3StocksOnFire — US Stock Trading Community · 451+ trades · 257% returns · 15,000 members · Main Site · Trader's Guide · Articles · Video Analyses
3 Stocks On Fire
3StocksOnFire Community Forum
Home Message Boards Trader's Guide Articles Video Analysis About Us Search Register

News:

Welcome to 3StocksOnFire! US stock trading community (2005-2010) with 451+ documented trades and 15,000+ members. View Portfolios | Stock Articles | Quotes

Main Menu

VPHM - Sector: Healthcare---Industry: Biotechnology & Drugs

Started by eliteG, June 02, 2005, 08:52:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

basanlas

What a great looking 6 month weekly chart. Gotta love it!!

David Randolph

There's so many people eager to buy VPHM (which probably will be the 2005 star on the Nasdaq) that at the slightest dip a lot of investors on the sidelines jump in and buy. They are afraid of buying at the top so they wait for a pullback to buy. Those pullbacks have been very small, which shows strong demand supporting the advance in prices.

Volume doesn't need to keep on growing for the advance in price to continue, it's very natural that it goes lower after the huge volume of the breakout day.

What's more to say about VPHM today? Nothing, just hold on to your horses !

David Randolph

QuoteThere's so many people eager to buy VPHM (which probably will be the 2005 star on the Nasdaq) that at the slightest dip a lot of investors on the sidelines jump in and buy. They are afraid of buying at the top so they wait for a pullback to buy.

And they did it again today  8)

This is the right way for VPHM to keep moving higher, so we just need to let the stock do her work and take us with her on a marvellous journey to $48  :o

stocky

I have been watching and trading VPHM for a while infact right after it started its journey from 2.6. But I was essentially day trading. In the end I settled for peanuts. Last two times I held on this one after david pick it up. So the bottomline is you need to be position trader to get good mileage out of your car [heck stock]. Jumping in and out of VPHM did no good to me and wont be of any benefit to others. On board this bandwagon from 9.89. Will sell only when david do so.

David Randolph

Thanks for your post stocky, nice avatar  :)

I will keep VPHM, being a biotech and pharmaceutical sector company it is a defensive play. But here I don't think the thought «defensive is a stock that will go down less» is right  ;D

VPHM is extremely bullish, both fundamentally and technically, it may come down a bit due to the general market weakness but that weakness will be short lived.

David Randolph

Again, another marvelous day on VPHM. We can say the stock had a correction (induced by profit taking on lower volume), but underneath demand was so strong that even correcting prices went higher  :o

Now volume and momentum are picking up again ... obviously I'll just let the profits run, it looks like VPHM will be the 2005 stock star on the Nasdaq  :-*

Se7en

VPHM is running like Michael Johnson in his old days but how long will it last!? :)
Can someone estimate what's a fair value for the stock at the moment?
Així és la Catalunya, així és el Barça! Mès que un club!!!

David Randolph

Michael has an estimation based solely on Vancocin: $28. My take is this stock will run up to $48, possibly based on some news on the strong pipeline of drugs the company has.

But, thinking day by day as I like to do, the lower open is more of the same on VPHM, it will probably trade higher again by the end of the day.

bw6458

David - I am very new here and several weeks back you mentioned AVN.  Their new CEO was annouced, earnings beat estimates and they are waiting to here from the FDA on drug approval... Any feelings one way or the other...   ::)

David Randolph

The technical target is $3.88, I don't know where but I've made some analysis about this target before it broke out.

I don't know anything more about the stock and don't have much time to investigate now, sorry. Perhaps I'll buy it if the uptrend and volume persists. If I had the stock I would take profits at $3.88 and evaluate again.

Good luck !

David Randolph

Quote from: David Randolph on August 26, 2005, 09:26:37 AM
Michael has an estimation based solely on Vancocin: $28. My take is this stock will run up to $48, possibly based on some news on the strong pipeline of drugs the company has.

But, thinking day by day as I like to do, the lower open is more of the same on VPHM, it will probably trade higher again by the end of the day.

Another 1% added to VPHM. Step by step, we're over $17 now. The short, medium and long term trends are bullish. There are no technical or fundamental motives to sell VPHM at this stage.

The fact that we have a 72% profit alone isn't a motive to sell, the stock doesn't even know we exist or at what price we bought. These star stocks are the ones that can put our overall performance for 2005 in the triple digits.

So, I'll continue to hold VPHM for the foreseeable future.

LiveLife

#281
This is Friday's Institutional trading activity for VPHM:

Thanks Michael for the chart paste-in help!

Good Trading! - John
Give a man a fish, you feed him for a day - Teach a man to fish, you feed him for life.

irod

This is a stock for investing, not trading, IMO, and I think a lot of the members here agree.

LiveLife

#283
Friday's volume breaks down to this per Lycos I-watch:


Give a man a fish, you feed him for a day - Teach a man to fish, you feed him for life.

David Randolph

Ok, finally VPHM gave a step back on profit taking. I could think of taking profits too, but I'm afraid I'd lose my position. I have to keep holding the stock, since my analysis says it will go much higher than current prices. I have to be a believer in the trend.

So I'll keep holding VPHM for the foreseeable future.