2, so perhaps it is interesting for bottom fishers, but not for me, not for this Portfolio, just 17,000 shares changing hands when I looked at it.

Thanks anyway, good luck !

David Randolph

HBSC.OB 3 minute look:

http://video.google.com/googleplayer.swf?docId=4516947586808130578&hl=en

Up 37.5% already on today's session, so perhaps the news is already priced in. Technically it is banging on the 200 days, so there's high risk here, the stock can fall down 50% without prior notice.

I'll pass, thanks anyway tokyopua :)

kslifka

ATVE.ob

Not really on fire today...but moving up nicely the past week.

David Randolph

#49
CPE 3 minute look:



Not on fire today, but it certainly looks cheap, as most oil related companies do. I'm neutral on the oil price going forward, I believe supply and demand are equally balanced, so, I don't see much fundamental risk or potential here.

bjc


nica33

Can you take a look to CBLI...?
Keep it simple !!

David Randolph

XNL 3 minute look:

http://video.google.com/googleplayer.swf?docId=6388141063445659557&hl=en

Everything ethanol related is up today, on a buy the rumor, sell the news type of trade. I just bought XNL for the 3 Stocks on Fire Portfolio @ $3.16.

I'll probably sell it at tomorrow's open, nevermind the price.

The Portfolio is full invested now, so the competitive process will start.

Again, thanks for your participation :)

David Randolph

#53
I'm running behind requests now, so I'll lock the board for some time as I try to catch up. I still have the following to cover today:

- NTMD
- HOLL
- ESLR
- ARSC
- GSCT
- ATVE.OB
- IMOS
- CBLI

Michael

#54
Hi David,

You asked for my comment on NXXI so please allow for a 3 sec. non video fundamental view.

My main concern is that NXXI is not a pharmaceutical company in the classical sense and selenium yeast is not a patented drug.

A lot of companies are supplying selenium yeast so even though I am sure the news today will benefit NXXI the effect might not be as large as the initial reaction to the news seems to indicate. That is probably why the stock fell back. People who are more familiar with the company saw a good chance to sell.

However your entrance point might be attractive.

The 3 sec. is over and I could be very wrong. I will have a deeper look but this thread is not for deep thoughts  ;)
Michael Bang Koenig
www.3stocksonfire.org


      Join our Message Board.

David Randolph

Thanks a lot for your view on NXXI Michael, I really should keep away from biotech/pharmaceutical companies, since they require a different level of expertise or method.

But still, they seem as such an important part of the market that I really need to learn how to study them. On another thread (one that allows for deeper thoughts ;D), I'll ask for your help about developing a method to cover biotech stocks.

Let's see how the stock plays out until the end of the session, not selling today anyway, as I'm not looking to make any day trades (because I don't like it and because of that stupid pattern day trader rule).

Again, thanks a lot for your help Michael :)


David Randolph

#56
NTMD 3 minute look:

http://video.google.com/googleplayer.swf?docId=-5463658420673879537&hl=en

NTMD is a biotech stock, so I urge you not to pay much attention to what I say about it. The chart looks cool, above the 50 days SMA now, and I don't know anything more about it.

Good luck :)

David Randolph

HOLL 3 minute look:

http://video.google.com/googleplayer.swf?docId=-6250655569375081562&hl=en

HOLL isn't interesting from a technical standpoint, but perhaps it can be from a fundamental one. Yet, I couldn't see its attractiveness on this 3 minute look.

I don't know why you like it, but good luck :)

David Randolph

ESLR 3 minute look:

http://video.google.com/googleplayer.swf?docId=-3635613112452182751&hl=en

Nice technical breakout today, but after all this short term interest on alternative energy passes, fundamentals says it will break down to new lows below $7.

ESLR looks overvalued now.

David Randolph

ARSC.OB 3 minute look:

http://video.google.com/googleplayer.swf?docId=120538561280720368&hl=en

This is a tiny company with lousy fundamentals, losing more than its market cap each quarter. When today's excitement about alternative energy plays goes away, I guess ARSC.OB will just lay down and die, unfortunately.